You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What is your view and correct view on the following???

DKODKO
edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
Hey Tikay 

Hope you are well... 

Today I was playing 5p n 10p cash table n bought in for 10 quid.. 1st hand on the table was kk.. I was 3rd to act so re raised 50p as I did not want any limpers n to also build the pot.. Every folded n the big blind pushed all in for 11 quid... I snapped called and he had AA... I then re bought n a few hands later the same thing happened again... 

Should I really fold KK????? 

Thanks 

DKO

Comments

• edited December 2012
    In Response to What is your view and correct view on the following???:
    Hey Tikay  Hope you are well...  Today I was playing 5p n 10p cash table n bought in for 10 quid.. 1st hand on the table was kk.. I was 3rd to act so re raised 50p as I did not want any limpers n to also build the pot.. Every folded n the big blind pushed all in for 11 quid... I snapped called and he had AA... I then re bought n a few hands later the same thing happened again...  Should I really fold KK?????  Thanks  DKO
    Posted by DKO
    NO - Just got unlucky

Variance is an evil little so and so - next time....you probably hold both times 
  • edited December 2012
    you say you re raised. Had some one bet befor you? or you was just raising to 50p because there was limpers..
  • edited December 2012
    Nobody is folding an all in raise with KK pockets, end of the day you were unlucky to come up against AA. A race like that isn't far short of 50/50..there are just as many Aces as Kings in a pack, and how many times have you seen or had your AA busted by a weaker pair hitting trips, part of a flush or a run...it's the nature of the beast..get back up, dust yourself down and forget the hand..it happens.. Merry Xmas :-)
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: What is your view and correct view on the following???:
    Nobody is folding an all in raise with KK pockets, end of the day you were unlucky to come up against AA. A race like that isn't far short of 50/50..there are just as many Aces as Kings in a pack, and how many times have you seen or had your AA busted by a weaker pair hitting trips, part of a flush or a run...it's the nature of the beast..get back up, dust yourself down and forget the hand..it happens.. Merry Xmas :-)
    Posted by larry1959
    You're doing it on purpose now Larry rnt ya ;)
  • edited December 2012
    Larry should be locked away in area 51.
  • edited December 2012
    Larry should be locked away in area 51.
    Posted by seppe
    I love the way you guys diss my posts..you must be millionaire poker players,world series champions etc etc etc, the way you know everything...lol,,and just to let you know.. my room has been booked in area 51 for months..penthouse suite with all the gubbins....and a free bar!!!!!..just haven't moved in yet. ;-p

Anyway...apart from me stating the obvious in my post..what was wrong with it???...I've seen some of you guys shove with air and get pasted on Sky TV...losing your entire stacks....kettle???...black???....
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: What is your view and correct view on the following??? : I love the way you guys diss my posts..you must be millionaire poker players,world series champions etc etc etc, the way you know everything...lol,,and just to let you know.. my room has been booked in area 51 for months..penthouse suite with all the gubbins....and a free bar!!!!!..just haven't moved in yet. ;-p Anyway...apart from me stating the obvious in my post..what was wrong with it???...I've seen some of you guys shove with air and get pasted on Sky TV...losing your entire stacks....kettle???...black???....
    Posted by larry1959
    You really dont know what was wrong with your post lol, come on larry your having me on
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: What is your view and correct view on the following??? : You really dont know what was wrong with your post lol, come on larry your having me on
    Posted by seppe
    end of the day the guy was unlucky.....would you fold KK to an all in re-raise?,, I'm not and if I get beat with AA twice then thats the way it goes,it's just not my day, so I'll leave that table, go have a cup of coffee, clear my head and try again later...just take a looksee at my post headed... FOR MY POST CRITICS...LOL

P.S  love the banter....Merry Xmas
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: What is your view and correct view on the following??? : end of the day the guy was unlucky.....would you fold KK to an all in re-raise?,, I'm not and if I get beat with AA twice then thats the way it goes,it's just not my day, so I'll leave that table, go have a cup of coffee, clear my head and try again later...just take a looksee at my post headed... FOR MY POST CRITICS...LOL P.S  love the banter....Merry Xmas
    Posted by larry1959
    I dont think many would fold there. That wasnt my point lol. you saying aa v kk is about 50/50 is the point(its crazt talk). Ye your still 1400 down. Tip to larry try harder ha
  • edited December 2012
    Hello,

I have been frequenting the 5p 10p tables recently and I have had the same move on me a few times. It wouldn't have been the player 'SKINDOH' would it? If so, he is very tight, and makes this move with only four hands. I don't blame you for calling with KK but he often has you beaten!
  • edited December 2012
    You have been unlucky AA is about 80% favourite against KK I think, although Im sure the experts will know exactly.

