You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday night live with Champion and Citrone win free entry to Santa's Grotto! *****official show t

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat

Hullo you!

Last show of the year for me so I’m after your biggest brag of 2012 please!  Whether you’ve taken down a big tournament or knocked Orfe out of an SPT what have been the major highlights of 2012 for you? on the tables and off... I missed the sports personality of the year awards at the weekend but it’s been a phenomenal year for sport, what have been the top three sporting moments for you?   

Also and for free entry into the fantastic Santa’s Grotto Freeroll we’re after your top poker tunes and I don’t just mean ‘The Winner takes it all’ or ‘The Ace of Spades’ no no I mean take a song and really shoe horn a poker reference in there, twitter trend style if you’re familiar with that!? so for example...

Roberta Flack: ‘The first time ever I saw your ACE’

A-ha ‘RAKE on me’ 

Okay that one was bad... but you get me!? *I’ve been sat here trying to shoe horn ‘hose me down’ in somewhere with Carlo on the show so over to you on that one! do your worst and the best of the worst will win free entry into Santas grotto, we’ve got four seats to give away!*

We’ll have live coverage of the £600 timed tournament from 7, your hands analysed on the poker clinic at 8, live coverage of the UKOPS 1 Super Sat from 9, Top of the Pots at 10 and highlights from 11 including coverage of our main event the 15K bounty hunter

See you from 7!

Sarah xx

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Biggest brag of the year must be getting interveiwed by you at the 6max and getting congratulated by my ex when she saw it for not letting my eyes wander!

Oh I also won a couple of main events too but I don't like to mention them ever. Well, hardly ever. 

As for the songs. Slowroll boat to Cairo from Madness
    I'm loving aces instead Robbie Williams
    Won't get bluffed again by the who 
    You need hands by Max Bygraves

Have a great show and run well all

Ps could you please mention the forum games starting at 8.30 and 8.45. They were great fun on Tuesday and come highly recommended
  • edited December 2012
    Looking forward to the show

Brag/caption (still cant post pics)

Once I flopped a Royal Flush in St. Davids City
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/273678585982569/permalink/576943038989454/#!/photo.php?fbid=10151357320661031&set=a.10151357319146031.529253.602636030&type=3&theater

The Streets - Lets push things forward -                "Lets push it all in"

The Streets - Dry Your Eyes                -                "Dry your eyes m8 - its only a runner runner bad bt"

The Streets - Blinded by the lights                      " Blinded by The lights off Rich,s 
                                                                            forehead and Carlos skin"

The Streets - Everthything is borrowed  -                "But has now been paid back eventually"

The Streets - A grand don,t come for free  -           " It takes a lot of grinding"

The Streets - Ft Mc-cmone - Get out of my house     "Please don,t have the house"

The Streets -  Stay Positive                                    Stay positive esp. down the streets

With other songs by the Streets such as "On the flip off a coin", "What was he thinking ", "Who dares wins", "Not addicted", "It was supposed to be so easy", "When you wasn,t famous"  and "Such a Tw at"  i could go on , but i,ve already given Orford some stick tonight so will leave it there for now :)

Have a gr8 show guys and Merry Christmas

Ps - You may have to re-phrase that last line
  • edited December 2012
    Full houses of the (Jake) Cody by Led Zepplin
    Set of threes (let it be) some Liverpudlian band
    Fold! By spandau ballet. 

I'll get my coat
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday night live with Champion and Citrone win free entry to Santa's Grotto! *****official show thread*****:
    Biggest brag of the year must be getting interveiwed by you at the 6max and getting congratulated by my ex when she saw it for not letting my eyes wander! Oh I also won a couple of main events too but I don't like to mention them ever. Well, hardly ever.  As for the songs. Slowroll boat to Cairo from Madness I'm loving aces instead Robbie Williams Won't get bluffed again by the who  You need hands by Max Bygraves Have a great show and run well all Ps could you please mention the forum games starting at 8.30 and 8.45. They were great fun on Tuesday and come highly recommended
    Posted by cenachav
    Hi Cenachav.....you say it was your EX wife congratulated you on NOT letting your eyes wander.  . Well if she wasn't and you had, then she would be me now!!!!!!!! Equity 80:20 for a top pair, i believe, yes? HAHA..
  • edited December 2012
    Rhianna  - S.O.S  .... (SET OVER SET)
  • edited December 2012
    Poker songs:

Take me to the river - Taking (Talking) Heads - (Bounty Hunter song.)
    Call me - Blondie
    Limping on the Moon - The Police
    All-in or Nothing - Small Faces
    Chasing Cards - Snow Patrol
    Love it when you Call - The Feeling
    Raise like you mean it - The Killers
    Should i call or should i fold - The Clash

Have a great show,
    Mick
  • edited December 2012

Frank Sinatra - Phil Ivey to the Moon.

