You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£10 Hyper

edited December 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Seen as we don't get much HU SnG action posted here I thought I'd start...

Pretty happy with checking the flop with the intention of calling (at this stage).

Do you prefer a bet on the turn once he's checked the flop behind?

Can the river only be a flush? Can't see him not c-betting Ax or Tx, so can only think flush or maybe like 67
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
X Small blind   10.00 10.00 490.00
Lambert180 Big blind   20.00 30.00 480.00
  Your hole cards
  • J

X Raise   30.00 60.00 460.00
Lambert180 Call   20.00 80.00 460.00
Flop

• A

Lambert180 Check        
X Check        
Turn

Lambert180 Check        
X Check        
River

Lambert180 Bet   40.00 120.00 420.00
X Raise   80.00 200.00 380.00
Lambert180 Fold        
X Muck        
X Win   160.00   540.00
X Return   40.00 0.00 580.00

Comments

• edited December 2012
    I cant really give advice at these as im terrible at them, but i would bet the turn for value as we very likely have the best hand.

As played you should fold as your not beating anything, but if your gonna play a few games with this player it might be worth a call just to see the flush, just to check they are not capable of weird bluffs. 
  • edited December 2012

it might have been better to do a  40bet/F right away as any one with an A would probably want to raise on flops which has flush draws, while someone with flush draws wouldn't want to drain too much incase it doesn't come so would only raise with a pair as well as a flush draw
    your way of playing the flop is understandable, it was probably best to then go for a 40 bet on the turn followed by 40/f on the river
    as for this way i think greghogg is right about the call on the river as he might have thought you tried bluffing that flush  and his raise might have been two picture cards or a differant flush draw

• edited December 2012

b/f turn biggish.

b/f river. 
  • edited December 2012
    Yeah, not sure why I didn't bet the turn tbh.

@Craig - The reason I don't bet the flop is because I'm not the pre-flop raiser and villian will c-bet alot of the time whether he's hit or not so I can get more money in when I've got the best hand by checking. I don't donkbet in these very often tbh and if I do it here, there's not much worse that can call me.
  • edited December 2012
    Bet turn check call river imo.  Can see theres an argument for betting river as were losing value by checking but i think its better to check call to give him a chance to bluff.
  • edited December 2012
    First: 27/3/2012
    Last: 30/12/2012
    Bet turn check call river imo.  Can see theres an argument for betting river as were losing value by checking but i think its better to check call to give him a chance to bluff.

this imo
  • edited December 2012
    Just can't see many hands at all that he would go check, check, bluff with... what are they?

He probably either jsut checks the river too with some showdown value like a random PP or gives up with complete air, like KQ
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: £10 Hyper:
    Just can't see many hands at all that he would go check, check, bluff with... what are they? He probably either jsut checks the river too with some showdown value like a random PP or gives up with complete air, like KQ
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hard to define his range as he is passive on the flop but calls on the turn.  So im looking to get to cheap showdown on the river.  Dont get me wrong i still think we have the best hand just puts us in an awkward spot on the river if he raises.  Think you made the right fold on the river even tho its a minimum raise as it has to be a value raise by him.
  • edited December 2012
    No wait sorry misread hand you checked turn think you have to bet turn here.  But as you have checked the turn then yea you definately have to bet the river
  • edited December 2012
    bet turn

bet river, sigh if oppo raises - but obv fold