You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT's

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
Hi everyone, i have started playing mtt's over the last couple of months and was wondering what is a good ratio for cashing, getting to the final table and winning. I usually play bounty hunters at the lower level, up to £5 entry. Thanks in anticipation.

Mikeyd905

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Depends on the field size and sample size really but I would say cashing around 10-12% is decent. What matters more however is the times you make the cash how many FT's you make, then how many you go on to finish in the top 3 or win the tournament from the times you FT, if that makes sense.
    Most good MTT players will have very modest min-small placed cashes compared to the average player. However what makes them successful is they cash then go onto FT and aim for the top 3 where all the money is. Good players will take flips on the bubble all day and even 40/60's if it means there going to go into the latter stages with a big stack, rather than cashing and busting a few levels later as they can express there edge easier with a larger stack once they reach the FT.