You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ONE FOR MY POST CRITICS,,,LOL

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat

Having recently posted on the poker clinic and had several..shall we say adverse criticisms of my postings,, I would just like to say that in the last month I have won best part of £800 in MTT tounaments..(the most I will buy-in for is £11)..B/H's including £289 win in the £15k B/h and for the first time cashing in the £10k Primo (19th win £109)..both of which I satallited in  for a few quid... I have paid out from my account £600 this month and still got £375 in my kitty...so, finally I must be doing something right. Yes..over the 3 years I have been playing I am still down £1400.. (sharkscope).. (thats less than £10 a week, you'll spend more on cigarettes and have no fun, feel part of a community or reap any benefits), but I am now seeing headway and hope to at least be at a break even point by Easter, if not before. I feel more confident at the tables, and am getting better at reading players, knowing who to shove against or fold against. I dont think it will be long now before you see my name on the 1st place in one of skys big tournies...I'm getting there....see you at the tables....

MERRY XMAS ALL

Comments

• edited December 2012
    In Response to ONE FOR MY POST CRITICS,,,LOL:
    Having recently posted on the poker clinic and had several..shall we say adverse criticisms of my postings,, I would just like to say that in the last month I have won best part of £800 in MTT tounaments..(the most I will buy-in for is £11)..B/H's including £289 win in the £15k B/h and for the first time cashing in the £10k Primo (19th win £109)..both of which I satallited in  for a few quid... I have paid out from my account £600 this month and still got £375 in my kitty...so, finally I must be doing something right. Yes..over the 3 years I have been playing I am still down £1400.. (sharkscope).. (thats less than £10 a week, you'll spend more on cigarettes and have no fun, feel part of a community or reap any benefits), but I am now seeing headway and hope to at least be at a break even point by Easter, if not before. I feel more confident at the tables, and am getting better at reading players, knowing who to shove against or fold against. I dont think it will be long now before you see my name on the 1st place in one of skys big tournies...I'm getting there....see you at the tables.... MERRY XMAS ALL
    Posted by larry1959
    Best of Luck m8 - have a great christmas
  • edited December 2012
    well done Larry...keep it going mate.

had the same thing myself not so long ago,over in the poker clinic.
    it's ok to have an opinion...as long as it's the same as those that criticise.

merry xmas.
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to ONE FOR MY POST CRITICS,,,LOL:
    Having recently posted on the poker clinic and had several..shall we say adverse criticisms of my postings,, I would just like to say that in the last month I have won best part of £800 in MTT tounaments..(the most I will buy-in for is £11)..B/H's including £289 win in the £15k B/h and for the first time cashing in the £10k Primo (19th win £109)..both of which I satallited in  for a few quid... I have paid out from my account £600 this month and still got £375 in my kitty...so, finally I must be doing something right. Yes..over the 3 years I have been playing I am still down £1400.. (sharkscope).. (thats less than £10 a week, you'll spend more on cigarettes and have no fun, feel part of a community or reap any benefits), but I am now seeing headway and hope to at least be at a break even point by Easter, if not before. I feel more confident at the tables, and am getting better at reading players, knowing who to shove against or fold against. I dont think it will be long now before you see my name on the 1st place in one of skys big tournies...I'm getting there....see you at the tables.... MERRY XMAS ALL
    Posted by larry1959

you really don`t need to prove  anything to anyone or any of your critics on the forum just play your games win or lose enjoy the games you play.

also I have seen you have been getting slaughtered for some of your posts but whether your opinions are right/wrong does not matter we are all entitled to our opinions.Also is good to have different views imo because you get to see ways others think of the game which you can take on board and you could try it out in game.

but yeah most important have good xmas and new year

• edited December 2012
    Great post Larry. Keep at it m8. You're doing better than most I'd bet. Enjoyment is the key but success impinges on that. Have a good Xmas.
  • edited December 2012
    Surely the point of the clinic is to hear different views. People who disagree with you over how to play a hand are doing just that. I think you both are taking the criticism/advice the wrong way and taking it personally which it never should be.

P.S  AA vs KK is never 50/50 :)
  • edited December 2012
    thanks all for the encouragement... you guys are what make this site worth it's weight in chips...Merry Xmas all
  • edited December 2012
    Some of the criticism of you and others in the clinic has been way over the top lately.

Whenever something is posted that a player thinks is bad or incorrect advice, it's only appropriate that they challenge it - you'll know that I have disagreed with some of your posts - and this encourages debate and improvement. On a few occasions lately there has been a bit of mockery involved and you've been on the receiving end. Let's hope people soon see how ridiculous that is.

