You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My 2nd Year In Poker.

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
Well, its that time of year again. As you can gather by the title, this is just a little mini-blog on my second year in poker.

For those of you with bad memories or the newbies i havent met yet here is a bit of a run down of last years blog.

Basically i was a complete newbie to the game this time in 2011 and with some real help, and alot of luck, i built a steady little 'roll on here mainly at low stakes cash (NL4,NL8 and a little NL10). Last years blog ended with the news that my fiance was pregnant (still havent caught the beggar who did it btw) and the little un due in April. My future in poker was based around extra reading, extra playing and of course the ££££ that would obviously flow in to my account. Heres what happened.........

Well, i started the year on about £250-£300 in the account and before you could say 'braxton hicks' i was soon up to £500 without any significant problems. Just playing cash at NL8 too. I was 3-betting the button alot and throwing bluffs in against the regs whilst playing nice and solid against the leisurely limp callers we find down there. Everything was going great until those dreaded words were heard from the missus, not that labour had started, no even worse, i got the 'WHEN ARE YOU SORTING THE NURSERY OUT?' lecture.

So, thats where 2012 ended poker wise. The nursery was done, my poker hours were cut because of the ever increasing size of the missus parking her bottom on the settee and ordering me around (which i was happy to do to be honest). Then the little lad came and it was bloomin hard work so my poker points were'nt anywhere near even 100 never mind 500-1000 i was aiming for.

I have read a couple of poker books and have read alot on here without contributing too much so my game is still coming along albeit very slowly and my roll is stuck at £550sh although sports betting has probably lost £150 of that (hopefully some to come back though). I still play probably only once every couple of weeks but its not my main hobby anymore now its changing nappies and working.

Anyhow, i wont blab on anymore. I just finished a short session with a nice profit and thought i would pop back to the community to say hello and wish everybody who has helped me all the very best in life. There are plenty of new faces that wont know me probably and its good to see the community being refreshed by new blood.

Anyhow, all the best,

See ya next chrimbo when i can probably just cut and paste this to be honest,

Sharpy.

Comments