You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ANONYMOUS??

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat

why do sky allow anonymous posts on the forum. the insulting post early on today went up and down like a yoyo, the insults aimed at two respected players were disgusting and who ever made the post banned. can I ask was action taken by sky in this matter? if anonymous is a function available to all then I think its time it was banned.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    it's when people post but are logged out, so it posts as anonymous.

tis a rather regular occurance, no idea what specific thread you are referencing. have you contacted customer support?
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: ANONYMOUS??:
    it's when people post but are logged out, so it posts as anonymous. tis a rather regular occurance, no idea what specific thread you are referencing. have you contacted customer support?
    Posted by beaneh
    surly sky have the means to stop that from happening if not way not. no i have not reported it to cs i don't believe i should sky monitor their own forum and should i believe act accordingly. if it is a regular thing then what's to stop banned people using this to carry on trolling the forum.
  • edited December 2012
    It's a known defect of the Pluck forum software Sky Poker use to run the forum.  They can't force it to be fixed by Pluck any easier than I could get Microsoft to fix a bug if I found one in Microsoft Office.

I guess the options are keep the forum running with the known bug and delete the anonymous posts as and when they occur or close the forum.  I know which option I'd prefer.
  • edited December 2012
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to ANONYMOUS??:
    why do sky allow anonymous posts on the forum. the insulting post early on today went up and down like a yoyo, the insults aimed at two respected players were disgusting and who ever made the post banned. can I ask was action taken by sky in this matter? if anonymous is a function available to all then I think its time it was banned.
    Posted by drumahai05
    Hi Joe,

They do not "allow" anonymous Posts as such, it is a glitch, (apologies for that), however even when it is shown as "anonymous" the software DOES identify who made the Post.

The Posts are no longer present, as far as I can see, so that (presumably) means they were removed by either Sky Poker or a Moderator. If that is the case, & the Posts were non-compliant, then I am pretty sure that suitable action will have been taken.

For clarification, "anonymous" Posts are NOT a function designed to be allowed or permitted.

• edited December 2012
    I wish this glitch worked for me. I've lost count the ammount of times I've written a lengthy (and usually boring) post only for me to become logged out and it disappears forever.