You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Despite winning this i think it was a bad call, am i right?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
george1954Small blind 10.0010.001900.00
loolololloBig blind 20.0030.001950.00
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

alexnufc19Raise 100.00130.001215.00
rustyy123Fold    
docden22Fold    
george1954Fold    
loolololloCall 80.00210.001870.00
Flop

• J

loolololloCheck    
alexnufc19All-in 1215.001425.000.00
loolololloCall 1215.002640.00655.00
loolololloShow
  • Q
  • Q

alexnufc19Show

Turn

River

loolololloWinStraight to the Queen2640.00 3295.00

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Nope, as played it's a very easy/correct call.
  • edited December 2012
  • edited December 2012

yeah it's fine, but any reads / reasons for not 3betting pre?
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Despite winning this i think it was a bad call, am i right?:
    yeah it's fine, but any reads / reasons for not 3betting pre?
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Yeah he was playing pretty tight so with this raise i thought he had a massive hand thats why the all in on the flop put me right off
  • edited December 2012
    Hi L

Personally, as you have 70:30 equity versus his range(18%) of a raise from HJ early then you should 3 bet him /> His stack is below average and he may be more tempted to 4 bet ai light so you can call him pre. I agree with you his bet did suggest a big hand but really the ai can just mean more likely to be polarised.
    The flop makes you a big favourite 73%. Your pot odds give you something like a break even equity of 46% to acheive. You have that so now need a reason NOT to call. Without reads and no inner instinct warning you off, its a call. After all, they are your chips.
    So call away mate.
  • edited December 2012
    :S Why is this ever a bad call? First off - your read on his play. Correct me if Im wrong but this is level 1 of the tournament according to the blinds, so it'll be tough for you to gauge any info on his style of play. This 2nd part is assumption, but it would appear that our villain has already lost 40% of his stack so I'd be struggling by this point to put him on being tight. Based on the above two bits of info in isolation, I would have assumed he was loose and poss aggressive so Id definitely 3bet him pre. And against a player with that profile I am NEVER folding that flop. Id have to have a monumental read based on play over a decent length of time before Im ever folding QQ on a J high flop.
    Next question I guess is what sort of hand that is beating you shoves this flop? JJ? 88? 66? AA? KK? I guess you get those players who brick it when they see a flush draw down but even then?