You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Date for resizeable tables

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat

Afternoon all

Just wondered if anyone knows when this is going to happen.  I've seen Tikay on TV saying its on the way but when.

Ta.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Date for resizeable tables:
    Afternoon all Just wondered if anyone knows when this is going to happen.  I've seen Tikay on TV saying its on the way but when. Ta.
    Posted by joe575
    I've just asked this of someone else then seen this, so would be good to get your response too.

can you please edumacate me about what people want from reziseable tables. 

Currently you can have standard view which are large and provide full information, or you can have the mini view have truncated information. This 2 size setup is so much better than the previous just the large tables setup we had. Resizing tables by 1 millimetre here 1 millimetetre there might make you happy but in reality it adds very little functionality to the software. What is it you hope to achieve? 
  • edited December 2012
    Did sky delete my comment ?  ROFL
  • edited December 2012
    I don't know feel free to click my name, send me a pm and include whatever vitriol you want. :)
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Date for resizeable tables:
    In Response to Re: Date for resizeable tables : They are so good to there loyal customers :)
    Posted by 1267
    Actually, think we mite be getting confused?  The comments are in "poker design/comments" now? 
  • edited December 2012

I commented on this one earlier and it dissapeared ...  SIGH

• edited December 2012
    As I already said pls pm me anything you wrote that has been deleted. ty
  • edited December 2012
    As I already said pls pm me anything you wrote that has been deleted. ty
    Posted by beaneh

Are you now on Sky's payroll as a technical helper?
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Date for resizeable tables : I've just asked this of someone else then seen this, so would be good to get your response too. can you please edumacate me about what people want from reziseable tables.  Currently you can have standard view which are large and provide full information, or you can have the mini view have truncated information. This 2 size setup is so much better than the previous just the large tables setup we had. Resizing tables by 1 millimetre here 1 millimetetre there might make you happy but in reality it adds very little functionality to the software. What is it you hope to achieve? 
    Posted by beaneh
     Sorry Beaneh but i completely disagree.
    My monitor is of a certain dimension that does not neatly fit tables in. It's off-putting and if not for other factors,( non HUD, forum, friendly players etc), ...then i would leave this site and go somewhere else. I don't grind but i want some chat with say three or four tables and to see the scoreboard and put up another table if i'm on last two table. that table can be smaller, can't it? I want to resize the tables to the sizes that suit me, sir. I want an enjoyable experience from my poker. Not some mad fury going from one table to another or squinting my eyes trying to see details of bets etc.

Mini size i've triedand does not appeal to me whatsoever as i cannot see the stack sizes clearly.
    I hope that this post lets you see that there is a wide range of players who want entertainment not just financial gain.
    Sorry mate but resizeable table are a big priority in MY thinking and in many others who play this site, i suspect.
  • edited December 2012
    Hi folks,

Resizeable tables were demonstrated at SPT Luton as part of the new Sky Poker software we're currently working on. There are lots of other things which are going into the same piece of work, but the projected delivery time for this at the moment stands in the first half of 2013. It's progressing well, but in all cases like this we have to make sure we put the right end product out there, so it's a blend of pace and improvement. With so many plates to juggle, I'm just pleased it's not my project! :)

The first viewing at Luton was essentially the bare bones. There are lots of things which will need to be added, tweaked, and so forth. What it does show is that the mechanic is there and looks good.

Those of you who have seen should be able to comment on how big a change it is. I don't think any of you will be disappointed. 
  • edited December 2012
    i'm not arguing for or against, obviously more functionality is good. Just trying to see what specific things you hope to achieve that cant already be done. :-)

• edited December 2012
    i'm not arguing for or against, obviously more functionality is good. Just trying to see what specific things you hope to achieve that cant already be done. :-)
    Posted by beaneh
     Fair enough beaneh....cheers mate.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Date for resizeable tables : Are you now on Sky's payroll as a technical helper?
    Posted by MAXALLY

i'll let y ou know when I get a paycheck rofl
  • edited December 2012
    fwiw i just think the mini view tables are ugly and obv with the new software comes resizable tables so it all comes together. resizable tables seem to be smaller and just generally better. weakargument.com
  • edited December 2012
    Not everyone can afford the super high res monitors, so being able to re size them is good if you are playing more than 4 tables. The overlap I used to get was pretty shocking.

• edited December 2012
    fwiw i just think the mini view tables are ugly and obv with the new software comes resizable tables so it all comes together. resizable tables seem to be smaller and just generally better. weakargument.com
    Posted by percival09

weak argument dawt com for shure.
  • edited December 2012
    Is this a fence or car issue

I vote fence )

But I still want a size of table that sit's between a mini and a standard because it makes my brain hurt when I get tired looking the mini view - A4 abso kills me emotions :D

I have to note the size of the table can be adjusted if you change your resolution :D