You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50 nl this a gd flop to float to take down on later street?

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Fat_UncleSmall blind £0.25£0.25£59.59IDONKCALLUBig blind £0.50£0.75£52.83 Your hole cards9A   Gixxer1Fold    citygroundFold    Fat_UncleRaise £1.25£2.00£58.34IDONKCALLUCall £1.00£3.00£51.83Flop  2Q2   Fat_UncleBet £2.25£5.25£56.09IDONKCALLUCall £2.25£7.50£49.58Turn  8   Fat_Uncle

Comments

• edited December 2012
    It's a decent flop to float but I'm not sure if I always bet on this turn. Alot of the time your hand is going to be good and it's pretty difficult for you to be called by worse or fold out better. So if you bet this 8, which is really unlikely to improve your hand, you're either bluffing with the best hand or bluffing into something that won't fold.

I wouldn't want to bloat the pot on the turn then face a big bet on the river or even a check-raise on this turn. I'd check back the turn and bluff-catch on most rivers.

I might 3-bet pre-flop if the small blind is raising alot in these situations.
  • edited December 2012
    That's all assuming he checks the turn (as I thought he had). If he bets the turn, your hand can still be good but it's really player dependent, as they say. Is he able to double or triple barrel as a bluff? What's his range here? You'd need to give us more information.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: 50 nl this a gd flop to float to take down on later street?:
    It's a decent flop to float but I'm not sure if I always bet on this turn. Alot of the time your hand is going to be good and it's pretty difficult for you to be called by worse or fold out better. So if you bet this 8, which is really unlikely to improve your hand, you're either bluffing with the best hand or bluffing into something that won't fold. I wouldn't want to bloat the pot on the turn then face a big bet on the river or even a check-raise on this turn. I'd check back the turn and bluff-catch on most rivers. I might 3-bet pre-flop if the small blind is raising alot in these situations.
    Posted by BorinLoner

this^

but any flop is good to float if you think oppo is just raising pre and c bet's )
    Face it oppo only c/f turn if they miss
  • edited December 2012
    well if u 3bet you need a better reason than because he's been raising a lot. theres no point 3betting if villain is just gonna fold, or are we going to 3b/5b? if he calls w/ worse ill 3b, if not ill keep his worse hands in by flatting and playing postfloppokerz

meh youre just going to fold to a double barrel more often than not, i guess i dont mind it. better to have a plan tho instead of just hoping he wont bet again

• edited December 2012
    Add on, the issue with floating that flop is - there's fcuk all to rep & what's said above you  could be bluffing with the best hand - makes it a lot easier if you have some reads on pre flop action to give yourself some indication where you are in the hand - most of the time you seem to think one street at a time and not think 2 streets on - maybe you do, just saying.

For example, are you floating pre and the flop & turn - do you think your ahead pre, what range do you assign oppo pre.
    If you know the answers then it's easier to know if you should 3 bet or flat or float

realdess is just dancing in the wind with your dcik out waitign for it to be slapped
  • edited December 2012
    i guess this isnt really a float

its more of a call because i think i'm ahead, rather than im planning on making a move on a later street.
  • edited December 2012
    i just think pair on flop are a great flops to float on as its unlikely he has trips here and chances of a pair 7/1 so if he bets on turn id raise it up aslong as its not a spade n lower then a queen
  • edited December 2012
    why wouldnt you raise a spade?
    what are you repping?
    how many 2s are in your range?
    what?
  • edited December 2012
    see my thinking is kinda mad but makes me money :p u can knock it if a spade comes on turn he can double barrel its hard to rep a flush and 1 spade hands are prob calling me no ?
  • edited December 2012
    and calling down with ace high  because u think its the best hand imo is silly as u will fold to an empty the clip so much u would be hero calling so yeh i had a plan in the hand