You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i have folded this

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
i am starting to understand how to play on these tables  but wonder if i may be still over aggressive at times

Hand History #600613565 (14:38 22/12/2012)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
aSmall blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.88
aBig blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.67
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • K

bCall  £0.04 £0.10 £6.57
craigcu12 Raise  £0.20 £0.30 £3.70
aFold     
aFold     
bCall  £0.16 £0.46 £6.41
Flop

Geron1m0 Bet  £0.46 £0.92 £5.95
craigcu12 Raise  £0.92 £1.84 £2.78
Geron1m0 Call  £0.46 £2.30 £5.49
Turn

Geron1m0 Check     
craigcu12 Check     
River

Geron1m0 Bet  £2.30 £4.60 £3.19
craigcu12 Fold     
Geron1m0 Muck     
Geron1m0 Win  £2.12  £5.31
Geron1m0 Return  £2.30 £0.18 £7.61
was it ok the raise post flop or are these bets ones that i should still fold.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    I think once they have donk led for pot on that dry flop, I just let go. Looks like youre trying to rep an overpair unfortunately Ive found too many players at NL4 who dont even consider overpairs when making decisions - as far as theyre concerned top pair is the nuts even on a 7 high flop and theyre unlikely to let go. 
  • edited December 2012
    Alot of players at nl4 will not think beyond their own hand so rather than thinking what you might have he is thinking i have a pair of 8s i must be winning. It is important to identify which players are thinking like this as they won't be folding to the raise, which is good when you have it but in this case you just have to let go on the flop imo Cbetting and repping is not needed as much at nl4 unless playing against regs just bet when you have it fold when you don't will work in alot of cases.
  • edited December 2012
    Snap fold flop

If you are raising you should have an idea of his range for b/f, b/c and b/3b here
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: should i have folded this:
    Snap fold flop If you are raising you should have an idea of his range for b/f, b/c and b/3b here
    Posted by grantorino
    what do you mean i should know his range this is a 2p 4p table which consist of mostly fish so you hardly ever know what they will have, check my post in the brag called why we need fish and you'll see what i mean.

i think them two were right and i should have just folded because as they say a tables like this calls with anything
    for instance in two hands i had KK and  did a big reraise preflop that would normally signal QQ KK or AA yet a guy insisted on still calling with his 33 and As8s then he went all in on a flop AAA with a 33 and called my shove on a river 2d10d 10h Kd Ks with As8s
    so i won £7 with a AAAKK
    and £7 4 K's
  • edited December 2012
    limp call small pairs, drawy flop, you have f all. fold. unless you have a read or history with him?
  • edited December 2012
    limp call small pairs, drawy flop, you have f all. fold. unless you have a read or history with him?
    Posted by montymole
    if you are talking about that As8s and 33 actually it was me who had the KK the villian who had the 33 and a8 on they other two examples  described.
    basically i just pointed out like them first two post said on these tables people don't think about my hand much only their own
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: should i have folded this : if you are talking about that As8s and 33 actually it was me who had the KK the villian who had the 33 and a8 on they other two examples  described. basically i just pointed out like them first two post said on these tables people don't think about my hand much only their own
    Posted by craigcu12
    Summed it up perfectly. People don't think about your hand just their own, so in this hand why raise the flop when it can only be a bluff? People will not even notice you're trying to represent a big hand and just think 'oh I have 2nd pr, I call'.