I support liamboi's sentiment: You don't need to worry about justifying yourself with your performances. If you enjoy the game and getting involved in the forum, that's all that matters. The clinic isn't designed for pro's after all.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: ONE FOR MY POST CRITICS,,,LOL:
    Some of the criticism of you and others in the clinic has been way over the top lately. Whenever something is posted that a player thinks is bad or incorrect advice, it's only appropriate that they challenge it - you'll know that I have disagreed with some of your posts - and this encourages debate and improvement. On a few occasions lately there has been a bit of mockery involved and you've been on the receiving end. Let's hope people soon see how ridiculous that is. I support liamboi's sentiment: You don't need to worry about justifying yourself with your performances. If you enjoy the game and getting involved in the forum, that's all that matters. The clinic isn't designed for pro's after all.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    +1
  • edited December 2012
    Yeah don't take notice off people mocking your post. If there not being constructive then don't take any notice. 

You make some sense with your posts and have some understanding of the game, however I think a lot of your advice is pretty bad imo. I don't mean to have a go I'm just being honest. 

However that shouldn't stop you from posting in the future, if anything it should make you do it more often as the vast majority of the players on here who post will give good advice even if it is critical in parts. That is part of the reason the poker clinic is there for people to use and have debates and ultimately improve by seeing certain things from a different angle.

GL at the tables and merry Christmas. 
  • edited December 2012
    Some of the criticism of you and others in the clinic has been way over the top lately. Whenever something is posted that a player thinks is bad or incorrect advice, it's only appropriate that they challenge it - you'll know that I have disagreed with some of your posts - and this encourages debate and improvement. On a few occasions lately there has been a bit of mockery involved and you've been on the receiving end. Let's hope people soon see how ridiculous that is. I support liamboi's sentiment: You don't need to worry about justifying yourself with your performances. If you enjoy the game and getting involved in the forum, that's all that matters. The clinic isn't designed for pro's after all.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Hi Borin, I don't mind criticism if the post includes a different point of view, as yours do. I will carry on posting, and agree that there are always options to any hand and its good to debate..see you at the tables
  • edited December 2012
    Why do you think most people dont post in the clinic ?? A, So they dont get shot down in flames.

Just keep posting mate & trying to improve your game, & ignore the bad advice from certain people gl.
  • edited December 2012
    Don't take anything to heart. Take criticism on board. Be more concise.
  • edited December 2012
    Surely the point of the clinic is to hear different views. People who disagree with you over how to play a hand are doing just that. I think you both are taking the criticism/advice the wrong way and taking it personally which it never should be. P.S  AA vs KK is never 50/50 :)
    Posted by jonjo75
    fair comment.
    people will always have different opinions on how 2 play hands,which is fine.
    but when someone has taken the time to post up their opinion then that should be respected.
    it's fine for others to give their own opinion on the hand in question,but it's completely wrong for them to verbally attack your opinion and basically say 'you are wrong and i am right'
    which is exactly what happened in my case anyway.
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: ONE FOR MY POST CRITICS,,,LOL : fair comment. people will always have different opinions on how 2 play hands,which is fine. but when someone has taken the time to post up their opinion then that should be respected. it's fine for others to give their own opinion on the hand in question,but it's completely wrong for them to verbally attack your opinion and basically say 'you are wrong and i am right' which is exactly what happened in my case anyway. dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Devonfish, the problem with your case was that you were wrong by the numbers. Your opinion was that something would happen a certain percentage of the time and the reality was that it would happen a different percentage of the time. I don't actually remember what it was all about but I remember that much.

It wasn't at all disrespectful of people to say that "you are wrong". The problem with some posts has been that they're saying "you are wrong and therefore stupid". That needs to stop.
  • edited December 2012
    Definite +1 to BL.

It should never get nasty/insulting but sometimes people are wrong and there is no other way to say it. A lot of the time in poker you can say 'it depends...' but sometimes there is just 1 right answer, and it's best to tell people who are new to the game and learning not to listen to the wrong answer.
  • edited December 2012
    leave larry alone, let him play his style as its clearly working for him

good luck in future

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: ONE FOR MY POST CRITICS,,,LOL : fair comment. people will always have different opinions on how 2 play hands,which is fine. but when someone has taken the time to post up their opinion then that should be respected. it's fine for others to give their own opinion on the hand in question,but it's completely wrong for them to verbally attack your opinion and basically say 'you are wrong and i am right' which is exactly what happened in my case anyway. dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    I agree with you totally, apart from when someone makes a statement such as "on SKY an Ace would flop against KK ABOUT 50% of the time"  or "AA against KK is 50/50" because both these statements are wrong and what else can you say apart from you are wrong.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: ONE FOR MY POST CRITICS,,,LOL : I agree with you totally, apart from when someone makes a statement such as "an Ace would flop against KK ABOUT 50% of the time"  or "AA against KK is 50/50" because both these statements are wrong and what else can you say apart from you are wrong.
    Posted by jonjo75
    Well  jojnjo you are wrong lol you could also say the correct percentages.