You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SAT NIGHT UKOPS DAY 3 £25k Bounty Hunter with Fowler and Ryan Spittles 7pm CH861 ****official s

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
Hope you all had a merry one!?  I have literally just got home from the folks.  Glad to see that you have been enjoying UKOPS, and the fun continues tonight with myself and Ryan hosting the live show from 7pm. 

We will be kicking off with coverage from the final table from UKOPS day 2, and then following the main event, the 25k UKOPS 3 Bounty Hunter...all details for which can be found in the lobby.  Don't forget that there are plenty of ways to satelite in for cheaper than the buy in.  GL

We have 2 UKOPS Mini Main seats to give away tonight, and we will give them away to the best answers to;

What are  your most memorable moments of 2012 ?  in your poker game, in sport, from an SPT, on our live show, or in life in  general??

Also we are looking for amazing hands from the main event tonight, please send in your hand IDS to

skyopen@bskyb.com
twitter: #skypokertv

Enjoy the show, good luck on the tables

A xxx

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Hi Anna & Ryan A Happy New Year to both !!!!!

Well i had my usual up and down poker form over the last 12mths best was during the summer 2 top 10 finishes in weds d/s main event and won dtd 3 and came second in the dtd last jan. I also donked my way to a super roller seat which Ryan covered on tv and i missed it ,but then with all the excitment donked my way out of it within 20mins what a disaster that was.....as my email was read out by Richard wishing me luck i exit!!!!!
    In sport i reckon the olympics has the be main event of the year with the Irish boxing team doing so well in particular Katie Taylor
    I have 'nt had the pleasure of attending a spt event as yet but plan this year to cross the pond and if rumours are true you all will be in my hometown Dublin.....

Have a great Show  Dubmaster

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: SAT NIGHT UKOPS DAY 3 £25k Bounty Hunter with Fowler and Ryan Spittles 7pm CH861 ****official show thread****:
    Hi Anna & Ryan A Happy New Year to both !!!!! Well i had my usual up and down poker form over the last 12mths best was during the summer 2 top 10 finishes in weds d/s main event and won dtd 3 and came second in the dtd last jan. I also donked my way to a super roller seat which Ryan covered on tv and i missed it ,but then with all the excitment donked my way out of it within 20mins what a disaster that was.....as my email was read out by Richard wishing me luck i exit!!!!! In sport i reckon the olympics has the be main event of the year with the Irish boxing team doing so well in particular Katie Taylor I have 'nt had the pleasure of attending a spt event as yet but plan this year to cross the pond and if rumours are true you all will be in my hometown Dublin..... Have a great Show  Dubmaster
    Posted by dubmaster
    Thank you dubmaster

And a happy new year to you too :)

A x
  • edited December 2012
    I guess like many others, my highlight of 2012 comes from the Olympic Games.

It isn't, however, one of the obvious ones and doesn't relate to any of our gold medallists.

It is the immediate aftermath of the semi-final of the Womens Under 78kg Judo. Gemma Gibbons had just knocked out the French World Champion (earning Team GB's first Judo medal for 12 years), and looked up to the sky and just mouthed "I love you Mum" in tribute to her mother who had died from leukaemia when Gemma was just 17.
  • edited December 2012
    Hi Anna and Rylan

Sporting highlight of the year for me was going to my second Wrestlemania.  Miami in a convertable was amazing and I got to meet one of my wrestling heros in William Regal and I got pulled by a diva!  Ok it was my beard that technically got pulled but I count it!  Other then that, super Saturday at the Olympics was amazing and something I don't think we will see in any of our lifetimes.

Poker wise things have gone, well better then I could of ever dreamed of.  Winning the DTD in January, A main event in March, Cashing in 25% of my live games played including a 4 figure chop at the SPT Luton Side event.  Oh, I also won a Main event in September on a freeroll.  I remember I may of mentioned it once or twice ;)

From the shows, Carlo commentating on Jimmynolegs was just amazing as was when James Hartigan read out the story about the hanged monkey in Hartlepool!

On a side point, I hear that Maccapacca is out celebrating tonight as Aston Villa turned it around and only lost 3-0 today!

Good luck on the tables everyone and have a great new year
  • edited December 2012
    My most memorable moment of 2012 has to be taking down the ukops rebuy event at the end of October for 6k. Was amazing to get that 1st big win in the game and give me the confidence to mix it up with the best as i had a very tough final table with yoyo, darsum and keysaoza at it.. I was buzzing afterwards letting out a big scream around 3am after i won it causing my dad to wake up not knowing what was going on!  I didnt go to bed till 8am after it i was in so much shock that i actually had won it.
  • edited December 2012
    Keep them coming :)

Don't forget if you satellite in to the main event tonight to let us know how you did so we can give you a shout out 

X
  • edited December 2012
    the highlight of the year has to be seeing a lot of the troups being let home early for xmas 
  • edited December 2012
    Most memorable moment in poker this year was tonight when I was featured briefly on the final table of last night's UKOPS 2 Main Event :-) I went in via a satellite so it was a really good night for me. Very friendly final table so I stayed around with the rest of the railbirds until it finished.

