You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tough spot @ 200NL

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancexxxxSmall blind £1.00£1.00£319.65style2737Big blind £2.00£3.00£541.51 Your hole cardsA6   smarrRaise £6.00£9.00£373.30launderFold    BOMBDOGFold    xxxCall £5.00£14.00£314.65style2737Call £4.00£18.00£537.51Flop  67A   xxxCheck    style2737Check    smarrBet £9.00£27.00£364.30xxxRaise £28.00£55.00£286.65style2737Fold    smarrCall £19.00£74.00£345.30Turn  8   xxxBet £54.00£128.00£232.65smarrCall £54.00£182.00£291.30River  2   xxxAll-in £232.65£414.65£0.00
Villain has been quite tight up until now, although he has made a similar play 3 hands earlier but didnt see showdown on it. Thoughts on this??

Comments

• edited December 2012
    You dont really beat much by the river, hes not usually doing this on the flop with just a naked Ace dont think. Could be some kind of crazy bluff hoping to fold out one pair hands.
  • edited December 2012
    pretty easy fold w/ notes imo

bet bigger otf 
  • edited December 2012
    Being over critical probs but wouldn't open A6 UTG verus these players
  • edited December 2012
    smarrr waht u doing playing 200 nl if ya rolled for the level u make easier decisions like this if im rolled id call but playing scared money id fold 

it doesnt look like a bluff tbh m8 looks like a set 7s or even a 7
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Tough spot @ 200NL:
    Being over critical probs but wouldn't open A6 UTG verus these players
    Posted by rancid
    And nothing on the decision lol?
  • edited December 2012
    smarrr waht u doing playing 200 nl if ya rolled for the level u make easier decisions like this if im rolled id call but playing scared money id fold  it doesnt look like a bluff tbh m8 looks like a set 7s or even a 7
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    This comment is why i was reluctant to post this here, pretend it is someone else and not me. I am not playing scared money as i started with £60 and am now on £340, even if i lose this i still have a profit...
  • edited December 2012
    think the turn might actually be a fold fwiw
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Tough spot @ 200NL : And nothing on the decision lol?
    Posted by smarr

You were either behind on the flop or you are now, cause everything got there

Your only beating a bluff

My previous comment regarding opening UTG is because you going to be put in really difficult spots verus these players, either you pay them off with worse or they make you fold better

hope you called and won ) But I prefer a fold pre or fold turn and deffo fold river -
  • edited December 2012
    think the turn might actually be a fold fwiw
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

Don't like folding turn. Might aswell fold flop if were going to fold on fairly blank turn. When we call flop we know it's very likely that were going to face a bet on the turn so why call if we think were behind on the flop?

• edited December 2012

only value hand raising you on the flop that you beat is 67, and that is never over jamming the river

flush draw gets there on the river so you're only beating a complete bluff or an unlikely busted straight draw, so river looks a pretty easy fold
  • edited December 2012
    I am officially quite tight. YAY

I saw your PM smarr was gonna respond but then saw this, will wait and let people post/discuss/suggest more and then i'll maybe post one of my cards if not two :)
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Tough spot @ 200NL : Don't like folding turn. Might aswell fold flop if were going to fold on fairly blank turn. When we call flop we know it's very likely that were going to face a bet on the turn so why call if we think were behind on the flop?
    Posted by Curt360x27
    this turn card is not a blank at all imo

it is Axx ss board so i think villain raising KQss on here is bad because our equity vs top pair is alot worse than if the board was Txx ss

in terms of draws raising this flop i think they are all probably some kind combo draw like gutter+fd pair+fd
  • edited December 2012
    so was against beaneh

wouldnt suprise me if beaneh picked up on the fact u norm play lower stakes so put ultimate pressure on u with an air ball knowing if u lose its a fair old chunk altho u only started with £60 no 1 likes to lose m8

for me its a set of 7s but now knowing its beaneh i reckon its a bluff just putting u to the test and if im right

beaneh would u do this against the regs on this table :p
  • edited December 2012
    so was against beaneh wouldnt suprise me if beaneh picked up on the fact u norm play lower stakes so put ultimate pressure on u with an air ball knowing if u lose its a fair old chunk altho u only started with £60 no 1 likes to lose m8 for me its a set of 7s but now knowing its beaneh i reckon its a bluff just putting u to the test and if im right beaneh would u do this against the regs on this table :p
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

I just play top set, some times I play bare aces all in pre.
  • edited December 2012
    set v big pair against  me if i remember correctly :p

i said to a guy i won of beaneh he said really u must of had a set then i said yeah he said thats the only way u could of stacked beaneh lol
  • edited December 2012
    set v big pair against  me if i remember correctly :p i said to a guy i won of beaneh he said really u must of had a set then i said yeah he said thats the only way u could of stacked beaneh lol
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

:------------)

I remember, I should have folded the river lol, it was 4am though, in the dead of night fun things happen
  • edited December 2012
    he's never doing this with total air ball otf
    it's def poss he's raising all draws otf and just firing 3 barrels to put pressure on you
    sets/missed draws/better 2p all in his range - could even be vbetting worse 2p - some sort of combodraw that improved ott

but I do think enough of his range beats you so it's still a fold imo
  • edited December 2012

ok well i did fold the hand, as beaneh knows lol. Come on then beaneh put me out of my misery.

• edited December 2012
    45 spades got better and better