You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS Night 2 on Sky Poker TV- live from 7pm with Rich and Stu ***official show thread***

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
A yuletide yo to you all once again!

Hope you're still enjoying your Christmas week and hope you're enjoying Christmas UKOPS! 

Last night was immense with record-breaking figures in the games and loads of you tuning in and interacting with the show!

If you need bringing up to speed then let me tell you that this week we're airing a very special sequence of broadasts from Sky Poker TV as we go LIVE for FOUR nights in a row to bring you dedicated coverage of the big games every night up to and including the main event itself on Sunday 30th.

Which means we're back tonight for NIGHT 2- the £20,000 Roller!

The tourney starts at 8 and the tourney lobby is here

Now, if £110 is a a bit too pricey for your BR, then look out for all the satellites running constantly between now and kick-off time...

Comments

• edited December 2012
    ...as for your TV coverage, well, it's another five hour Christmas blockbuster hosted by myself, Richard Orford and Stuart Rutter.

From 7 till 8 we'll bring you all the highlights of the final table from last night's UKOPS 1 main event!

And then, from 8 it's UKOPS 2 all the way, along with phonecalls with players and loads of interaction from you at home.

Hand requests from the game, messages of support for players, stories of how you satellited in and progress reports, along with all the usual stuff should be posted on this thread, sent to skyopen@bskyb.com or tweeted with#skypokertv
  • edited December 2012

We also have 4 seats to give away for the next night's UKOPS 3 mini event.

They'll go to good hand requests from UKOPS 2 and our favourite answers to these questions:

What 's your general New Year's Resolution?

And what's your poker New Year's Resolution?

Get your answers in for that and I'll see at 7pm tonight!
  • edited December 2012
    Hi Rich and Stu - or if i may say so the new sky poker dream team, the 1st show you did may have been forgettable (at least for rich it was) but ive very much enjoyed the shows you two chaps have done so far. So heres to 5 hours as good if not better than last night (which was awesome btw).

general resolution - to keep smoking all year, its contributing taxes

poker resolution - to try and play the rush as im often guilty of locking up after good results then complaining about variance when it turns
  • edited December 2012
    General New Years Resolution - Lose weight. Poker and nibbles is not good for weight control.
    Poker Resolution - Handle the bad beats better. Ashamed to say I sometimes have a rant in the chatbox.
  • edited December 2012
    Hello both

Well done Richard on making it two consecutive nights

General Resolution - find a woman! This may mean not getting quite so excited in future at my Star Trek Original Series digitally remastered box set!

Poker Resolution - to have a year like 2011 :-) profitable, not like 2012 unprofitable :-(

good luck all, hope you run as bad as me

memfno
  • edited December 2012
    Hi Rich, its Jay (aka - IWYS)

Great show last night, watched the full 5 hours whilst playing a couple of UKOPS events.  I finished 10th in the £5.50 mini last night out of 800+ which I am happy with, although a little disappointed not to go further having gone so far.  Took 6 bounties as well which added to my bankroll.

Tonights schedule - Micro and Mini event and maybe the side event, see how the night goes.

My new years resolution is to actually stick to the resolution I make, come on, how many of us see them through :)

Poker resolution - most of the time in the early stages of tournaments I get a good stack, 150-200+ big blinds, and get involved in too many hands, my aim for 2013 is to learn and sit back and pick better spots to get involved.

Good luck tonight mate.
  • edited December 2012
    Have a great show guys.

General new yrs resolution - Quit smoking!!!! I will do it this yr!!!!

Poker resolution - I wouldn't mind having a go at this winning malarky that I keep hearing people talk about.....so I guess that means watching 861 more often :)........(in fact I hope it starts early as I have sat into tonights main for 6 quid).
  • edited December 2012
    What a great start in the micro a doubled up early on and still managed to get knocked out before people finished buying in! Do I win an Orford award! :P
  • edited December 2012
    I will only smoke on days ending in Y Monday, tuesday etc.

Also I will only play poker on those said days!
  • edited December 2012
    My new years resolution

only drink when its not my birthday likewise to poker :)

poker resolution to try n get a seat to vegas love to go 1st get a passport :) not a good idea coming home drunk putting ya jeans in a washine machine with ya passport in them the rest is history
  • edited December 2012
    Hi guys...satallited in for tonights £20k for £24. Cashed in last sundays primo and the 15k B/h the previous weds.. on a bit of a run this month with £900+ change profit..hoping to get there tonight....would see in the new year nicely..doing a great job fellas... (a little late but another poker song title.. ''loosey plays on sky with diamonds'')....
    Larry1959
  • edited December 2012
    Evening, evening ....

General resulution = Get out of work in time for dinner!

Poker resultion = cash in my first WSOP bracelet event when I play the Ladies event in June 2013.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Natalie 
  • edited December 2012
    Hand History #602921760 (20:06 28/12/2012)did I make the right call on the river?

Larry1959
  • edited December 2012
    Hand History #602924616

was my line all wrong here, deep structure so was i too aggro with my draw, how is my bet sizing etc....
  • edited December 2012
    Hi Rich and Stuart, looking forward to the highlights of the UKOPS when it gets a little dirtier later on!

