You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Coin flip spots

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Why during the last 6 practical coin flip alll ins (e.g K7 vs J7/AQ v 55/AK v 44/A10 vs KJ Have I lost every single one?! Beginning to question Onliine poker!

Comments

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Coin flip spots:
    Why during the last 6 practical coin flip alll ins (e.g K7 vs J7/AQ v 55/AK v 44/A10 vs KJ Have I lost every single one?! Beginning to question Onliine poker!
    Posted by Spottyboy
    Think we all go through these bad runs and i think the bes answer you are going to get is "it just happens sometimes".

although just seing the hands like this doesn't help understand how you played them, how did you end up all in with k7 and A10?, even the A Q all in could of been avoided but without seing the hand who knows.

The site is not rigged it just wouldnt make sense they are going to make the rake anyway.

Soooooo i suppose just keep playing and try and run better :)
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Coin flip spots:
    In Response to Coin flip spots : Think we all go through these bad runs and i think the bes answer you are going to get is "it just happens sometimes". although just seing the hands like this doesn't help understand how you played them, how did you end up all in with k7 and A10?, even the A Q all in could of been avoided but without seing the hand who knows. The site is not rigged it just wouldnt make sense they are going to make the rake anyway. Soooooo i suppose just keep playing and try and run better :)
    Posted by wenelinho
    ^^^^^^this

• edited December 2012
    K7 vs J7 isn't a flip (you're a pretty big favourite, like 70%+)

A10 vs KJ isn't a flip either, more like 60/40

But yeah it happens, it's not an issue with online poker, it's just probability at work. If you flip a coin 10 times, there's something like 20% chance it will come out 7+ heads or 7+ tails and 1in5 is not that outrageous.