You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

late reg to sats

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
I am in 2 minds about late reg. I like it if I'm the late entry but I don't when I get in at the start ( !!!! )
Where I wonder about it the benefit is for satelites. A satellite does not  start unless there are 5 entries so if people don't worry about getting in on time they may not start at all so, surely,  it's better to encourage players to get in on time. There are usually a fair few to choose from during the day so late entry is not crucial and you can always get the next one if you miss the start. So I would suggest late entry be scrapped for sats. and anyone who disagrees will have to  deal with me !!!!! 

Comments

• edited December 2012
    In Response to late reg to sats:
    I am in 2 minds about late reg. I like it if I'm the late entry but I don't when I get in at the start ( !!!! ) Where I wonder about it the benefit is for satelites. A satellite does not  start unless there are 5 entries so if people don't worry about getting in on time they may not start at all so, surely,  it's better to encourage players to get in on time. There are usually a fair few to choose from during the day so late entry is not crucial and you can always get the next one if you miss the start. So I would suggest late entry be scrapped for sats. and anyone who disagrees will have to  deal with me !!!!! 
    Posted by tiercel
    Late reg= more players
    More players=more seats
    More seats=better chance of success
    Better chance of success = smiley faces
  • edited December 2012

More entries mean more seats yes but only 1 in 5 succeed so chance of success remains the same no matter how many enter.

In Response to Re: late reg to sats:
    In Response to late reg to sats : Late reg= more players More players=more seats More seats=better chance of success Better chance of success = smiley faces
    Posted by bolly580
  • edited December 2012
    More entries mean more seats yes but only 1 in 5 succeed so chance of success remains the same no matter how many enter. In Response to Re: late reg to sats :
    Posted by tiercel
    if there was 13 and 2 late reg 3rd place now gets a seat rather than 3/5 of a seat. I'm all for late reg if you log on just after a tourny has started you still have chance to play it happy days :)
  • edited December 2012
    Technically the chances of winning a seat through a satellite are unaffected by the number of late registrants. In reality, the players who are eliminated early in any MTT are always likely to be the weakest players in the field, so the late registrants miss out on the opportunity to win the easiest chips.
  • edited December 2012

What it does do is extend the duration of the sat. thus giving those who go out late fewer opportunities at a second chance.

• edited December 2012
    And to my original point if only 4 players sign up at the start the tourney is cancelled so the opportunity for late entry has gone.
  • edited December 2012
    what would you chaps rather do:

5 sit down and play for 1 seat 

or 500 sit down play for 100 seats

a pen and paper will be supplied for your answer please show your working out below.
  • edited December 2012
    you start with 12 players 1 seat in 5 qualify..you are in 3rd place..9 more players L/R......hasn't that increased you chance of qualifying?...and I get slammed for my posts!!!!!????!!!!...lool
  • edited December 2012
    you start with 12 players 1 seat in 5 qualify..you are in 3rd place..9 more players L/R......hasn't that increased you chance of qualifying?...and I get slammed for my posts!!!!!????!!!!...lool
    Posted by larry1959
    i think your a becon of knoweldge
  • edited December 2012
    And to my original point if only 4 players sign up at the start the tourney is cancelled so the opportunity for late entry has gone.
    Posted by tiercel
    Thats down to Sky to look at which sats are cancelled due to lack of players and during the quieter times put on less of that particular sat....but if you want to make sure they run there's only one answer... REGISTER on time
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: late reg to sats : i think your a becon of knoweldge
    Posted by bolly580
    thnx bolly....your spelling is cr@p ,but  hey.....we can't have everything can we...lol