You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Timed Tournament Flap-Up

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
So, earlier I was played in a £22 buy-in 30 min timed tournament. I wanted to play it and go to bed. I'm playing far too much poker at the moment. Anyway, after 30 mins - I was hovering around average stacked -  nothing happened. By that, I mean the tournament kept going. And kept going. I checked in the lobby and it confirmed it was a 30 minute timed tournament, players are paid after that time relative to their chip stacks etc. But then in the blinds/prizes bit it said that the top 3 were paid. 
I decided to keep playing.
After an hour or so I got onto the final table and to the last 4 and the blinds had been stagnant for half an hour or so. Someone who had been playing earlier popped up in the chat and said he'd spoken to someone at Sky and that the original payouts - i.e. what we had after 30 mins - stood. So I shoved the next hand with muck and went out.
My account hasn't been credited. I spoke to someone on the Sky help chat thing and go nowhere. I kept the window of the tournament open and as the final 3 players went out it said they got £120, £170 and £240 respectively - or whatever the exact amounts were. I got nothing. Very frustrating, the whole thing. 
Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks if you can help and apologies for the slightly long-winded and whiny post. 

Comments

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Timed Tournament Flap-Up:
    So, earlier I was played in a £22 buy-in 30 min timed tournament. I wanted to play it and go to bed. I'm playing far too much poker at the moment. Anyway, after 30 mins - I was hovering around average stacked -  nothing happened. By that, I mean the tournament kept going. And kept going. I checked in the lobby and it confirmed it was a 30 minute timed tournament, players are paid after that time relative to their chip stacks etc. But then in the blinds/prizes bit it said that the top 3 were paid.  I decided to keep playing. After an hour or so I got onto the final table and to the last 4 and the blinds had been stagnant for half an hour or so. Someone who had been playing earlier popped up in the chat and said he'd spoken to someone at Sky and that the original payouts - i.e. what we had after 30 mins - stood. So I shoved the next hand with muck and went out. My account hasn't been credited. I spoke to someone on the Sky help chat thing and go nowhere. I kept the window of the tournament open and as the final 3 players went out it said they got £120, £170 and £240 respectively - or whatever the exact amounts were. I got nothing. Very frustrating, the whole thing.  Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks if you can help and apologies for the slightly long-winded and whiny post. 
    Posted by SR23
    I SR23
    If you report it to Customer Care via live chat, explain to them it should have been a 30min timed tourney as per the description and also give them the tourney ID, they should be able to deal with it.

• edited December 2012
    Thanks Pokertrev. I did speak to live chat but they kept saying the same thing, which essentially was: If you were owed prize money then it will hit your account when the tournament ends. To which I kept saying the tournament was a 30 min timed tournament which started over an hour ago. Then they said they couldn't help me. 
    Think I might have to send an email. 
  • edited December 2012
    SR23 - I am sure that this will be rectified in the morning when the poker team at HQ are back at their desks.
  • edited December 2012
    they have to pay out the published structure
  • edited December 2012

Morning SR.

Customer Care will sort this, but in the interim, I will send this Thread upstairs so as to ensure it is seeen by the right people, & the correct payouts made as appropriate.

Apologies that this did not go as it should have done.

• edited December 2012
    Morning,

Our sincere apologies for this, there was an error in the setup of this particular tournament.
    We have calculated the correct payouts and they will be credited to your account and all others that are owed money, shortly.

Again - apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards
    Lee
  • edited December 2012
    hi sr23
    sorry about the info i posted on the chat last night but it was what i was told i have been in touch with them this morning to and have been told there was a error in that game and that it will be paid out correctly asap this afternoon.

like i said sorry if the info i gave you was incorrect and u pushed on that info .
    look forward to seeing you on the tables soon bud.
  • edited December 2012
    Thanks very much everyone - seems like my account has been credited appropriately. 
    Cheers Chefboy - see you on the tables.