You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Don't try this at home.

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
2012.  The year I chose to not spend 1 penny on gambling.  12 days ( and counting ) to go.  No reason why I did it, just a challenge I set myself.  Looking forward to getting back on the tables, it's been hell just watching or dealing at home games. Merry Christmas everyone, and good luck for the New Year. 

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Great will power mate.

GL in 2013
  • edited December 2012
    WP.

break it and play tonight imo. #notaddicted #gamblingisfun #freerollinglife #freerollingchristmas #hashtag
  • edited December 2012
    Hi MK

Why would you stop yourself doing something you enjoyed for a pre-determined period of time? Is this some weird  extend version of Lent?

We make choices in life and if we don't then we live by default. why did you decide on this rather odd 'challenge'. Life is about balance. Why not just reintorduce it but do other hobbies and experience  more. Sorry MK, i just don't get it as you're dealing in poker home games too. What were you trying to prove, to who and why? Life is for living mate. Poker isn't the centre of the universe but it isn't the root of all evil either. It can be a cerebral game which can give you a lot of pleasure from seeing a greater understanding in the theory surrounding it.

However, if you were losing too much at it then i admire your determination to 'put things right' and show poker that you are it's master and not the other way around. Say hello on the tables in 2013 eh? Happy xmas mate.