Would I have folded them - No but then again Im useless lol
  • edited December 2012
    ive encountered a couple of players at that level who do that move a lot and its been AA a lot more than it isnt. i still call with KK tho as it feels so wrong to fold them. you still have a 1 in 5 chance of binking should you face aces.
  • edited December 2012

don't get me started on KK...again!!!

lol

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited December 2012

always fold KK, no matter what, even heads up.

• edited December 2012
    I'd be snapping it off until I seen him do this move multiple times and saw he had AA every single time. Even then I might be folding KK with a tear in my eye lol
  • DKODKO
    edited December 2012
    Thanks everyone for the good/sarcastic advice.. I think I was just unlucky however pushed all in tonight with AA and got called by QQ so maybe there is some method in the madness... I'm just not sure it is the best way to get max value... Merry Crimbo everyone...

DKO
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to What is your view and correct view on the following???:
    Hey Tikay  Hope you are well...  Today I was playing 5p n 10p cash table n bought in for 10 quid.. 1st hand on the table was kk.. I was 3rd to act so re raised 50p as I did not want any limpers n to also build the pot.. Every folded n the big blind pushed all in for 11 quid... I snapped called and he had AA... I then re bought n a few hands later the same thing happened again...  Should I really fold KK?????  Thanks  DKO
    Posted by DKO
    Morning DKO.

The answer most have given would be my answer, too - no, don't fold K-K in those circumstances!

Just a little unlucky to run into A-A played that way twice in short order.

For every time the Villain shows up with A-A, he'll also show up with Q-Q, J-J, A-K, A-Q.

There can be very player dependant exceptions, but they are very rare.

Merry Christmas.

• DKODKO
    edited December 2012
    In Response to What is your view and correct view on the following??? : Morning DKO. The answer most have given would be my answer, too - no, don't fold K-K in those circumstances! Just a little unlucky to run into A-A played that way twice in short order.   For every time the Villain shows up with A-A, he'll also show up with Q-Q, J-J, A-K, A-Q. There can be very player dependant exceptions, but they are very rare. Merry Christmas.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay... I always appreciate your advice.. Do you know the odds on getting AA vs KK pre flop???

Also congratulations on your world series of poker cash a while ago...

Merry Crimbo
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: What is your view and correct view on the following??? : Thanks Tikay... I always appreciate your advice.. Do you know the odds on getting AA vs KK pre flop??? Also congratulations on your world series of poker cash a while ago... Merry Crimbo
    Posted by DKO

You are likely to get a specific pair approx 1 in 220 hands, and once you have that you are approx 1 in 42 to hit another specific pair ie. AA v KK; KK v QQ etc,
    AA v AA are even less though I had that twice 2 days back. Also I had a month of "regular" AA v KK & vice versa, which almost prompted me to do an Area51 but couldn't be bothered to search out all the AA & KK hands to get a percentage on what would have been a tiny statistical sample anyway !
    Anyway Happy Xmas all - now when are my 2 daughters gonna be ready so I can get into the SPIRIT of Christmas!
  • DKODKO
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: What is your view and correct view on the following??? :   You are likely to get a specific pair approx 1 in 220 hands, and once you have that you are approx 1 in 42 to hit another specific pair ie. AA v KK; KK v QQ etc, AA v AA are even less though I had that twice 2 days back. Also I had a month of "regular" AA v KK & vice versa, which almost prompted me to do an Area51 but couldn't be bothered to search out all the AA & KK hands to get a percentage on what would have been a tiny statistical sample anyway ! Anyway Happy Xmas all - now when are my 2 daughters gonna be ready so I can get into the SPIRIT of Christmas!
    Posted by clubhammer
    Cheers clubhammer so I was very unlucky then like I thought and was pretty much dead once the flop was dry....
  • edited December 2012
    sometimes you can "win" with ks :-)
    mall blind £0.04£0.04£11.67
    SERVIVOR1Big blind £0.08£0.12£4.63
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

yummy16Raise £0.32£0.44£5.89
    missavrilAll-in £0.41£0.85£0.00
    bigAL_69Fold    
    pod1Call £0.41£1.26£14.20
    JHEROCALLHRaise £1.33£2.59£10.34