You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Do i take the plunge here?

Hi

blinds 15/30 deep stack. I raise UTG 3X w/ KK and get three callers incl sb and bb.
Flop is 2d 3s 7d.

sb donk bets the pot, i rer 3x his bet(pot=1770) and he 4 bets 3/4 pot (pot=3150).
We both started with approx 4.5k in chips. Player hadn't played any aggro stuff in previous hands.

I folded but what would you have done. The donk was a surprise but if he has trips then maybe he's charging for the flush draw. TBH, i wasn't sure how far behind i was and wanted to believe that he had an overpair. He'd rer with QQ+ surely. Only left 88-jj so I folded as  early and stack size was still recoverable. Your opinion.?
PS bigger raise pre for sure to 4x, i think.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    on this flop im all in all of the time if he got a set nh gg move on i have to go broke here anything else is a mistake imo
  • edited December 2012
    Prof, why raise the flop if you are going to fold when he raises again?

You trying to make him fold a better hand than kings?

Shove now :)
  • edited December 2012
    3x is good pre.

Surely you want this action by re-raising the donk lead on the flop? Flat if your not happy about gii on the flop but youv'e played it perfectly well imo.
    It's a shove all day long as played.

• edited December 2012
    all in defo, he could just have a 7 and called pre flop raise for table image in sb / bb position
  • edited December 2012
    dnt play scared and what ifs go with it fearlessssssssssssss poker wins :)
  • edited December 2012
    Cheers guys
    I think i've had some horrible beats in recent days and i can feel myself becoming more risk averse. I can feel myself tightening up TBH. There's nowt worse than having a certain R, a vg player imo,  try to bluff your check raise AI with 87o on a K45 board when i have KTo and catch runner, runner clubs for a flush. He went on to come third. You know who you are. Ha.
     Maybe i need to take a break and reassess my game. I'm feeling frustrated at the mo and not sure of how to go about improving with this mindset.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Do i take the plunge here?:
    dnt play scared and what ifs go with it fearlessssssssssssss poker wins :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    You can't say owt after u checked back top 2 w/KQ in the other thread!!! 

Opposite of fearless ;)
  • edited December 2012
    oh cmon was a bad river card :p everything got there
  • edited December 2012
    Prof
    I think you know you should have gone with this hand.
    I understand when you're running badly thoughts of previous hands can enter your head. However, you really have to ignore that and play each hand on it's own.
    When i have an overpair to the board and someone leads i'm loving life in, apologies if wrong, fairly low stake tourneys.
    At lowish stakes i rarely see someone lead with a monster.
    These are the spots we desperately want in a tourney to chip up with rather than nursing a recoverable stack.
  • edited December 2012
    Hi J

You are absolutely correct. Think i need a chart like i have for my dym's. Then its almost decided for me ....UNLESS there's a very good reason not to. It's funny how a couple of beats get ya especially when players don't have the correct odds to call etc. It's being unsure of whether you should play or not that's frustrating ...not so much the beat. I certainly come across spots where my post flop play is uncertain and just plain poor.

Played in Forum special Legs tonight. Out first couple of hands w/KK trying to play aggro. Mind couldn't see hidden str8 but possible flush and ace there so again, my thinking may have flawed. Leg 4 went better and i got a 2nd. It's funny how a little bit of success can refill the 'enthusiasm jar'.

I won't let it put me off but i may have a break...just play a coupleof the fun ones occasionally in  leagues and DTd but put my game in for an MOT. Just hope it doesn't cost too much...ha!
  • edited December 2012
    As played GII but I prob flat flop donk out.  Kind of turn our hand face up, unless we have cultivated an especially aggro image, but unlikely at first/2nd level.

Only hand I can really see continuing when we raise flop s 2prs sets and D draws.  But as he 3bets us leans much more to sets two prs.

I'd rather go for a bit of deception and flat flop.  Msinly as I dont believe worse will continue often.