General resolution - To keep a balance between revision for my A-levels and things that I actually enjoy!

Poker resolution - To dare drift away from the low stakes and dare enter a few beefier tournaments!

I'm rather interested in what both of your New Year's Resolutions are now :p

• edited December 2012

Have a good show guys!

I have sat into 2 UKOPS events tonight, and brought in direct for the other two. Lost half my stack in Main already after running my aces into quad 8's in about 3rd hand. Will have to grind back up now.

Nowt out else on tv  so I will be watching the show now :)
  • edited December 2012
    Evening gents  
  • edited December 2012

Hi Guys

My general resolution is to give up making resolutions I can't keep!
    So this year as I'm allergic to beetroot, I'm giving up beetroot! At last after 53 years a resolution i'll succeed with.

My poker resolution is a lot more fun!
    I'm going to take one discipline a month and only play at that level!
    So January apart from free rolls, I'm going to concentrate on £5 BH + 1 attempt a week to satelllite into the 15k Sky BH
    I'm hoping to meet the same players at the table and learn from my inevitable mistakes by keeping solid records.

• edited December 2012
    Do i firre the river??

Hand History #602946308 (20:44 28/12/2012)
  • edited December 2012
    A shout out to a m8 of mine

good luck to dazwolf and team munky, dazwolf won the sussex masters at rendesvous brighton earlier in year. won 770 last week, 470 last night etc

and is 1st in the main event tonight
  • edited December 2012
    Good evening gentlemen. I hope things are going well for you both.

My New Year's Resolution is to avoid having my soul once again devoured by a woman. It would be nice to make it through another full year. :)

My Poker Resolution is to get back in the game after I tilted off MY ENTIRE BANKROLL last night... It's okay, it's not the first time. I'm quite used to it.... *sigh*

Have a great show chaps. Looking forward to Saturday night Sky Poker again. In the meantime, you two will do. ;)
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Night 2 on Sky Poker TV- live from 7pm with Rich and Stu ***official show thread***:
    ...as for your TV coverage, well, it's another five hour Christmas blockbuster hosted by myself,   Richard Orford  and  Stuart Rutter . From 7 till 8 we'll bring you all the highlights of the final table from last night's UKOPS 1 main event! And then, from 8 it's UKOPS 2 all the wa y, along with phonecalls with players and loads of interaction from you at home. Hand requests from the game, messages of support for players, stories of how you satellited in and progress reports, along with all the usual stuff should be posted on this thread, sent to  skyopen@bskyb.com  or tweeted with #skypokertv
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Please play  this hand and tell me how lucky am i?? hand number is#602970361
  • edited December 2012

Evening Rich and Stu ( Sky Pokers answer to Ant or Dec )

My overall new Years Resolution will be 1920 * 1080 I think.  At my age, with my eyesight, it's got to help.

My Poker resolution will be to continue to enjoy the game.  I am a losing player overall, but play at levels 
    where I can afford to lose what I play, so look upon it as a form of entertainment.  Who knows, I may even get a bit better.  Then again ;)

I also intend to finally play live poker.  Maybe an SPT if I can sat into a seat next year.

Have a good show

Pen Fifteen
  • edited December 2012
    my resolution is to not get angry with my lap top i`m not computer literate in the slightest but had to get one so i could play online of course. hopefully by the end of next year i`ll know what i`m doing if you knew how long its taken me to send this you would laugh. and my poker resolution is to read all the books i`ve bought myself and improve to a good standard the cherry on the icing on the cake would be to play the sky poker live tour and cash once next year . love the show love the game and i love to compete so i`ll see you on the tour hopefully
  • edited December 2012
    Evening both I am watching with diligence and trying to gain as much info as possible. My new years resolution is quite simple really I am going to start to play poker I am yet to play a hand. I got interested after watching my partner. Who knows maybe one day I could be a skypoker name lol merryxmas x 
  • edited December 2012
    After hearing PenFifteen's New Year's resolution I want to change mine for poker! I'm only 18 but I guess I the sooner I man up and experience live poker the better. So to try and satellite into one of the 2013 SPT events is my goal... and to learn to drive so I can get to it! 

Experience is always the key to success and if I get some nice and early, who knows what will happen!
  • edited December 2012
    Gents,

Another great show.

Thanks for showing my friends hand, I did ask yesterday but you didn't get round to it. Tommy will be so happy

Matt
  • edited December 2012
    hi all
    great show can you show this hand i was so quick to call i didnt put my op on his hand because  no reraising pre shouted when he moved on me just didnt buy his hand and felt bad when the turn popped up
     question i have is when he moved on me do i lay the hand down?

hand id   602996221

ps any chance you can ask the poker gods to move yoyo from the left of me please :-)
  • edited December 2012
    Just thought i woud play after listeing to the overlay......and great put on table 2 with all the big chips..... Thanks poker gods!!!!!

hope david doesnt see, thanfully not in hehehe
  • edited December 2012
    wiiiii doubled up first hand :) 0603000115