You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50 nl once i call preflop do i have to call here am i beating enuff hands to make the call?

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
the 3 bet pre could easily have high pp but are there hands im beating for me to make the call on the river thoughts please ? Gixxer1Small blind £0.25£0.25£53.15citygroundBig blind £0.50£0.75£50.25 Your hole cardsAJ   Fat_UncleFold    IDONKCALLURaise £1.50£2.25£52.70Gixxer1Raise £3.25£5.50£49.90citygroundFold    IDONKCALLUCall £2.00£7.50£50.70Flop  J92   Gixxer1Bet £3.75£11.25£46.15IDONKCALLUCall £3.75£15.00£46.95Turn  4   Gixxer1Bet £7.50£22.50£38.65IDONKCALLUCall £7.50£30.00£39.45River  2   Gixxer1Bet £30.00£60.00£8.65

Comments

• edited December 2012
    This is going to be very player dependent and, as usual, I have no idea about your opponents game. Nor have you given any of your own reads...

So before you call the pre-flop 3-bet you have to know about your opponent's 3-betting range. Is he only 3-betting out of the blinds with a premium hand? If so then you should definitely just fold because AJ plays appallingly against every hand in that range. If he's 3-betting a wide range, then you can call but you must be able to call subsequent bets a bit light. For example, calling the 3-bet to play fit or fold is a big problem because people who 3-bet light pre-flop are always going to fire a c-bet and many will be able to fire more than one barrell.

Anyway, since you called pre-flop, logically you must think his 3-betting range is wide.

If you think he has a light 3-betting range but can't fire more than one street, then fold the turn. When calling the turn you need to be able to call a third barrell on this river. If your hand is good on the turn, it's very likely to still be good on this river.

Of course the fact that the turn and river brought such blank cards makes it less likely that a strong player is going to continue bluffing the river here: They're not really representing much. If you showed me this hand in isolation, I'd say folding to the pre-flop 3-bet or folding on the turn are going to be best. Most players are fairly tight and his range is going to be heavily weighted towards overpairs and big hands.

You need to have good reads that he 3-bets light and barrells off on dry boards for calling down to be good, I think.
  • edited December 2012
    yeah we need reads on opponent can`t make a proper decision without information imo.

but playing it readless and how you have played the hand so far I ain`t folding river after calling the turn I might be wrong though.
  • edited December 2012
    only reads i have well this guy lost a buy in on another table  by bluffing of hes stack within a couple of mins hes raising here tilt maybe i dont know if he done the standard 4 bet pre i might fold but as it was only £2 more in a £7.75 pot once i call i thought it was worth a peel and if im honest i was up about £130 on other table and i thought im happy to lose a buy in on this board as im up on other tables
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: 50 nl once i call preflop do i have to call here am i beating enuff hands to make the call?:
    only reads i have well this guy lost a buy in on another table  by bluffing of hes stack within a couple of mins hes raising here tilt maybe i dont know if he done the standard 4 bet pre i might fold but as it was only £2 more in a £7.75 pot once i call i thought it was worth a peel and if im honest i was up about £130 on other table and i thought im happy to lose a buy in on this board as im up on other tables
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    lol. 

I know 100% you aren't even joking here :( sighhhhhh
  • edited December 2012
    you ask us a question in your opening post. THAT is the kind of question YOU should be asking YOURSELF PREFLOP when calling the 3bet!!! if you call the 3bet and then call 2 streets and fold otr why do u even call 3bet? doesn't seem +ev at all imo - call & hope ftw
  • edited December 2012
    think peeling with aj is jus goiin to put u in tough spots like this a lot of the time! prefer a fold or 4bet if u going to play the hand. however, once peel and have TT IMO u hve to stack off
  • edited December 2012
    have to agree with samboram 

borin loner u explain your posts n thought process very well like stu rutter on the show :)  maybe u should go on 1 time
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: 50 nl once i call preflop do i have to call here am i beating enuff hands to make the call?:
    In Response to Re: 50 nl once i call preflop do i have to call here am i beating enuff hands to make the call? : lol.  I know 100% you aren't even joking here :( sighhhhhh
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This ^
  • edited December 2012
    Your beating a triple barrel bluff, unless you think oppo is doing this with KJ
    Can oppo being doing this with combi draw down 3 streets

Your whole reason for c/c should not be because your up elsewhere )
    Doesn't make for great decision making, even though I understand your sentiment.
  • edited December 2012
    have to agree with samboram  borin loner u explain your posts n thought process very well like stu rutter on the show :)  maybe u should go on 1 time
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    You want me to go all the way down to London just to go on the show? They'd probably end up putting me on with that Fowler woman and she'd bully me all night.

I don't think anyone wants to be treated to my ugly face.

You bring up a good point, though. It's a while since a forum reg was on the show. It's probably because a few of them have frozen a little in front of the bright lights but it's something I think they should do more regularly.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: 50 nl once i call preflop do i have to call here am i beating enuff hands to make the call? : You want me to go all the way down to London just to go on the show? They'd probably end up putting me on with that Fowler woman and she'd bully me all night. I don't think anyone wants to be treated to my ugly face. You bring up a good point, though. It's a while since a forum reg was on the show. It's probably because a few of them have frozen a little in front of the bright lights but it's something I think they should do more regularly.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    i can think of worse ways to be bullied all night :)

• edited December 2012
    looks like value town to me