You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

points for what when dont play freerolls? thought of an idea

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
I have over 5k in points but for what do i ask ?

Im sure im not alone here who has loads of points for what can only play freerolls with them well i dnt play freerolls so whats the point

how about once a month 1k in points freeroll

or even buy sky poker cups hat or shirts etc with the poker points i dunno earn 1k in points can buy a hat or a shirt   thoughts on this please ?

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Ive got 8,682 points, and I can't do very much with them.. would take me months to spend them all on freerolls!

+1
  • edited December 2012
    gregg what u think of a 1k freeroll a month for 1k in points ? great idea i think it wouldstill get alot of runners but atleast its summit if ya win instead of points just growing and doing nowt with em

i know they do a loyalty freeroll 250 points but more would be good :)
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: points for what when dont play freerolls? thought of an idea:
    [QUOTE]gregg what u think of a 1k freeroll a month for 1k in points ? great idea i think it wouldstill get alot of runners but atleast its summit if ya win instead of points just growing and doing nowt with em i know they do a loyalty freeroll 250 points but more would be good :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

As i don't work for Sky, I dont know if that would be cost effective, but I would certainly like to see a way that i could dispose of my points! 
  • edited December 2012
    I rarely play freerolls as well!
    Should be able to use them in any tournament!
    They must have a value!

C'mon sky ,have a christmas tournament where we can use our points!
  • edited December 2012
    tournament tickets. c4p store etc all good ideas and have been made before as a use for the c4ps
  • edited December 2012
    points store is good :)

i can get a tpt shirt :)
  • edited December 2012
    what beaneh said but it will never happen as some people have alot more stored up from when points got you nothing.

for instance i have 282995 which i aint using for any of those freerolls to simply get rid of them :(
  • edited December 2012
    nutter im talking about poker points not your bankroll :)
  • edited December 2012
  • edited December 2012
    my points reset every month, how have u got 200k+ ??? do yours not go back to 0 at the end of the month??
  • edited December 2012
    mine reset back to 275k which is what they was before cash 4 points was introduced under the current system.Do the math what they could be worth ha :(
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: points for what when dont play freerolls? thought of an idea:
    mine reset back to 275k which is what they was before cash 4 points was introduced under the current system.Do the math what they could be worth ha :(
    Posted by Nutter5932

yeh not talking about 1047 fpss. just those since c4p ldo

would still be nicer to have some more features/functionality/way of clawing back value rather than just say ya they wont do it!

braying mobs sometimes help. fetch the pitchforks
  • edited December 2012
    10,000 points = A Beaneh t-shirt.

• edited December 2012
    Even if they couldn't copy the poker-point stores of other popular sites, there must be a way of throwing out some higher-points-entry tournaments to act as freeroll sattellites for the bigger events (SPTs, UKOPS ME - maybe even VLV) - tournis that maybe are more of a draw than grinding away for a couple of hours to win £1.25.

Probably still no good for the highest rollers, but an easyish first move and further help to driving site loyalty?
  • edited December 2012
    Great idea I only play low level mtts  and have nearly 3000 points.

Sats for say 500+ points prize entry into a mtt of £11 or more would be a great idea otherwise the points are pointless to me and many other.

I did play one freeroll and won £0.19p never again. 
  • edited December 2012
    Lets hope 1 of the sky team read this post then :)

• edited December 2012
    Points are now deducted every month as part of the C4P promotion. The only people who points left after that, are the people who played on Sky before the introduction of C4P. Once those players points are used up (by any of the methods suggested), all this discussion becomes redundant because no-one will have points left at the end of the month to spend on anything.

Sky will never backdate the points accrued in the past in exchange for anything, so just reset everyones points to 0 every month so this discussion will stop popping up every month.
  • edited December 2012
    IDCU - you are saying you dont play freerolls then later down the thread you are saying you want a 1k freeroll? Am I missing something here but just a few moments earlier you have categorically stated that you do not play freerolls so what use would a 1k freeroll be to you?
  • edited December 2012
    i mean a freeroll thats worth winning bufc  i mean a  1k in points freeroll 500 gtd or summit as its not easy to get 1k in points but would still get a few hundred in easy the £50 freeroll and £100 freeroll are pointless play 2 hrs to come 11th to win 25p

i understand and admit its good for the new players who are willing to earn so play a freeroll but they dnt intrest me so dnt play them but i think there should be another way to spend your points as nutter said he has loads of points but for what ? cant use them on anything