You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is it worth following hugh tayor atr tipster

edited December 2012 in Betting Chat
 hugh taylor who is the atr tipster profits just about every month so im thinking of following him and having £20 a day on his daily tip. it says on all his monthly records, hugh made +15 points or hugh made +22 points etc, can someone explain this point system??

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Im shi te at explaining things but most gamblers/tipsters work on points, a point is like a buy in if you like, for me a point is worth £20, for others it may be only 50p.

When he puts a selcetion up he shall put how many points to have on it, today was jeer 1pt win, so would have been £20 for me, other days it could be 2pts win £40 3ptsEW £40 etc etc.

The more points he puts on obviously the more he fancies it,

If you was to do £20 everyday and not follow his points you could well find yourself down at the end of each month, as his stronger fancies 3 and 4pt wins which are more likely to come in and ut him in profit.

Reading this back confuses me hope you get what im saying if not im sure someone else will explain it better.
  • edited December 2012
    No thats fine shuv.

I find best to work on a £1= a point.

So if he says have 4 points on a horse have £4 on it (or if that to small a stake multiply by 10 ie £40)

The main point is to not only follow his tips but his staking plan as well. That is the only way you will make the same profits/losses he claims.

Father V
  • edited December 2012
    This may explain it better taken from yahoo answers

In this context, a point is a unit of betting stake - it's useful because it defines the percentage return, rather than just a figure which depends on your starting stake.

If you start with a 100 point bank, then the money value depends on how much you are starting with - if you start wit £100, you are betting £1 a point. If you start with £1000, you are betting £10 a point.

A tipster might advise 3 points on horse A - so in the first case you'd bet £3, in the second £30.

He can also tell you returns in terms of points - you then can work out how much you have won!
  • edited December 2012
    so do you think it would be worth me folliwing his tips, say opening up a new account and depositing say £600 into the account and having £20.00 on his daily tip every day for the month. if u check his record on at the races website hes pretty sh1 t hot, what sort of profit would u think i would turn over.
  • edited December 2012

It's hard to say how much you would turn over, he could suddenly have 3 losing months.

You said he has a monthly record so, if you totalled his profits + losses and divided them by how many months he's been tipping, it will give you an average. (i think? lol)

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: is it worth following hugh tayor atr tipster:
    so do you think it would be worth me folliwing his tips, say opening up a new account and depositing say £600 into the account and having £20.00 on his daily tip every day for the month. if u check his record on at the races website hes pretty sh1 t hot, what sort of profit would u think i would turn over.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Mate, if it were that simple everyone would be backing his tips & the bookies would be skint.

Alot of the prices he quotes, are well gone when you go to put your bet on (obviously has alot of followers, same as pricewise in the RP). If your having £20 a point you will need a much bigger bank than £600, you could easily lose that in the 1st week.

GL
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: is it worth following hugh tayor atr tipster : Mate, if it were that simple everyone would be backing his tips & the bookies would be skint. Alot of the prices he quotes, are well gone when you go to put your bet on (obviously has alot of followers, same as pricewise in the RP). If your having £20 a point you will need a much bigger bank than £600, you could easily lose that in the 1st week. GL
    Posted by goodylad21
    +1 The prices go very quickly and you can probably take 10/20% off the price advised. if you look on the atr website his figures over the past are all there.
    IDONKCALLU has started a few posts hailing hugh as the new messiah most of his good results are on mid priced ew winners.
    and imo anyone can do this and with a bit of luck break even which isnt far off what he does
    I only really have a bet on days off work and usually this time of year scale my stakes down and pretty much give up reading form as the standard of race and horse at monday to friday meetings is poor and chances of skullduggery is higher.
    All i do is go down from the 3rd priced horse and find a decent jockey/trainers combo

today so far ive had 3 winners

ICELANDER at 14/1
    lord of house at 13/2
    KATYS SPIRIT 16/1 

and I placed
    the musical guy at 11/1

which in my opinion is pretty much what hugh taylor does. 
  • edited December 2012
    Well done on your winners today Badboy.

Its much more fun finding your own horses than following tipsters
  • edited December 2012

anouther winner using this theory boomtown at 13/2
     well done shuv who had this one as well i expect he spent more time finding it lol 

• edited December 2012
    Well done on your winners today Badboy. Its much more fun finding your own horses than following tipsters
    Posted by vaigret
    thanks father. 100% agree theres no better feeling picking one out that all the experts and proffesional tipsters have written off.
  • edited December 2012
    there is nothing better i remember anzum at cheltenham i was in boozer bit skint had pound each way 40 to 1 happy days also had the last winner at 10s oh happy days