You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS Semi query - FTAO SKY POKER/TIKAY/SKY DAVE/ANYONE WHO IS TRYING TO PROMOTE UKOPS

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat

THIS IS A MOAN!!!!!

Sat into this for a fiver. 4 runners at start of tourney with LATE REG FOR 30 MINS.
Tournament ID: 7272635

Top player is guaranteed a seat into ME. 1 in 5 will win a seat into UKOPS 3 Main Event- £25,000 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter tournament on Saturday December 29th at 8pm! Late Reg will be open for 30 minutes.

How can Sky guarantee a seat but then not run the tournament?? Pointless.
Should of just left it as 1 in 5 get a seat.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Me too, as I was one of the other players who was in the same satellite.

Will those who qualified be entered into another satellite at the same buy in?
  • edited December 2012
  • edited December 2012

I don't know the answer to this Alan, sorry.

Have you spoken to Customer Care?
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Semi query - FTAO SKY POKER/TIKAY/SKY DAVE/ANYONE WHO IS TRYING TO PROMOTE UKOPS:
    I don't know the answer to this Alan, sorry. Have you spoken to Customer Care?
    Posted by Tikay10

I haven't yet TBH. I assumed this needed looking into by  Sky Poker as it was an advertised tournament through the Sky Poker pop ups yesterday. I believe in being proactive rather than reactive and was trying to get this sorted before other similar sats ran with more traffic.

I will attempt to sort it through customer care now then.
  • edited December 2012

Much appreciated Alan, thank you, proactive beats reactive all day & all night.

I have also sent "Upstairs" a link to the thread.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to UKOPS Semi query - FTAO SKY POKER/TIKAY/SKY DAVE/ANYONE WHO IS TRYING TO PROMOTE UKOPS:
    THIS IS A MOAN!!!!! Sat into this for a fiver. 4 runners at start of tourney with LATE REG FOR 30 MINS. Tournament ID:  7272635 Top player is guaranteed a seat into ME . 1 in 5 will win a seat into UKOPS 3 Main Event- £25,000 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter tournament on Saturday December 29th at 8pm! Late Reg will be open for 30 minutes. How can Sky guarantee a seat but then not run the tournament?? Pointless. Should of just left it as 1 in 5 get a seat.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hey guys,

Unfortunately we did not expect the satellite to get only 4 runners.

As a result of this, we have reduced the minimum number of runners needed for future sats to run down to just 3.

Therefore this issue will not arise again.

If players had satellited in, then they will be entered into tonight's semi-final instead.

Hope this answers your question :)

Thanks,

Joe
  • edited December 2012
    Is there still a guranteed seat if only 4 runners?

EDIT:

Also is there no mini sats for this??
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Semi query - FTAO SKY POKER/TIKAY/SKY DAVE/ANYONE WHO IS TRYING TO PROMOTE UKOPS:
    In Response to UKOPS Semi query - FTAO SKY POKER/TIKAY/SKY DAVE/ANYONE WHO IS TRYING TO PROMOTE UKOPS : Hey guys, Unfortunately we did not expect the satellite to get only 4 runners. As a result of this, we have reduced the minimum number of runners needed for future sats to run down to just 3. Therefore this issue will not arise again. If players had satellited in, then they will be entered into tonight's semi-final instead. Hope this answers your question :) Thanks, Joe
    Posted by Sky_Joe

SIGH. On advice from Tikay, I contacted CS. I can not play tonight so I have requested to play on Friday night. Please can you make sure I am dereg'd from tonights?
    FWIW, I am afraid CS still did not get my concern of the incorrect wording and used Sky Pokers 'terms' as a get out clause.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Semi query - FTAO SKY POKER/TIKAY/SKY DAVE/ANYONE WHO IS TRYING TO PROMOTE UKOPS : SIGH. On advice from Tikay, I contacted CS. I can not play tonight so I have requested to play on Friday night. Please can you make sure I am dereg'd from tonights? FWIW, I am afraid CS still did not get my concern of the incorrect wording and used Sky Pokers 'terms' as a get out clause.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    You are officially the unluckiest man on the site!
    I seem to remember you finished second in an all in satellite where two seats were promised when in the end only one was awarded.
    Maybe they're afraid you're too good for the site! lol
    Good luck in the semi when you do eventually play it! pretty sure you'll own it!
  • edited December 2012
    fwiw all sites do this - tournaments, including satellites, need a mininum number of players registered to be able to run. So if it doesn't meet, none of the packages/tickets are given
  • edited December 2012

Thankfully, got through to same bloke on CS and have now got this sorted.