• edited December 2012

Biggest Brag - (Off Table) Became a sales negotiator in my local estate agency 2 and a half months ago after working for them for over a year and a half and managed to take down the prize of Most Sales / Lettings Business in that time period at the company trip to Calais. (Was against Over 30 Negotiators)
    Biggest Brag - (On Table) Played my 1st Mini Primo (I think if not second) The other day and managed to get 14th or 15th out of a 370 Man/Lady field.

Songs
    This one is slightly rude so I dont expect you to broadcast
    Kevin Bloody Wilson (Ho Ho Fuc*ing Ho)
    "Fold, Fold, Effing Fold, These hands are Effing S  it, Cant believe my Luck today, I think ill have to quit"
    Original goes like this..                                              ^h^
    "Ho Ho Fing Ho*, What a crock of S  it, We all work for Santa Clause, We've had enough, we quit"
                                                                   ^h^
    (After doing this I realised It wasn't what I was supposed to do but I still think you might like it)

Or The Non-rude Ones
          MY VERSION                                                                                   ORIGINAL
    "Aces And Queens"                                                     "Police and Thieves"
    "I got Two Bullets with your name on it"               "I got a Bullet with your name on it"
    "Aces?, Who has got the Aces?!"                             "Alice?, Who the Frick Is Alice?!"
    "Saving all my Chips, For You"                                  "Saving all my love, for you"
    "I will Call the Post-Flop Bet"                                    " I will walk 500 Miles"
    (The Song would go. "I will call the Post-Flop Bet, And I would Call the Turn Bet To, To see Weather or not, you are bluffing or have hit the Trip 2'S, La la la...) Lol
    "You Raise my Call"                                                       "You Raise Me Up"
    "Should I Call or Should I Fold"                                   "Should I Stay or Should I go"
    "Shut Up and Deal"                                                          "Shut Up and Drive
    "Poker Face"                                                                     "Poker Face" (Easy One :P)
    "I need a Diamond"                                                         "I need a Dollar"
    "Big Pairs Dont Hold"                                                       "Big girls dont cry"
    "I love the way you fish"                                                 "I love the way you lie"
    "I can Trap-call Ya'"                                                          "I can Transform Ya"

CHRISTMAS ONESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    "All I want for Christmas is a Free-roll"                     "All I want for Christmas is You"
                                                                              HINT HINT

Probably come up with more by tomorrow :D

Damien

• edited December 2012
    Ha ha! Some of these are great! Spandau Ballet 'fold' made me laugh out loud *I'm easily pleased*

Keep em coming! 

Sx
  • edited December 2012

So many great sporting moments to pick from but these 3 were special :

Kath Grainger finally getting her Gold.

Jess Ennis storming down the finishing straight in the 800 m, determined to win in style. In fact the whole of that super saturday.

Wiggo taking the Tour de France  (MODS RULE)
  • edited December 2012
    My biggest brag

Well i had my last £50 on me if i lost this then id have to get a job before xmas so decided to put £50 on sky poker at the begining of october and woooow what a 2months it has been i never play big mtts unless i sattelite in
    i sattelited into the primo  from £6 in the 1st week of october and maned to bink a 4th place for £920

and ever since then my confidence has gone sky high playing more fearless watching more taking it more serious and from that £920 in the 1st week of october i have now over 3k in my account just by playing small mtts from £5-£11 no big results but grinding out a 50 quid here 50 quid there i have a dabble at cash on 20nl and 50 nl and and have done ok also

a long post but as u said brag i shall brag :)

my dad passed away 2 weeks ago and i think he would be proud of hes son doing well at poker and hes always there in my heart :)
  • edited December 2012
    Hi sarah n carlo have a great show both

Can u show this hand on the poker clinic hour

from master cash 8

599758953                    Can u mask the hands please

I bet over a pot bet on the river hoping the guy has a random 7 when he reraises me im thinking he might have exactly what he had so knowing this should i be jamming all in or raise a size where i should get a call thoughts please ?
  • edited December 2012

oasis.

