You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Capped tables - feedback please

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat

Hi everyone

Tomorrow, we will hopefully be trialling some capped cash tables with a view to rolling them out. For those that don't know, on these tables there is a maximum you can put in the pot.

So for example, lets say you are on a 10p/20p table, we might set the cap at £5 so even if you were sat there with £20, you could only put £5 in the pot before you would be considered to be 'all in' to the cap. Obviously you reduce the risk of going bust on a single hand but then again you can only win a max of £5 from each player.

So what should the settings for the table be? (buy in limits & cap)

Here's two examples for 10p/20p but feel free to make your own suggestions:

Example A
- Minimum buy in £8 (40 big blinds)
- Maximum buy in £8 (again, 40 big blinds)
- Cap £8 (spot the trend!)

Example B
- Minimum buy in £8 (40 big blinds)
- Maximum buy in £20 (100 big blinds)
- Cap £8 (40 big blinds)

What do you think?

Thanks
Sky Poker

Comments

• edited December 2012
    why is this being added? there has been zero demand for cap tables as there are no pro shortstackers on sky as the volume of tables is too low and they are the only people who have wanted this table type implemented elsewhere

i don't get the logic?
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Capped tables - feedback please:
    why is this being added? there has been zero demand for cap tables as there are no pro shortstackers on sky as the volume of tables is too low and they are the only people who have wanted this table type implemented elsewhere i don't get the logic?
    Posted by zing
    Hi Zing

It will only be on specific tables (maybe only certain limits) and will only be used if there is demand for them. Hence why we'd do a trial to see how popular they are and to see what people think.

This is definitely not aimed at shortstackers, in face we can change the settings shown to make this even more the case if needed.

Sky Poker
  • edited December 2012
    Abso ridic idea, anyone can just cap themselfs and only play with 50bb etc.. or w/e
    If people want to short stack then ok fair enough but please don't introduce capped tables.

I don't see what this will result in, people 3/4 bet shoving lighter with minimum risk is surely the only positive aspect

perplexed -_-

• edited December 2012
  • edited December 2012
    I don't see the problem trialing these. If they don't prove popular then they won't stay anyway.

Just as long as they don't replace a normal cash table.
  • edited December 2012
    I don't see the problem trialing these. If they don't prove popular then they won't stay anyway. Just as long as they don't replace a normal cash table.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Correct, & no, they won't. ;)
  • edited December 2012
    rancid, if people are shorter, it's easier to get in more, might have more people gambling, allins pre see flops and get raked ;)

hardly seems like there would be any demand for this.

would be ridic to have the minbuyin as the cap, surely the whole point is the cap is the maximum outlay per hand, the minbuyin is somewhere a little below the cap and the max can be bigger than the cap it doesn't really matter.  it also means if you lose money it's much harder to win it back.

edit this seems just like an idea for a newish feature that is possible under the current software, when alot of the more important changes need the BIG change and i'd 'personally' rather have all the focus on the major changes before tweaking and preening the site as a whole.

• edited December 2012
    Just amazed that this is being developed when the basic stuff everyone has been screaming about forever , eg auto topup for cash, is not addressed

Auto top up falls under the category of basic functionality that is missing imo
  • edited December 2012
    Just amazed that this is being developed when the basic stuff everyone has been screaming about forever , eg auto topup for cash, is not addressed Auto top up falls under the category of basic functionality that is missing imo
    Posted by simonnatur

i'm just such a nit I have to post. 

it's 100% NOT basic functionality (auto top up)

you are  100% correct in your first line though, and with an example like antes/timebank/many error fixes I would have just +1 mirrioned it. apologies for being a nit.
  • edited December 2012
    Just amazed that this is being developed when the basic stuff everyone has been screaming about forever , eg auto topup for cash, is not addressed Auto top up falls under the category of basic functionality that is missing imo
    Posted by simonnatur
    This genuinely has no impact on the new product development work simonnatur. It's not one or the other, they are seperate. For example - it's a bit like saying having someone round to paint your fence slows down someone fixing your car, both can happen at the same time and seperately.
  • edited December 2012
    Ok I take your point, and I don't get to see the whole business picture around how these things are prioritised. I guess tweaks like the action tables must be considered a success, so maybe these will also succeed.

But i would have thought the addition of auto top up would have clear benefits for both the site and many regs.

Without thinking too deeply about it It would be joint top of my to do list along with timebanks.
  • edited December 2012
    forget which feature is important, just focus on the fact there are features/ERRORS to be fixed that we've been waiting >2 years for!!!!!!!

using the already given analogy

naff painting my fence, I have been walking everywhere for 2 years !!!
  • edited December 2012

Lay off the people painting faces and employ more/better people to help fix the car! 

edit* haha I read it as face painters. which is prob a abetter example, as it's vvvvv pointless. 
  • edited December 2012

Don't worry...

