You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hand requests for the live show

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
I know if your on a tv icon table your hand can be shown, but i was watchin the other day & it was obvs afew just sent the hand in to see what the villain had. 1 HAND i saw there was sumthin like 1500 in the pot, guy has kk no diamonds on a 4 diamond board & folds. no to me he sent the hand in just to get info on the player, surely this cant b right.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    The most important thing is that the hand that has been requested is interesting/has some talking points, so as long as there is a TV symbol then they will be considered.  Of course some people try and use this to get info on players sometimes but when we sit down on a TV table we know that is a possibility.

There are some people who just like to send in bad beats of their AA getting cracked and have a bit of a tantrum when it isn't shown etc.

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Hand requests for the live show:
    The most important thing is that the hand that has been requested is interesting/has some talking points, so as long as there is a TV symbol then they will be considered.  Of course some people try and use this to get info on players sometimes but when we sit down on a TV table we know that is a possibility. There are some people who just like to send in bad beats of their AA getting cracked and have a bit of a tantrum when it isn't shown etc.
    Posted by scotty77
    Fair comment ryan i was just asking the question. I was making the point that it was obvs what was happening in the hand i stated, he wanted info because he folded for 90 in a 1500+ pot. now is that fair that he gets to see his opponents cards just because he requests?????
  • edited December 2012
    That hand you are referring to was me v ebberdon. Neither of us requested it to be shown. It was a fold by me as I believed I was behind on an ace high 4 diamond board. 
  • edited December 2012
    The most important thing is that the hand that has been requested is interesting/has some talking points, so as long as there is a TV symbol then they will be considered.  Of course some people try and use this to get info on players sometimes but when we sit down on a TV table we know that is a possibility. There are some people who just like to send in bad beats of their AA getting cracked and have a bit of a tantrum when it isn't shown etc.
    Posted by scotty77
    Ryan one way of dealing with this would be to show the hands where Aces get cracked and then get Tikay to 
    berate  them for playing the hand badly.To be fair to Tikay he is brilliant at explaining to people why no starting hand has the divine right to win a pot and probably the people who send in such hands in wouldnt listen anyway.

However i do enjoy a good old rant from Tikay bring it on.
  • edited December 2012
    That hand you are referring to was me v ebberdon. Neither of us requested it to be shown. It was a fold by me as I believed I was behind on an ace high 4 diamond board. 
    Posted by cenachav
    I saw that Mark. Cannot believe you folded tbh, any serious bet fine, but 90 into 1500 is just a joke bet and I'd be happy paying 90 just to see if he checks the river and I can find out what he does stupid bets with :)
  • edited December 2012
    Like most hands that was a bit out of context. What you didn't see was a hand played about 5 mins before that when he led for 90 with an underpair and I called him down with 2nd pair. As that went to showdown one of the things I was thinking was he wants me to shove as he has the nuts. Oh well. Got him back later though. As that hand was being shown we were in a pot for a load of chips with a flush on the board. I bet out 90 and he tank folded. I had total air :)

Poker is a never ending game so I've been told lol
  • edited December 2012

i uphold skypoker's freedom to show whichever hands they chose from a TV Icon table.  however, when they are requested to show a hand that doesn't go to showdown is not likely to be of great interest to many, other than the player who requested it.  i believe that, almost without fail, such requests needn't be shown.