You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

no 10 player cash games?

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
went onto skypoker and no 10 player tables, i prefer these to 6, i thought it was a technical fault and went to live chat and was told they have stopped doing them, a poker site with no 10s? i mght leave for another site that has them, i dont wont to go but i dont want to ply 6 all the time, am i alone or are others disapoined
regads martin

Comments

• edited December 2012
    i would play on these from time to time, dont see why get rid of them and replace them with these "capped" tables. 
  • edited December 2012
    6 seaters is the way forward
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: no 10 player cash games?:
    6 seaters is the way forward
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Still a ridiculous decision to remove full ring from the site. I'm sure it will back once sky realise they've made a mistake by getting rid of them. 
  • edited December 2012
    agree with curt. These games still ran, I see them running at 50nl and 100nl all the time. No need to cut then right out.
  • edited December 2012
    no need to ditch 10 seaters at all but I do prefer 6 seaters myself

what`s the deal with these capped tables me no likey.
  • edited December 2012
    Can not see any point in getting rid of them at all. I used to enjoy a 10 seater occasionally and there used to be a few running on the weekend nights.
  • edited December 2012
    Have to say im dissapointed with this,im all for capped tables even though i wont play them, i did play the 10 seaters regulary
    -1 for me
  • edited December 2012

Positives for removing ten seater:

- When a 10 seater gets started it dramatically reduces how many 6 seater tables. eg at 100nl there may be 5 regs playing. For a table to get going there has to be a recreational player. So lets say there are 10 recreational players knocking about. So thats 10 6 max tables running or 5 6 max tables and 1 ten handed. There is not unlimited liquidity and sky is a small site. I am sure everyone would prefer the latter especially Sky.

- Imagine you are a recreational player and first time you have played poker. you sit at first table thats got space at the amount you want to play for. I believe a recreational player is much more likely to have a fun game of poker at a 6 max table and therefore more likely to redeposit again if they play 6 max. Although it will probably save them money if they play 10 handed as they will fall asleep instead of gambling all night.

- reducing the amount of table types imo is a positive as it must be so confusing to a lot of people with all the different types of tables. Here is a list of just holdem cash games available:

nl 6 max

pl6 max

mastercash 6 max

action table 6 max

capped 6 max

nl hu

pl hu

Master cash hu

action table hu

now add all different types of tournys, sit and goes omaha cash, omaha hi lo cash. Dont know about you but I am confused.

• edited December 2012
    But like OP said. He will find another site to play on. Then you have lost a player
  • edited December 2012

Not majorly for or against them, was just trying to put a few positives down.

Whatever changes sky do it will attract some players and put others off.

They have to make the decision on what will be overall best. I prefer 10 handed as its easy but boring poker. Although I think getting rid of them is best for site for above reasons.

• edited December 2012
    don't see how having 10 player cash games will put people off. It will only make players who want to play that format leave? #negativeeffect #whatareskydoing #ijustlostmyentireroll #fml
  • edited December 2012
    Used to enjoy the odd 10 seaters. It allowed me to try another table when multi-ing just because it was slower and my range was tighter so it just eased another table in. Shame they have gone. Used to enjoy full ring every now and again.
  • edited December 2012
    What are the 'capped tables'? Havent been on for a while and dont get it?
  • edited December 2012
    What are the 'capped tables'? Havent been on for a while and dont get it?
    Posted by DrSharp
    Basically, you know when your waking over a busy field where lots of people walk their dogs, while walking along you suddenly hear a squelch, you look at your shoe and see something.    Capped tables are that something.

Hopefully Sky will see sense sooner rather than later and get rid of them , nobody ever ever ever plays them, and they just help clutter an already cluttered lobby.
  • edited December 2012
    10 seater tables at 50/100nl were very soft and provided some of the best action ive ever seen at those limits.

ofcourse sky had to get rid of them....
  • edited March 2013
    terrible no 10 player.....
    paid my car loan off playing on them,

no ten player i leave sky......

end of...
  • edited March 2013
    terrible no 10 player..... paid my car loan off playing on them, no ten player i leave sky...... end of...
    Posted by ICASHMORE
    was it a fiat panda
  • edited March 2013
    wow you must of been going back in the topics to dig this one out
  • edited March 2013
    Positives for removing ten seater: - When a 10 seater gets started it dramatically reduces how many 6 seater tables. eg at 100nl there may be 5 regs playing. For a table to get going there has to be a recreational player. So lets say there are 10 recreational players knocking about. So thats 10 6 max tables running or 5 6 max tables and 1 ten handed. There is not unlimited liquidity and sky is a small site. I am sure everyone would prefer the latter especially Sky. - Imagine you are a recreational player and first time you have played poker. you sit at first table thats got space at the amount you want to play for. I believe a recreational player is much more likely to have a fun game of poker at a 6 max table and therefore more likely to redeposit again if they play 6 max. Although it will probably save them money if they play 10 handed as they will fall asleep instead of gambling all night. - reducing the amount of table types imo is a positive as it must be so confusing to a lot of people with all the different types of tables. Here is a list of just holdem cash games available: nl 6 max pl6 max mastercash 6 max action table 6 max capped 6 max nl hu pl hu Master cash hu action table hu now add all different types of tournys, sit and goes omaha cash, omaha hi lo cash. Dont know about you but I am confused.
    Posted by ajs4385

So basically what you are saying is its a good thing because the bumhunters can gain yet another advantage.

• edited March 2013
    You say you'd leave because of this. Why?
    I play here for MTT's and another site for S&G's cos Sky is obsessed with DYM's .Play two and widen your options.  Sometimes I find when I'm running badly on one site I run well on the other.site.

In Response to no 10 player cash games?:
    went onto skypoker and no 10 player tables, i prefer these to 6, i thought it was a technical fault and went to live chat and was told they have stopped doing them, a poker site with no 10s? i mght leave for another site that has them, i dont wont to go but i dont want to ply 6 all the time, am i alone or are others disapoined regads martin
    Posted by mrmart
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: no 10 player cash games? : wtf
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool