You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

playing live!

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
ok,my opponent makes a big bet on the river. only i dont believe he has it. so i make the call!. he announces "its yours" and muckes his hand. should i just be pleased with out playing him and winning the pot or am i entitled to see his cards. after all i have paid to see him. 

Comments

• edited December 2012
    If his cards are in the muck, wait for dealer to push pot your way as his hand is dead and muck your cards without showing yours.
  • edited December 2012
    You can demand to see his cards if you want to and the dealer should show you. Most people view this as poor etiquette and you will take some stick but you have "paid the looking price" as they say.

No real need to bother in cases like this, though. You know he must have had no hand at all and you should be able to narrow his pre-flop range down as a result.
  • edited December 2012
    Considered bad etiquette to ask to see a mucked hand. You are probably entitled to, but I wouldn't if I was you
  • edited December 2012
    same as online if i call and lose the hand i have a choice to show the hand or not and i always muck my hand so i dont see it as a problem aslong as u win the pot its all good