You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Turn decision? Oppo unknown

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
ohnnyhSmall blind £0.15£0.15£25.50cliftonateBig blind £0.30£0.45£13.06 Your hole cardsQQ   KKripplerRaise £0.90£1.35£33.78XCall £0.90£2.25£32.47cannon1223Call £0.90£3.15£15.97JohnnyhFold    cliftonateCall £0.60£3.75£12.46Flop  423   cliftonateCheck    KKripplerBet £2.10£5.85£31.68XCall £2.10£7.95£30.37cannon1223Fold    cliftonateFold    Turn  J   KKripplerBet £4.20£12.15£27.48XRaise £10.80£22.95£19.57

Comments

• edited December 2012
    tricky spot with the stacks

im not calling here on the turn u have to make ya decision to jam or fold as there are draws out cant call and a draw get there and allow yself to get outplayed

tbh the only hand your beating here is aj but why is opponent floating on flop wit aj   to me looks like set of jacks or set of 4s its a hard 1 to fold but i dont think your beating much imo
  • edited December 2012
    yeah tricky spot looks like set to me maybe a5/56 or jx clubs so not 100% sure what I would do in this spot.

I know you said unknown but how long you been playing with them on table and have you seen any of their hands?
  • edited December 2012
    I was 12 tabling and never seen them before and he wasnt on any of my other tables.

This was at the end of a 3 hour session, and id folded constantly for 3 hours, 

The only hand I felt i was beating was AJ of clubs, maybe a funky mid pair. 
  • edited December 2012
    why would a mid pair raise the turn ? surely they do it on the flop
  • edited December 2012
    Some ppl get funky in the early hours of the morning

but yes its unlikely, could be a flush draw nd overs or just a naked flush draw.

But yes prob fold turn.

Its never a call on turn is it?
  • edited December 2012
    tough one, but I just think he's gonna have a set here so often. hard because he's unknown, but I dont think people raise often enough with a pair/FD in this spot, particulary given the strength you've shown. probably a mistake to do that on his part. Think I fold, but I'm a nit
  • edited December 2012
    Don't think oppo is raising anything you beat unless oppo is a nut job )

If it's Jxc then yeah just jam it - never a call ofc
  • edited December 2012
    Ya its fold. I went all in on turn.

Oppo had A5 for the win.
  • edited December 2012
    fold readless. Id bet a bit more on flop
  • edited December 2012
    Vs an unknown it's a pretty easy fold I think. Club draw may have raised on the flop where the equity is higher. Less likely they wait till the turn unless it's Jx of clubs. And this is all that we beat. We are drawing pretty thin aganist sets, straights and two pair.

A thinking reg might make this move because the jack is a good card for you to barrell. But you need reads that they are a thinking reg and not some nit-fish who only bets with the nuts.