You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

doublestack

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
Just about to late reg for my fave main and notice it's been replaced by a bounty hunter, but the mini is still a ds? 
So I check the forum for announcements as to why this is and find nothing - any info sky or am I missing something?

ty

Comments

• edited December 2012
    The 2000 chip bounty hunters are a shove fest i think they should have the 4000 starting stack the same as the £55 and £110 bounty hunter.  With a 2k start stack most of your decisions will be allin or fold whereas if the start stack was 4k you would be able to play poker down the streets.  Im not saying have all the bounty hunters with a 4k start stack the 1s on during the day could still be 2k but i think it has to be 4k for main events with no blind levels being skipped. 

The friday night rebuy and the wednesday night double stack are good tournaments apart from it not being on tonight!  The other main events monday, tuesday, thursday, saturday are turboie with allin decisions instead of playing down the streets i also think the sunday primo should be a 5k start stack.  I understand not everyone will agree with me here and some players prefer to be shallow stacked so its just my opinion of course.
  • edited December 2012
    yah. just figured out it's probably because tomorrows ukops has an identical structure, but that shouldn't make a difference because there's a pretty big jump between a £33 buy in and a £110 buy in, but I'm pretty sure that's the reason.
  • edited December 2012
    I was really looking forward to the DS tonight too mainly as its the only one I haven't cashed in this year (thin brag)  Very disappointed that there wasn't even an announcement about it
  • edited December 2012
    bump. any reasoning sky?
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: doublestack:
    bump. any reasoning sky?
    Posted by percival09
    I'm sure there was a reason, (there always is!) but I don't know what it was, sorry.

I would imagine it was either or both a rejigging of the schedules during the Xmas period (traffic patterns change enormously over the Xmas holiday), or because of the imminent UKOPS. 

I would imagine it will return to normal next week.

• edited December 2012
    yeah probably because of ukops - thanks for the reply.