You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

couldnt sleep but just put sky breaking news on cant believe whats going on in america

edited December 2012 in The Shed
A guy well an animal

killed 20 children and 8 adults cant believe it how could any 1 do this what is wrong with these people

sorry didnt know where to put this as in shock still my condonences are with there freinds and family

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2012
    the guy is dead
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    and to defend the gun laws they said what was wrong was the school should of had a gun locker, not that you shouldnt be allowed guns full stop.
  • Options
    ckdckd
    edited December 2012

what a world we live in 

why the hell would you take it out on kids 

• Options
    edited December 2012
    The only thing about it that I can't believe is that people are saying "I can't believe it."

This happens so often over there that you just can't be surprised. It was only the other day that a chap walked into a shopping centre in Oregon with a rifle and started shooting. He killed just two other people but only because his weapon jammed.

The truth about Americans is that they're always melodramatic about how appalled they are and how sad it makes them but in the end they don't care enough to do anything about it. Something similar will happen again in the next few weeks and in the meantime more people will have been shot dead, in circumstances deemed less sensational, which we will not hear about.

Firearm related murder rates per 100,000 population*:

United States - 2.98 in the period 2008-10

United Kingdom - 0.03 in the period 2009

So when the gun lobby uses their favourite phrase "Guns don't kill people. People kill people." the only logical conclusion is that these numbers are not related to the number of guns available. Therefore they must be related to the people of our two countries. The only possible conclusion to the gun lobby's arguments is that Americans are 100 times more stupid, crazy or bloodthirsty than Britons.

Unfortunately this will happen again and nobody in authority will do anything because the morons/lunatics/barbarians with the guns also have money.

*figures taken from this wiki article
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    ...but this is a poker forum and perhaps that's what we should stick to discussing.

Apologies. I might have got a bit agitated by this story.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    My thoughts and prayers go to all the families who are suffering at this time.  Some of the laws in America is stupid they are not allowed to have a beer until you they 21 years old yet at the age of 18 they are alowed to walk on the street or into walmart with a handgun as long as its concealed (means everyone can see it).  It just makes no sense what at all.

They talk about the right to bear arms and all that and the land of the free.  I lived in America for a year and have been in a couple of my american friends homes where they have been proud to show me their gun collection.  My friends that showed me this are good people and believe they have the right to this for self defense.

Lets put this argument across then if noone had a gun then noone would need a gun to defend themselves so therefore why not just ban them all together.  The reason they will never change it is because its an old tradition and everyone in America feels they have the right to carry a gun for self defence.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    America; the land of the free? Decide for yourself.

Online poker - illegal

Ownership of a semi-automatic rifle that can only be described as a killing machine - legal
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    APPARENTLY evil doesnt exhist in the world any more, just mental illness and personality disorders.

Sometimes I hate my job.  Just evil by a different civilised name.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    If evil didn't exist our politicians would be unemployed innit
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Very sad. You,d think they,d learn by their mistakes

I blame the goverment and the companys making fortunes off the selling of guns and ammo and trying to justify by hiring celebs such as Charlton Heston  by saying its their right to bear arms. Its in the constition blah de blah - Its all about making money and with so many ppl now owning a gun they,re made to feel like they need them for there own protection

Your always gonna get suicidal kids who are mentally ill slipping through the net and think what they,re doing is for a just cause or to make the headlines. Its just making it a whole lot easier for them having guns in their houses

I know we,ve had a few tragedys like this over the years but most have been commited by adults . This is happening way to much in the US from kids inparticularyly

Condolonces to the families