...we have enough people working on fixing (or should that be building) the car!

;)
  • edited December 2012
    Don't worry... ...we have enough people working on fixing (or should that be building) the car! ;)
    Posted by Sky_Poker

if we keep the analogy up it'll be a sinclair c4 and it'll only be 1/3 built...
  • edited December 2012
    ya Beaneh I realise that, having a cap table at 25bb is just going to be all in gambols lightish
    Doesn't make this good does it, rarther have the same players gambling with 100bb )

Still fink painting the fence is more important and can't we just allocate more resources to it and get a bus in the meantime
  • edited December 2012
    ya Beaneh I realise that, having a cap table at 25bb is just going to be all in gambols lightish Doesn't make this good does it, rarther have the same players gambling with 100bb ) Still fink painting the fence is more important and can't we just allocate more resources to it and get a bus in the meantime
    Posted by rancid

It is another format offering the player chioce, it is not neccessarily bad.

Not quite sure you understand the analogy, you are saying you'd rather have small cosmetic changes as opposed to fix long standing errors and issues and adding features that have been requested for years? is that what you meant? 

cos imo errors/functionality > cosmetics
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Capped tables - feedback please : It is another format offering the player chioce, it is not neccessarily bad. Not quite sure you understand the analogy, you are saying you'd rather have small cosmetic changes as opposed to fix long standing errors and issues and adding features that have been requested for years? is that what you meant?  cos imo errors/functionality /> cosmetics
    Posted by beaneh

It's bad for me if the gambling players sit at the capped tables and not at the 100bb tables, but I am being totaly selfish obviously )

I am just saying I want the fence painted, for me the fence represents the big problem - maybe I just got my analogies mixed up ) Why does the car have to be the big issue, maybe some of us have not got a car !

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Capped tables - feedback please : It's bad for me if the gambling players sit at the capped tables and not at the 100bb tables, but I am being totaly selfish obviously ) I am just saying I want the fence painted, for me the fence represents the big problem - maybe I just got my analogies mixed up ) Why does the car have to be the big issue, maybe some of us have not got a car !
    Posted by rancid

ya totally get that you'd want them on the 100bb tables, I do too ;)

god I still don't understand if you get the anology usage or not, essentially the fence is a small problem but driving to work every day is hampered massively by the car not being fixed.

confuseaments
  • edited December 2012
    I think these may work with a cap of 40BB only if you start to let short stackers back into the games by allowing a min 10bb buyin. Otherwise I think they're pretty pointless
  • edited December 2012
    Enough of fixing cars, would someone please just help Orford find his.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Capped tables - feedback please : ya totally get that you'd want them on the 100bb tables, I do too ;) god I still don't understand if you get the anology usage or not, essentially the fence is a small problem but driving to work every day is hampered massively by the car not being fixed. confuseaments
    Posted by beaneh

lol i do get it, but i don't drive ) j/k - just messing
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Capped tables - feedback please:
    Hi everyone Tomorrow, we will hopefully be trialling some capped cash tables 
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Did this happen? I can't see any in the lobby......
  • ckdckd
    edited December 2012

why dont someone just call the aa only takes them a few hours to come out but they should get you home if your cover is right 

saves all the messing and waiting 
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Capped tables - feedback please : Did this happen? I can't see any in the lobby......
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    There will be some later.

Watch this space.
  • edited December 2012

It's live now.
  • edited December 2012
    Could you not have spent 2 minutes playing on other websites capped tables?

you need to have a running counter of how much more can be wagered before the cap for that hand.

why not have a different back drop to the table so people can see easily it's a cap table?

why not implement these for PLO where they make alot more sense (same with the action tables being better suited in that way).
  • edited December 2012
    n Response to Re: Capped tables - feedback please:
    Could you not have spent 2 minutes playing on other websites capped tables? you need to have a running counter of how much more can be wagered before the cap for that hand. why not have a different back drop to the table so people can see easily it's a cap table? why not implement these for PLO where they make alot more sense (same with the action tables being better suited in that way).
    Posted by beaneh

Thanks for the feedback.
  • edited December 2012
    n Response to Re: Capped tables - feedback please : Thanks for the feedback.
    Posted by Sky_Poker

Could you not have that information on the mini view tables where the tournament blind level information normally appears, on the middle left opposite side to the pot information. or infact just under the pot total in brackets. 

IMO a combination of setting PLO blinds to 1/1 not 1/2 etc (action style) and introducing capped games could make people trying out and learning plo alot cheaper and less fierce.