You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky dishing the coolers out to me as normal..

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
So tired of this , been going on for months now...

Should be losing stack here, but becoming accustomed to it day after day

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceigor1966Small blind £0.10£0.10£39.23simonnaturBig blind £0.20£0.30£38.32 Your hole cardsKK   j0hns0nsFold    KKripplerFold    KevwinsomeRaise £0.60£0.90£46.09igor1966Fold    simonnaturRaise £1.60£2.50£36.72KevwinsomeCall £1.20£3.70£44.89Flop  AAK   simonnaturBet £2.00£5.70£34.72KevwinsomeCall £2.00£7.70£42.89Turn  2   simonnaturBet £4.00£11.70£30.72KevwinsomeCall £4.00£15.70£38.89River  3   simonnaturCheck    KevwinsomeBet £4.40£20.10£34.49simonnaturCall £4.40£24.50£26.32KevwinsomeShowAK   simonnaturMuckKK   KevwinsomeWinFull House, Aces and Kings£23.27 £57.76

Comments

• edited December 2012
    omg how passive u wanna play it u should be going broke here played it pretty bad not to go broke here u should love to get all ya money in and be happy about it
  • edited December 2012
    Raise the river.

Unlucky
  • edited December 2012
    sik cooler but wy on earh u nt raising river , realisticly u are only losing to ak! he is 4 bettin aa pre probs
  • edited December 2012
    Big leak here to not go broke.
  • edited December 2012
    the bets on each street far to small imo

the river im never checking here but once u did its got to be a check raise i be raising big hop he has a flush or a random ace
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky dishing the coolers out to me as normal..:
    the bets on each street far to small imo the river im never checking here but once u did its got to be a check raise i be raising big hop he has a flush or a random ace
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

good luck to you, and you would have lost your roll many times over if you'ld been running anything like me for last few months
  • edited December 2012
    and i thought i was a nit this brings nit to a whole new level
  • edited December 2012
    and i thought i was a nit this brings nit to a whole new level
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    You are a nit lol :p
  • edited December 2012

Welcome to 20/30nl on Sky :) 

• edited December 2012
    a nit who makes money rather make money then be a lag n lose

im 100 percent losing a buy in here 99 per cent would
  • edited December 2012
    It's not only coolers your going to get owned by after posting this but any reasonable player who has seen this will exploit the foooook out of you in the future. Unless it's all just a level......
  • edited December 2012
    Not surpised you've been doing ya pennies in, river is a clear check fold
  • edited December 2012
    fold river not why you not go broke here?

lol at crazyben post
  • edited December 2012
  • edited December 2012
    chin up Sim it will turn, always does.....u gotta go broke here....
  • edited December 2012
    Ya be careful you will be exploited by sets in the future
  • edited December 2012
    I don't think you should be going broke here he's playing you very passive play but when he calling you on that flop he's most of the time got a big ace aq/ak maybe a check raise on the turn to get a bit more info if he comes back over the top you then you know where you stand if he calls you take same line of checking river when he bets into you gotta be thinking your beat I would tank but prob fold! Just my thoughts 

• edited December 2012
    I don't think you should be going broke here he's playing you very passive play but when he calling you on that flop he's most of the time got a big ace aq/ak maybe a check raise on the turn to get a bit more info if he comes back over the top you then you know where you stand if he calls you take same line of checking river when he bets into you gotta be thinking your beat I would tank but prob fold! Just my thoughts 
    Posted by mezzzzza
    If you c/r turn it has to be to get it in

Op, bet bigger everywhere

I don't think river is anywhere near as simple  as most of you unless villain is pretty fishy. Put yourselves in villains shoes. How strong does Ax look here on a 4 flush board if we c/r river. Even a flush? 

The important questions are, what's ops perceived 3b range, and villains 3bet calling range? Is op ever double or triple barreling this board with air (unlikely imo) ? Does villain understand relative hand strength?
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky dishing the coolers out to me as normal.. : If you c/r turn it has to be to get it in Op, bet bigger everywhere I don't think river is anywhere near as simple  as most of you unless villain is pretty fishy. Put yourselves in villains shoes. How strong does Ax look here on a 4 flush board if we c/r river. Even a flush?  The important questions are, what's ops perceived 3b range, and villains 3bet calling range? Is op ever double or triple barreling this board with air (unlikely imo) ? Does villain understand relative hand strength?
    Posted by grantorino
    Do you not think stacks are just a little to big to be getting it all in on the turn can gain good info with a c/r here I'm thinking yes vill could be drawing to flush but is he going to continue much further with the board paired prem cards if he is drawing and facing bets from original raiser I'm not sure?! I should hope noone double or triple barrels with air here lol hmmmmm quite a tricky hand really I like! 
  • edited December 2012
  • edited December 2012
    Standard poker
  • edited December 2012
    probably get shot down again for my post (not unusual...lol),but here goes...

nothing wrong with the preflop re-raise...I would have bet min of 75% of the pot on the flop and a call 0r a raise would have rang warning bells and probably either shoved or tried to check it down to the river... either way, I think you done well not to lose your stack,,,,loads would have got their stack in and lost and thats the norm for a cooler... your caution paid off and minimized your losses...well done!!!
  • edited December 2012
    I think you done well not to lose your stack,,,,loads would have got their stack in and lost and thats the norm for a cooler... your caution paid off and minimized your losses...well done!!!
    Posted by larry1959
    Not losing your stack here is a big leak you are being results orientated
  • edited December 2012
    Not losing your stack here is a big leak you are being results orientated

+1
  • edited December 2012
    probably get shot down again for my post (not unusual...lol),but here goes... nothing wrong with the preflop re-raise...I would have bet min of 75% of the pot on the flop and a call 0r a raise would have rang warning bells and probably either shoved or tried to check it down to the river... either way, I think you done well not to lose your stack,,,,loads would have got their stack in and lost and thats the norm for a cooler... your caution paid off and minimized your losses...well done!!!
    Posted by larry1959

As others have siad getting your stacks in here (and in this instant losing your stack) is a good thing! 

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky dishing the coolers out to me as normal.. : If you c/r turn it has to be to get it in Op, bet bigger everywhere I don't think river is anywhere near as simple  as most of you unless villain is pretty fishy. Put yourselves in villains shoes. How strong does Ax look here on a 4 flush board if we c/r river. Even a flush?  The important questions are, what's ops perceived 3b range, and villains 3bet calling range? Is op ever double or triple barreling this board with air (unlikely imo) ? Does villain understand relative hand strength?
    Posted by grantorino
    Agree with this. Just simply looking at our hand strength and getting it all in is a mistake. If hero is 3betting  a tight range and villain is a good thinking player, then villain is prob not calling 2 streets with anything worse than say AJ/AQ, and won't be chasing a flush draw on a paired board. 

So when we get to the river, if we then check raise him the only thing he can really be calling us with our hands that we're beat by (AK, AA) - that said, the mistake was checking the river. Would rather bet the river to get value from the few weaker hands he has and then fold to a raise if he does have AK.

Villain played the hand worse because he allowed hero to get away cheaply from his strong hand because of how he played his hand.