You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

was it ok calling this

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic

the guy who went all in was doing it with most hands. In the hand prior to this he did it with j5o. so i just didn't have a clue what his hand could be

craigcu12 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £6.46
xBig blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.95
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

xFold     
xFold     
vAll-in  £3.37 £3.43 £0.00
would most people have went with the shove or should i have still folded

Comments

• edited December 2012
    If he's doing it regular with stuff like J5o, you can assume he's doing it with virtually ATC, you're equity against ATC is...

equity     win     tie           pots won     pots tied   
    Hand 0:     65.320%      64.47%     00.85%        16227502536     214127034.00   { AKo }
    Hand 1:     34.680%      33.83%     00.85%         8515112196     214127034.00   { random }
  • edited December 2012
    important questions are.

can you afford to lose 3 quid?

is he doing this alot?

if he's doing this alot, where is the cutoff point between strong and not so strong hands for what you'll call with.

how high does a pocket pair have to be to be a snap call? how high cardy does your hand have to be to snap?

personally if he was doing J5o ai and ai every hand i'd choose hands along the lines of-

55+/ATo+ and lets be honest i'm not folding Queen and King of the offsuit. gogogo gamboooooool

to really play about with what to call with, download POKERSTOVE and compare your chance of winning (equity) against different hand ranges. So firstly against any two, then against someone who is folding say the bottom 20% of hands, then against someone who is folding the bottom 80% of hands, then compare just how tight your ranges have to be.

so in answer to your question, if he's jamming alot and you have THE KING ACE you should stand up, fist pump the air, look for people to fist bump, should hoooooah baby then smash the mouse making the call so hard you potentially break it. Then watch as J5o has 40% equity again and turns a 5. lol.
  • edited December 2012
    well in the end i decided to go all in well won it flush to the K he had a QJ
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: was it ok calling this:
    he had a QJ
    Posted by craigcu12

When people at this level see 2 picture cards like qj they are literally loving life! You are going to have them dominated so much