You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

10 pounds into 1000 pounds dym sit n go's

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
hey guys new to the site but not new to poker im going to try and turn my 10 pound deposit into 1000 pounds in 12 months playing my speacialty dym sit n go's i will be starting off at the 3.30 level i will be keeping a diary to keep you upto date with my progress.

feedback and opinions will be greatly appreciated  

thanks seemebluff x

Comments

• edited December 2012
    good luck.

a similar diary has not long been completed where devonfish5 went from £40-£1040 just playing dym. he started with £1 dym and never went higher than the £5 limit. it was mainly done at the £3 level tho and i think it took him around 5 months to complete.

its will be tough at the start if your only gonna have 3 buyins to start so wishing you some run good
  • edited December 2012
    good luck with this, altho as tintin says its going to be tough with only 3 buy ins
  • edited December 2012
    doog luck think u should start at £1.10 level tho 3 buy ins gonna be very hard try at the lower end n work ya way up
  • edited December 2012
    Start at .50 or 1.10 if you only have £10, even if your experienced with DYM's you can bust in 3 bad beats.
  • edited December 2012
    hi mate,
    good luck with your challenge.
    i'll follow it with interest.
    i'd recommend starting at £1 or £2.
    then when you get to £20-£30 play £3.
    best wishes
    :)
    dev

ps;how many tables are you planning on playing?
  • edited December 2012
    goodluck :P already played you at cash :D
  • edited December 2012
    me again,
    got me thinking just how long this might take playing just 1 table,so...

as a rough guide,going by my recent similar challenge;

playing 10+ tables playing 6 days a week playing 3 hours a day and inc c4p winnings, will take approx 5/6 months.
    so,playing 1 table and not earning much/if any c4p playing the same would take about 5 years...minimum.

lol

:)
    dev

ps;not trying to put you off or anything...
    "just saying"  lol  x

ps;thinking about it again,if i was to 'do it again'...which i'm not, btw,and stuck to just playing £3 games and not playing,and losing at the £5's & £11's,as i did,then i think it's possible to do inside 3 months playing 10+ tables,
    so maybe that 5 year estimation,playing 1 table, could be bought down to about a year or 18 months or so i think.
  • edited December 2012
    If your going to multi-account at least remember your name - seemebluff/seemybluff
  • edited December 2012

Good Luck with your DYM,s... you'll find all sorts there... from fish, luckers (the ones that call you with nothing and river you)..and some good players, tight and will use opportunities to trap you. I agree with previous posts..lower your lvl to £1.. once you get to £20.. play the £2...£30 play £3.. always have at least 10 buy ins..if you have a bad day and lose 3 on the trot ( like I have today, with prime hands being busted KK AA...trips being rivered etc), then walk away, clear your head and try again later. If the run of the cards are still poor.. pack up for the day and try again the next day and drop to a previous lvl, build up to the equivalent of 10 buy-ins for the next lvl. It's all to easy to go chasing when you hit tilt,(this is probably like teaching granny to suck eggs) you make more mistakes and your range becomes wider, which will leech chips unneccessarily...
    Anyway... good luck with your goals.. and do a daily post to let us all know where you are,,, bad beats... best takedowns etc etc...