Thanks for pronouncing my name properly - you'd be surpised at some of the attempts I've heard.
  • edited December 2012
    my poker highlight this year was playing in the 6 max spt in nottingham . pitting my wits against rob yong who was raising every pot !! did better than i expected  by finishing 3rd . giving me ultimate bragging rights with my work mates and family members who play poker ...... and also a ickle trophy :)
  • edited December 2012
    Wiiiiiii

Satted into main for 3 quid - did the same yesterday and cashed so hope its a good omen!!!!  - gl with the show - i'm sure it will be a belter

jeff
  • edited December 2012
    Great show as usual guys... most memorable poker moment this year was taking down my first 1st place £750 b/h win begining of december..and have been continuing the success since..happy new year to all @sky poker
    Larry1959
  • edited December 2012
    Good evening Anna, Ryan et al.

The sporting headline of the year would be the exposure of Lance Armstrong and his US Postal Service team for doping. Some see it as a moment of disgrace for cycling but I see it as a moment of redemption. Otherwise it's been a pretty quiet year for sport, I think.

The SPT highlight for me would have been crushing Anna Fowler in a large padded suit but I did'nay get the chance. Meeting a few nice folks at my local at SPT Blackpool was alright, I suppose. The balloons were interesting, especially the pink one. lol

The highlight of the shows would obviously be all the times I've taken the micky out of Hartigan, Orford and Kendall on the show thread. Of course, I've always been nice to Fowler and Spittles.

It's hard to think of any highlights from my own poker game. Nothing to write home about.

Have a great show.
  • edited December 2012
  • edited December 2012

My highlight of 2012 WAS undoubtedly being interviewed by you at Glasgow SPT and being given a sweetie for being well behaved.......

If only my wife had been so understanding the following day :)

Best wishes for 2013 xx
  • edited December 2012
    Hi, was I right to call here, especially with the 2 all ins

Hand no 603405709

Bought in on LR semi final

Oxbowler
  • edited December 2012
    Play this hand in the place of KWD.

Hand ID #603419453

Guess Diamond81's Hand - Testing you here.

10k Pot in UKOPS 3.
  • edited December 2012

Thanks Anna, yes it was me that spat it out...................SORRY xx

• edited December 2012
    Hi both, enjoying the show

Question for Ryan... 

What are your  poker goals for next year in both the live and online arena? 
  • edited December 2012
    Another question for Ry Ry...

Who do you think will make the biggest breakthrough or have the biggest impact next year on the sky poker tables?  

Question for Anna...

After taking a photo, how do I get a blurry background? i.e. I take a photo of an object and I want everything in the background to be blurred with the focus soley being on the object
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: SAT NIGHT UKOPS DAY 3 £25k Bounty Hunter with Fowler and Ryan Spittles 7pm CH861 ****official show thread****:
    Another question for Ry Ry... Who do you think will make the biggest breakthrough or have the biggest impact next year on the sky poker tables?   Question for Anna... After taking a photo, how do I get a blurry background? i.e. I take a photo of an object and I want everything in the background to be blurred with the focus soley being on the object
    Posted by dylan12
    Fb me if u really want to know and I can help :)) something I actually know about ;) x
  • edited December 2012
    can you show my man dazwolf90 cooler please
     main event ukops3 hand id.603480495
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: SAT NIGHT UKOPS DAY 3 £25k Bounty Hunter with Fowler and Ryan Spittles 7pm CH861 ****official show thread**** : Fb me if u really want to know and I can help :)) something I actually know about ;) x
    Posted by MissFowler
    Done, message sent :) 
  • edited December 2012
    Evening Rylan/Anna

My best moment of 2012 is probably the same as all of the other sky players that went to Vegas...it was the old lady running over Wayne's foot in her wheelchair when we were playing limit hold em (yes limit hold em...it is a very painful game!)

She had no clue she had done it and Wayne was in lots of pain!

A close second was just getting in to see Tommy knocked out of the main!

Matt
  • edited December 2012

I bet Tikay loves New Years, given his feelings about Christmas....

Tomorrow's show is going to be chipper with the two of you, isn't it? lol

• edited December 2012

Congratulations to CENACHA and WADE1993 who both win free entry in to tomorrow night's UKOPS Mini Event! Good luck!!