You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

guyes shoving

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat

in the last few days i have got quite a lot of people who just shove preflop from around 8pm also i noticed lots of the average pots are above £1.
could it be that from around 8:30pm on fridays and saturdays do the micro stakes tables get a lot of maniacs who just want to shove preflop?
the reason i ask is i am trying to get better with my betting so the last thing i want is to be on at the times when you get lots of maniac who shove preflop.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    This will improve your calling ranges

You will learn to call lighter than normal to win free money

You just have to adapt to different playing styles, u cant always practice perfect betting as each scenario you face on every table is different.

I would prefer to be on a table of maniac shovers than nits who only get it in with sets
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to guyes shoving:
    in the last few days i have got quite a lot of people who just shove preflop from around 8pm also i noticed lots of the average pots are above £1. could it be that from around 8:30pm on fridays and saturdays do the micro stakes tables get a lot of maniacs who just want to shove preflop? the reason i ask is i am trying to get better with my betting so the last thing i want is to be on at the times when you get lots of maniac who shove preflop.
    Posted by craigcu12

No! This is exactly what you want.