You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Line check

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
50 gtd rebuy, £5 entry. Rebuy period over

Villain is not very good, but is not a complete spewfish either. I have been pretty active
SB Small blind  100.00 100.00 7582.50
Big blind  200.00 300.00 15407.50
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • J

grantorino Raise  500.00 800.00 4210.00
SB Fold     
Call  300.00 1100.00 15107.50
Flop

• Q

Check     
grantorino Check     
Turn

Bet  600.00 1700.00 14507.50
grantorino Call  600.00 2300.00 3610.00
River

Bet  800.00 3100.00 13707.50
grantorino All-in  3610.00 6710.00 0.00

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Interesting!
    You're trying to rep the flush rather than the fh i presume?
    Reason i say this is that i imagine you would be c-betting the flop with a pair and raising turn if you have 9's on a board this wet.

I just don't think it makes sense and against a weak player i think he will snap this off, mostly because it isn't much to call. I think a good player will see through this and call with any part of the board.

Any reason for not betting flop?
  • edited December 2012
    Hi G

Written this once......so a bluff by checking, then betting the turn to rep the flush. Wouldn't you normally bet the flush draw on the flop to build pot? Or are you trying to show 99? They are credible plays but did he see them as even your big bet on river has his big stack to give him courage. What did you narrow him down to? Suited connectors and has probably caught a pair. Hope it wasn't hearts!! You say you feel he is middling so is this bluff a little too obvious for him especially if he is unsure then his stack will help him to call. 
  • edited December 2012
    I usually cbet flop, but I decided to check back here. I sometimes do this ip, esp v passive villains

I think its a decent amount to call, its a bigger than potsize bet and villain looks really weak. Agree my line thru all streets isnt consistent with me having a flush if he knows how I play, but dont think this guy will realise it, also think he has very little himself when he uses that sizing.

It wasnt a hand I thought through properly at time, trying to decide now if I hate it or not
  • edited December 2012
    if you don`t think your opponent is not that good you may get this through because he more likely just looking at his hand rather than what your holding and see possible flush and fold.

did you think at the time is opponent  capable of folding a queen or nine here?

but yeah I agree his betting looks weak on turn and river I reckon he had 910/j9 something like that and called.
  • edited December 2012
    don't really like it cos I think you're getting snapped by almost any pair looking at your line and villains chip stack and considering he's bad
    looks like he's either vbetting you otr or is betting a missed draw like diamonds or 10J, which means you can either call otr or fold imo. I think if he folds, you were bluffing w/ the best hand otr, but I suppose by shoving you make him fold some of his Ax diamond hands that are beating you

you do have an awkward stack for just cbetting and giving up otf, but i think i prefer it vs a passive villain. I don't think it'd be a bad board to fire 3barrels 

also, if he's passive, I doubt he's bluffing w/ missed draws which makes it a fold ott, but i prob just cbet