You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2nd, but disappointed;

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
I was playing a small BH tonight, 77 runners and I came 2nd, but I feel I played quite poorly and got fortunate.

It's a funny feeling really. Early doors I managed to get a double up with KK v 55, and then again with JJ v 10 10, but after that it all went downhill.

I was getting my money in bad; for example, with AQ v AK and 99 v QQ, and getting very lucky. The final table came around, and I made an all-in bluff, but I was up-and-down straight drawing. The fella called with trips - miles ahead -, but I hit and won. At the end of the tournament, obvious I was ecstatic with the result, but disappointed with the way I played.

(I think I almost prefer being the one that gets the bad-beats and knocked out on the bubble ....... well, maybe not!)

Has anyone else had this feeling?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    NNAAHH---very much doubt it mate, I'd say youare probably the only person thats ever cashed in a tournament because of a run of luck, not much chance of it happening again.

I was disappointed with the way I played once, but guess what? I lost--hope this helps
  • edited November 2009
    lol bh get your chips in and pray tounaments
  • edited November 2009
     LUCK PLAYS A BIG ELEMENT  MOST MTTS TURN ON 2 OR 3 ALL IN HANDS THE BEST PLAYER DOESNT ALWAYS WIN.THERES ENOUGH OPPERTUNITYS TO ANALYS YOU PLAY WHEN YOUR LOSING WHEN YOUR WINNING JUST COUNT THE CASH AND ENJOY IT. THE NEXT TOURNIMENT YOU PLAY YOU WILL PROBABLY DO EXACTLY THE RIGHT MOVE AT EXACTLY THE RIGHT TIME AND SOME DONK WILL CALL YOU AND HIT THERE 7 FLUSH 
  • edited November 2009

Think of yourself as being the most luckiest,jammy,flukey player ever to grace a table.I mean you won a hand with JJ.cmon