You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A bit of help please

_G__G_
edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
hi everyone hope you all well
i a m thinking of entering the £1k UKOPS Micro 1, the question is about rebuys and addons, i take the rebuys mean if i get k/out i can buy in again, whats the addons, it might come across as i am thick but i don't really now. thanks Glen

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Not a silly question, everyone has to learn this once.

In a rebuy, there is a 'rebuy period.'  During this time (normally the first hour or so of a MTT but the length changes and can be found in the lobby) you can rebuy for an amount of chips (normally the same as the starting stack) whenever your chip count is at your starting stack or lower, including zero.  If you are down to zero during the rebuy period, to continue you must rebuy there and then, you will be given plenty of time to decide if you wish to rebuy and continue.

At the end of the rebuy period there is normally a break for an 'add on' period.  An 'add on' is a set amount of chips you can add onto your stack regardless of chip count.  At the end of the add on period you move into a normal freezeout with no more rebuys allowed.

I hope this helps.
  • edited December 2012
    Beat me to it Tommy :) ...... the add on in this case is £2.00 for 4000 chips and you are allowed one only in the given period 
  • _G__G_
    edited December 2012
    Thanks everyone
  • edited December 2012

Just to clarify.....it is 'unlimited' rebuys for the 1st 35 mins. This will probably see a lot of aggro play in this period. It will break out to a normal game after this period is over though, if you last that long. Good luck if you play!

£1,000 Guaranteed Xmas UKOPS 1 Micro Event! Unlimited re-buys for 35 minutes, one add-on after 35 minutes. Late Reg will be open for 20 minutes.

• _G__G_
    edited December 2012
    Thanks Max probably give this a miss as not to sure, go in to the bounty hunter later.
    Thanks Again.
    Glen