You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Last time I play Sky Open Tonight

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
This is 4th consecutive week I have played the Open on a Saturday night and still not won a hand. Dont think I will ever play on here again complete muppet fest. Think I will stick to a proper poker site

Comments

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Last time I play Sky Open Tonight:
    This is 4th consecutive week I have played the Open on a Saturday night and still not won a hand. Dont think I will ever play on here again complete muppet fest. Think I will stick to a proper poker site
    Posted by tgc100969
     22 v 102

flop akq
    turn 2
    river j

How do u call for half ur stack with 102 lol

Well thats it on here for me,
  • edited November 2009
    hmmm  not won so much as a hand??
  • edited November 2009
    why were u all in pf with 22 anyway?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Last time I play Sky Open Tonight:
    why were u all in pf with 22 anyway?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    good question

left with 900 chips on sb with blinds 100/200 fold to me so thought a push was best as normally most players would fold 102 risking 700 to win 1100 he only had 1700 chips too lol
  • edited November 2009
    so you'd rather he made the right call, folded and waited till you pushed with something else and he had Aces?

be grateful he called with 10 2 dont moan!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Last time I play Sky Open Tonight : good question left with 900 chips on sb with blinds 100/200 fold to me so thought a push was best as normally most players would fold 102 risking 700 to win 1100 he only had 1700 chips too lol
    Posted by tgc100969
    OK FAIR POINT THEN WITH THE SHOVE AND NO HE SHOULDA PUT IT DOWN,BUT........ITS JUST A BAD BEAT.GET OVER IT LOAD UP ANOTHER TABLE AND GET IN THERE.ITS POKER YOU HAVE TO EXPECT IT.GL
  • edited November 2009
    why don't you try deepstack poker ,

less shoving in it, more hands

it may suit your style of play,

you can play it for ,

2, 5 0r 22 pound so it suits everyone's pocket

hope this may help .

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Last time I play Sky Open Tonight:
    Posted by tgc100969
    like you think its any different on any other site? if you do give up, its the same!
  • edited November 2009
    10-2---mmmm --thats very strange, and I've never met one nutter on this site, perhaps the cat got hold of his mouse or something like that?-- extremely isolated incident imo, probably never happen again. hope this helps.
  • edited November 2009
    try some deepstacks value fot your money play some goood poker
  • edited November 2009

How many chips did he have when he called with 10-2? If I have a big stack here, and u pushed blind on blind? Im definately calling with any 2 cards with u having less than 5 big blinds. Shouldn't have let it get to that stage.

Just re checked ur message, I see he has less than 10 BBs as well, in that case, hes gone nuts or mis clicked.

I agree with the people suggesting the deepstack, I've only played it once myself, and haven't really got the patience to play it all the time, it gives you at least a couple of hours of 'proper, skillfull' poker, rather than smash n bash open/primo poker, where you only get about 40 minutes before it becomes 'all or nothing' if you havent doubled early.

Decent prize money in the 22 quid one as well, worth doing if your into that sorta thing.

Wouldn't give up tho m8, Gl, DOHH

• edited November 2009
    Taking the bad beats is all part of the game, they leave a bad taste in your mouth, but if you're gonna play you're gonna get 'em, it's a 100% guarantee. Sometimes they're well spaced out, other times they're clustered together. The worse your opponent the more likely you are to be hit by one.

I could reel off many similar hands, we all remember the bad beats, but for some reason the equal number of times that lady luck actually favours us soon get forgotten.

You'll be back!
  • edited November 2009
    The other deeper people need to ask is- How did I get short-stacked in the first place? Does this happen alot? Are people exploiting passivity my play? Is my play too predictable, particularly, post-flop? Just putting it out there. Also don't complain too much about suckouts. It gives you a reputation as a rock, which better players will exploit postflop.
  • edited November 2009

Unlucky, was a bad call, these things do happen tho. On a more positive note, i will back Irish all the way. Deepstack is the way to go, proper poker players, longer game, nicer ppl and better chat....

Hope this makes you feel better about the site

X amanda 

• edited November 2009
    You could just be on a bad run at the moment mate, it happens. Don't give up on it just yet, i am with boro an irish try the deepstacks for a while. I personally don't play them that much but lot's of people do and love em an the majority can't be wrong :)
  • edited November 2009
    Well that call was a little unfortunate, this does't happen much in deep stacks, its worth remembering that there are quite a few inexperienced poker players that will call just about anything so you were unlucky.

I used to get frustrated with this happening all the time but now I expect it so just sit and wait to take my opportunity.

The deepstacks are great on sky, with some great players who know how to play, its a nice relaxed pace and not so many bad beats.

Good luck and keep at it.
  • edited November 2009
    Every site's the same, if you think otherwise, then it's you who is terrible not the other players.
  • edited November 2009

Would you rather play players who make GOOD calls or BAD calls?
  • edited November 2009
    bad calls everyday an twice on sundays!! he's gonna get lucky once in a while, but your gonna get the lion share at the end of the day ;)
  • edited November 2009
    When playing against a player who makes bad calls the game brings in its luck element, this time he was lucky but how many times will that luck evade him if he carries on calling with bad hand..

There could be other reasons why he'd call with a bad hand, for example he may be multi-tabling and needed to act quick or he might be a high bankroller who can afford to call with a bad hand.

If I was you I would definetley try a deepstack tourney, you can take your time and watch how the other players play so you can get a read on them and it will help you improve your game, you can sit out for an hour and  still have a majority of your chipstack left. You also feel you are not pressed into making bad calls yourself hence can be more patient.

so if you have the patience try a deepie and gl at the tables

• edited November 2009
    listen to the advice given about the deepstacks.yeah sure you still get the odd player who cant resist betting like a monkey but ive yet to meet one who has reached the final 3 tables.they generally exit before blinds are 150/300.cost wise and for good poker play i highly recommend the £125 gtd at 20.15 £5.50 buy in or the £2.20 buy in at 21.15.gl
  • edited November 2009
    Bad beats or just a bad run, perhaps taking a small break would help your game, couple of days off then comeback refreshed, i'm sure in the long run u'll be back to winning ways
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Last time I play Sky Open Tonight :  22 v 102 flop akq turn 2 river j How do u call for half ur stack with 102 lol Well thats it on here for me,
    Posted by tgc100969
    Well.....goodbye!