You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

10NL - 240xBB deep TPTK

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I think my line is pretty straight forward (although feel free to tell me otherwise) but I'm posting more about my bet sizing. Not used to playing 240xBB deep so just.

Villian is loose and ridic passive. Limp/calls with any junk over and over, happy to call down at least a street or two with 2nd/3rd pr. Should I make my C-bet bigger given how deep we are? Not really sure why I went that small tbh :s

Turn sizing ok?

River standard jam, right? Or should I go smaller for value to ensure a call (as much as you can ensure anything)
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
IvaBiggun Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £8.27
stokefc Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.62
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

mickiluv Fold        
bishopa23 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £12.55
XXX Raise   £0.40 £0.65 £31.35
Lambert180 Raise   £1.40 £2.05 £22.59
IvaBiggun Fold        
stokefc Fold        
bishopa23 Fold        
XXX Call   £1.00 £3.05 £30.35
Flop

• Q

XXX Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £1.65 £4.70 £20.94
XXX Call   £1.65 £6.35 £28.70
Turn

XXX Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £4.10 £10.45 £16.84
XXX Call   £4.10 £14.55 £24.60
River

XXX Check        
Lambert180 All-in   £16.84 £31.39 £0.00

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Vbet a normal amount here imo. Prob about £9

Would also of bet bigger flop/turn against villain as described.
  • edited December 2012
    Bet at least £2 on flop. How you describe the villian he could have a pretty wide range. So we have to value bet vs that range. Assuming he x/c any pair and any draw on the flop and turn; x/c on the river with pairs and x/f on the river with busted draws. You get the majority of your value on the flop and turn. Even the biggest fish are unlikely to have a 2x or 3x hand in a 3-bet pot (A2,A3,K2s, K3s maybe) 

so the range of hands that you beat which will call a flop bet are 44-JJ,Qx,and any two hearts. Bet £2 - £2.50 on the flop, £6-£7 on the turn leaving you a slightly smaller than half-pot bet on the river to shove. But be prepare to fold to a check-raise on the flop or the turn.

You should plan this from the instant you see the flop. Know how much you have to bet on the flop to leave yourself a half-pot bet come the river in every hand
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: 10NL - 240xBB deep TPTK:
    Bet at least £2 on flop. How you describe the villian he could have a pretty wide range. So we have to value bet vs that range. Assuming he x/c any pair and any draw on the flop and turn; x/c on the river with pairs and x/f on the river with busted draws. You get the majority of your value on the flop and turn. Even the biggest fish are unlikely to have a 2x or 3x hand in a 3-bet pot (A2,A3,K2s, K3s maybe)  so the range of hands that you beat which will call a flop bet are 44-JJ,Qx,and any two hearts. Bet £2 - £2.50 on the flop, £6-£7 on the turn leaving you a slightly smaller than half-pot bet on the river to shove. But be prepare to fold to a check-raise on the flop or the turn. You should plan this from the instant you see the flop. Know how much you have to bet on the flop to leave yourself a half-pot bet come the river in every hand
    Posted by jugglegeek
    I thought it was normal to try to manipulate the pot so we had a PSB left for the river?  Obv if we're strong and can make the pot bigger great, but I always thought we aimed to get to a PSB. Obv I didn't do that here lol, wasn't thinking far enough ahead and made the flop too small which messed everything else up.
  • edited December 2012
    obv jam riv with that pot size.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: 10NL - 240xBB deep TPTK : I thought it was normal to try to manipulate the pot so we had a PSB left for the river?  Obv if we're strong and can make the pot bigger great, but I always thought we aimed to get to a PSB. Obv I didn't do that here lol, wasn't thinking far enough ahead and made the flop too small which messed everything else up.
    Posted by Lambert180

the idea is that you manage your stack when deeper so you don't get to the river with the nuts and 8x pot. (once you get really deep like in live games you have to forget this concept).

jamming here 16 into 14 is fine and essentially a psb.
  • edited December 2012
    u should  thinking about ya bet sizing to jam on the river the jam on tthe river is far to big

your bet sizing should be a tad bigger on each street so your jam on river looks fine

£2.20 flop

£5.50 turn

£14 river for example if your planning to play forstacks
  • edited December 2012
    against this player who u say is a bit of a station the jam is  probably always getting clled by a worse quuen so gettin max value. depending on opponent sometimes i my bet really small on river ; about £4/5 and try to induce jam frm missed FD
  • edited December 2012
    versus the villian you have described just bet a little more on flop/turn and yeah defo shove river
  • edited December 2012
    "Villian(sic) is loose and ridic(ulously) passive"

So what do we make of his range for raising pre-flop? Against that range, what's the logic for the 3-bet? I also think the 3-bet is a tad small but it's not really worth worrying about.

I don't mind the flop bet size since I assume you'd want that to be the size of your bluff with AK, etc. You only need to bet a little more on the turn to set it up for an almost perfect pot-size river bet. Though, again, I wouldn't get too hung up on that.

I wouldn't like sizing your bets to leave you a half-pot bet on the river. It's going to make bluffing really difficult and expensive if you always bet huge on every street with your value hands and leave yourself such a small amount back on the river.
  • edited December 2012
    bit bigger on flop & turn - shove river a/p

Intresting how oppo you say is passive but is raising pre flop
    Bit of a differance if oppo is raising all junk/marginals or not - should give you and indiction of pre flop range
    Probably raise pre a little bigger too versus this oppo, is it plauasible that passive oppo rolls over KK/22
  • edited December 2012
    Bet at least £2 on flop. How you describe the villian he could have a pretty wide range. So we have to value bet vs that range. Assuming he x/c any pair and any draw on the flop and turn; x/c on the river with pairs and x/f on the river with busted draws. You get the majority of your value on the flop and turn. Even the biggest fish are unlikely to have a 2x or 3x hand in a 3-bet pot (A2,A3,K2s, K3s maybe)  so the range of hands that you beat which will call a flop bet are 44-JJ,Qx,and any two hearts. Bet £2 - £2.50 on the flop, £6-£7 on the turn leaving you a slightly smaller than half-pot bet on the river to shove. But be prepare to fold to a check-raise on the flop or the turn. You should plan this from the instant you see the flop. Know how much you have to bet on the flop to leave yourself a half-pot bet come the river in every hand
    Posted by jugglegeek
    10nl and lower limits this is fine higher up this wont work
  • edited December 2012
    By the way, if you haven't all guessed, the end result was just that he folded.