You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

6k rebuy

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
in the 6k rebuy tonight, do you have to run out of chips before you can re buy? or at what stage can you re buy. thank you   bigwol

Comments

• edited December 2012
    In Response to 6k rebuy:
    in the 6k rebuy tonight, do you have to run out of chips before you can re buy? or at what stage can you re buy. thank you   bigwol
    Posted by bigwol1
    can rebuy as soon as u go under your starting stack,gd lk
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: 6k rebuy:
    In Response to 6k rebuy : can rebuy as soon as u go under your starting stack,gd lk
    Posted by SHAUNY
    thank you , and good luck
  • edited December 2012
    why has the buy in dropped back down to £11.00, numbers mite have dropped when it got changed to £22.00 but the guarentee was more so i cant understand this. obv people with lower bankrolls moaning and getting there own way on here as usuall!!!
  • edited December 2012
    why has the buy in dropped back down to £11.00, numbers mite have dropped when it got changed to £22.00 but the guarentee was more so i cant understand this. obv people with lower bankrolls moaning and getting there own way on here as usuall!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573

LOL....just lol.

If you haven't already noticed, everything up to now has been increased ,inluding the mains and minis. Other affordable tournaments (£2.30 B/H for eg) have been removed.

I am of the strong opinion that the higher bankroll players say 'jump' and Sky Poker ask 'how high?'. Like in life, money talks.

If it was just a tongue in cheek comment, wp, you got me to bite :)
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: 6k rebuy : LOL....just lol. If you haven't already noticed, everything up to now has been increased ,inluding the mains and minis. Other affordable tournaments (£2.30 B/H for eg) have been removed. I am of the strong opinion that the higher bankroll players say 'jump' and Sky Poker ask 'how high?'. Like in life, money talks. If it was just a tongue in cheek comment, wp, you got me to bite :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    so they should be aswell, ditch them all i say. no mtts or stts under £11.00, this is the way forward!!
  • edited December 2012
    Posted by THEROCK573
    The Business keeps trying new things, change this, faff with that, sometimes they work well, other times not so much. Better to try these things than just stagnate, & if the price is we get a little flak, so be it.

It was increased to £22 a month or more ago, but they decided this week, after data analysis, that it was probably right to bring it back to £11 for the time being.

"moaning"? The Business has to accept that people do "moan" from time to time, but it has no real effect as such, constructive feedback from the wider client-Base (not just the Community), data analysis & commercial considerations are the principle drivers for change.

Some players want the buy-ins higher, some want them lower. Quite an awkward balancing act, but it goes with the territory.

Trying to please all/some of the players all/some of the time.....

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: 6k rebuy : so they should be aswell, ditch them all i say. no mtts or stts under £11.00, this is the way forward!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I was one of the players who was against changing the 11 rebuy to a 22 and it def wasn't for bankroll reasons.

The 22 excluded a lot of people from playing and didn't really increase the prizepool a great deal.  The 11 usually had around 1.6 to 1.8k uptop and the 22 1.8k to 2.1k.

IIRC it was getting sub 200 and not as many rebuys/addons as the 11.

I would personally expect the 11 to get near 300, and given the time of year pushing for 350/400 and people will be far more comfortable rebuying.

A great decision from Sky....and I think there will be a couple of more changes soon to give the tournie schedule here a real freshen up. ;)
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: 6k rebuy : so they should be aswell, ditch them all i say. no mtts or stts under £11.00, this is the way forward!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Funniest thing ive read in ages!
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: 6k rebuy : I was one of the players who was against changing the 11 rebuy to a 22 and it def wasn't for bankroll reasons. The 22 excluded a lot of people from playing and didn't really increase the prizepool a great deal.  The 11 usually had around 1.6 to 1.8k uptop and the 22 1.8k to 2.1k. IIRC it was getting sub 200 and not as many rebuys/addons as the 11. I would personally expect the 11 to get near 300, and given the time of year pushing for 350/400 and people will be far more comfortable rebuying. A great decision from Sky....and I think there will be a couple of more changes soon to give the tournie schedule here a real freshen up. ;)
    Posted by scotty77
     £22.00 rebuy for every time ive ever played it has had a prizepool of at least 7.5k. cant ever remember it getting that big when it was £11.00 buy in.
  • edited December 2012
    small buyin rebuys > big buyin rebuys ldo.
  • edited December 2012
    Posted by THEROCK573
    If you become unfortunate enough to run out of money or lose your BR, you won't feel like this, i can assure you. 

The biggest two sites have games for all budgets and bankrolls, Likewise Sky should look to attract all new players not just those with big bankrolls and alot of people cant afford £11+ every night
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: 6k rebuy : If you become unfortunate enough to run out of money or lose your BR, you won't feel like this, i can assure you.  The biggest two sites have games for all budgets and bankrolls, Likewise Sky should look to attract all new players not just those with big bankrolls and alot of people cant afford £11+ every night
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    it was a joke, i new someone would take that comment seriously. lighten up!!!
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: 6k rebuy : it was a joke, i new someone would take that comment seriously. lighten up!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    well Lambert is on holiday, someones gotta fill in :)