You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TILT

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE WORD 'TILT' MEANS IN POKER? OR WHEN SUMONE IS TILTING OR ABOUT TO TILT....

Comments

• edited November 2009
    When somebody loses a hand then on their next hand they go all in, that means their on tilt, usually its temper after loosing the previous hand..  Hope thats a help....
  • edited November 2009
    Tilt in essence is when a player has had a bad beat and loses all control of what he does in the game.
    Going on Tilt is about the worse thing that can happen because you go chasing straits and flushes that you wouldn't normally do and lose all your chips.
    If you do get a bad beat, just leave the game for a few minutes until your have gained your composure, and then return to the game with a settled mind.
    If I get a bad beat, I say to myself that the player has only got the chips on loan and I will get them back with good play. After all, he won them with a bad play, and good players can always win in the long run.
  • edited November 2009
    i jst had KK played it and lost to rag ace on river, next hand got QQ raised it to half of my stack and another went all in so i called wanting my chips back, yea i lost, then next hand came QQ all in and lost.
  • edited November 2009

good way to look at it appollo....thanks pinkgolf, guess ive been on tilt more than ive known then!!

• edited November 2009

oooh that sucks ace....probably your next move would be to destroy the laptop!! 

good luck next time.

• edited November 2009
    when u got the best hand going to the flop or on the flop u get beat on the turn or the river next hand u push all in with jack  s  h  i  t   get beat cause your sill steming from getting beat on the last hand   thats on tilt
  • edited November 2009
    happens to every player whenu been there u will know what it means
  • edited November 2009
    Apollo's is the best advice.

I think I will take it

Thanks Mate
  • edited November 2009
    being on tilt is not necessarily down to a bad beat. Tilt can be anything that affects your play negatively

Losing Streak
    Bad Beats
    Feeling of being bullied on the table
    Generally having a bad day

basically, your play is affected greatly usually by you becoming a lot more agressive, betting every hand, raising all the time just in general letting off steam

Theres only 1 cure to tilt, time! switch your PC off go do something else :)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: TILT:
    being on tilt is not necessarily down to a bad beat. Tilt can be anything that affects your play negatively Losing Streak Bad Beats Feeling of being bullied on the table Generally having a bad day basically, your play is affected greatly usually by you becoming a lot more agressive, betting every hand, raising all the time just in general letting off steam Theres only 1 cure to tilt, time! switch your PC off go do something else :)
    Posted by Hogg321
    This is really good advice as there are many factors that can put an online player on tilt, the phone ringing, a parcelman, sales people...lol recognise the symptoms of tilt and walk away, make a cuppa and come back when you feel calm again!!
  • edited November 2009

At the Level we play here, Tilt is what seperates good players from bad players, men from boys - good players don't tilt.

Players who tilt up do daft things, say daft things, & look daft.

Don't Tilt!

All manner of things can cause Tilt, but it's usually underlying issues rather than a routine hand or beat, i.e., playing beyond their financial means (by far the most common cause), or inability to take defeat.

Tilt ruins many an othewise excellent player.