You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash for points @ NL4

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
Recently started playing poker again after a long break away from online poker. I made some money playing guitar in my friends' jazz band recently so thought I would give poker another go. I played a little over 100 hands this afternoon on two tables and earned 18 C4P. In the past I'd be getting around 400 per month from 11K hands according to my notes when I was grinding NL4 back in the summer.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Comments

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Cash for points @ NL4:
    Recently started playing poker again after a long break away from online poker. I made some money playing guitar in my friends' jazz band recently so thought I would give poker another go. I played a little over 100 hands this afternoon on two tables and earned 18 C4P. In the past I'd be getting around 400 per month from 11K hands according to my notes when I was grinding NL4 back in the summer. Can anyone enlighten me?
    Posted by jugglegeek
    hey m8 c4p has changed now its a weighted contribution which means at all cash levels you get 6pts per £1 raked.

but if I were you I would not worry about c4p just focus on crushing it at your tables gl.
  • edited December 2012
    The best way to play at 4NL is tight so I'm guessing that's what you're doing cos from your posts that I've seen you aint stupid.

C4P is now contribution based, so rather than getting X points per 20 hands, you now get 6 poker points for extra £1 of rake that you pay. So basically, if you aint playing hands, you won't get poker points. it is much fairer so the loose aggro people who pay more rake do get more C4P than the nits who pay much less rake.
  • edited December 2012
    Are you complaining that you get way more than you did? Not sure what your trying to get at.

If you did 10k hands at that rate you'd get 1800.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash for points @ NL4:
    [QUOTE]The best way to play at 4NL is tight so I'm guessing that's what you're doing cos from your posts that I've seen you aint stupid. C4P is now contribution based, so rather than getting X points per 20 hands, you now get 6 poker points for extra £1 of rake that you pay. So basically, if you aint playing hands, you won't get poker points. it is much fairer so the loose aggro people who pay more rake do get more C4P than the nits who pay much less rake.
    Posted by Lambert180

IN YOUR OPINION
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash for points @ NL4:
    Are you complaining that you get way more than you did?
    No. I'm asking why I earned so many more points this afternoon than I did when I last played on the site. Thought that was pretty clear in the op tbh