You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live - standard?

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Live game 50/1 playing closer to 1/2
Been straddling but don't in this hand.

open utg 67 diamonds to 4, standard raise has been more like 7 or 8 on this table.
Button is a bankroll supply player, been super aggressive on button.
He makes it 12, sb and bb come along and i peel.

Bankroll guy comments that he thought the staddle was on.

Flop is 7 4 3 ( 2 diamonds )

I lead for 18
Bankroll repops to 50

Blinds get out of the way

I have 270 left covering bankroll

We?

First thought was shove.
I think against a decent player i'm folding out overpairs and if he does call i've plenty of outs.
Pre is obviously not great but it's live and once bankrolls raise gets two calls i'm happy to peel.

I do shove and gulp as he says call and that he has a set.
I get lucky and hit straight on turn and fade river.

I think it was a fairly standard hand from both of us?

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Probably a silly question but what is a bankroll supply player?

And FWIW i get it in here. Had a similar-ish scenario where I got it in last night in 1/2 cash. Have 45 diamonds in cut off. UTG opens for 10, gets flat in 4 spots. Flop comes down 3d6d8h. Gets donk led into by BB for 30, called in 2 spots and I jam for 250. Get flat by Jacks in BB and turn a straight with 7h. River is a slightly scary Tc but im not expecting someone to show up with a 9 here.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Live - standard?:
    Probably a silly question but what is a bankroll supply player? And FWIW i get it in here. Had a similar-ish scenario where I got it in last night in 1/2 cash. Have 45 diamonds in cut off. UTG opens for 10, gets flat in 4 spots. Flop comes down 3d6d8h. Gets donk led into by BB for 30, called in 2 spots and I jam for 250. Get flat by Jacks in BB and turn a straight with 7h. River is a slightly scary Tc but im not expecting someone to show up with a 9 here.
    Posted by mj8bs
    Hi

Bankroll supply, back and mentor online players amongst other things
  • edited December 2012
    Yea id raise to like 130 give him a chance to do something crazy if hes bluffing instead of just jamming over the top.