ChampagnesuperSarah in your eyeeeee!!

Have a great show...
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday night live with Champion and Citrone win free entry to Santa's Grotto! *****official show thread*****:
       So many great sporting moments to pick from but these 3 were special :     Kath Grainger finally getting her Gold.     Jess Ennis storming down the finishing straight in the 800 m, determined to win in style. In fact the whole of that super saturday.     Wiggo taking the Tour de France  (MODS RULE)
    Posted by pomfrittes

++++1
    KTF!
  • edited December 2012
    Fold me now - Thomson twins
    I'll be your long haired shover from Liverpool - Jimmy Osmond
    Beg Steal and Borrow - The tilted poker players finance arrangement
  • edited December 2012
    Rolling Stones - Jumping Jack Flush

Elvis - (Re) Turn to sender.

Pink Floyd  -  Another brick on the river.

• edited December 2012

so your after a brag or 2 well here goes.

had 11/12 winning months. only month i was down at the tables i ended up with a decent profit from c4p and other bonuses so 12 from 12 if including that. yes im including this month as im doing well but wont be around too much over the xmas period to lose it all.

managed to win entry into 2 £110 thursday rollers from the old league stars freerolls, not bad for a nl4 player only at the time. unfortunately i ddnt cash in any of them but they were the biggest entry tournies i had ever played.

won the low stakes kings of cash promo in october.

took down a tourney in the NEWvember promo where if the prizepool exceded a certain figure the payout were doubled. i won only tourney that was doubled during that week.

made priority club a couple of times over the year playing no higher than nl10.

well you did say brag:-) its safe to say this has been the best year ive had in the 6 years since i first played, hopefully more of the same next year.

have a good show and best wishes to all for xmas and the new year

• edited December 2012
    Hey guys, i've only been playing online poker regularly for a few months now, so no major brags as of yet, but one i am pretty pleased with was winning a UKOPS mini for just shy of £1000, without any re-buys or add ons :)

and its not the best suggestion but as for a poker song - Europe: Final table countdown. Lol

Have a great show :)
  • edited December 2012
    Nice jumper Carlo !!!! lol
  • edited December 2012
    Great Show, Great Dress!!!!!!

Roadrunner, runner - Jonathan Richman

Chasing Cards - Snow Patrol

Chipbuiding - Elvis Costello (Shipbuilding)

Hearts for Hearts Sake - 10cc

Live & Let Diamond - Wings

Kiss From a Hose (Me Down) - Seal

Can't get You Out of My Heads Up - Kylie Mynogue
  • edited December 2012
    Flush - (ahhhhhhh) by queen
  • edited December 2012
    STAR JAMMIN (STAR TREKKIN - THE FIRM) ???
  • edited December 2012
    Ok here's my first post :-)

If You Three Bet This Your Chips Will be Next

(Manic Street Preachers - If You Tolerate This Your Children Will be Next)

• edited December 2012
    Hi Sarah

How about "Nut Flush City Limits" by Tina Turner?
  • edited December 2012
    Hi Sarah and Carlo,regarding "that" jumper all i can say is that Sam Razavi has called in his bet with Carlo.

Song comp it has to be the song dedicated to a royal flush by Hot Chocolate, Every ones a winner.
  • edited December 2012
    la roux - bulletproof
    sing chorus in style of scotty nguyen

this time baby
    ill be bullets proof
  • edited December 2012
    ace of spades  moterheadsup

• edited December 2012
    First time posting so be gentle ;)

A few suggestions for poker songs:

Hungry like de wolfe - duran duran
    Streets of london - Ralph McTell
    Take me to the river - Commitments
    Push it - Salt n Pepa
    Bat out of Hellmuth - Meatloaf
  • edited December 2012
    Hi sarah and carlo
    Fab show

new to poker having lots of fun
    heres an entry for your comp
    It Started with a flush _ Hot chocolate

TJPOTTERXX
  • edited December 2012
    "Don't you call me"...baby (Human League)