You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bankroll

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
Hi been playing poker for about 3 months now just getting to know the ropes and am looking to play more serious. Just a question about building a bankroll and starting on 2p 4p cash tables any ideas what a good starting bankroll would be 

Comments

• edited December 2012
    For 2p/4p, I think £40 is fine as long as you're

A) Competent
    B) Willing to re-deposit if necessary.

If you want a bit more wiggle room, try £70-£80
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Bankroll:
    Hi been playing poker for about 3 months now just getting to know the ropes and am looking to play more serious. Just a question about building a bankroll and starting on 2p 4p cash tables any ideas what a good starting bankroll would be 
    Posted by moyle06
    Hi moyle06,
    £40-£50 sounds about right as Lambert also says.i started myself with £50.
    i would start playing DYM's myself,(double your money) to build a b/roll up.
    playing cash can be a 'mine field' especially for newish players,but that's just my opinion obviously.
    dym's are relatively simple to get to grips with in comparison to cash.
    you can start at the £1 or £2 levels and work up to the £3's which then only take 10% rake.
    obviously if u r intent on playing cash then that's fine,and good luck with it.
    i'm simply pointing out to you there are other options available,which could be better for you.
    gl anyway,hope it goes well for you and most importantly that you enjoy it.i'm sure you will.
    :)
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    P.S. If you do decide to go with 2p/4p which I do think is a good way to build a roll if you can play a ton of tables and do it well, then you HAVE to read this...

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-school/beat-small-stakes-cash-games-1?tracking=pokersleftnav

Written by Dohhhhhh, great guide
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Bankroll:
    In Response to Bankroll : Hi moyle06, £40-£50 sounds about right as Lambert also says.i started myself with £50. i would start playing DYM's myself,(double your money) to build a b/roll up. playing cash can be a 'mine field' especially for newish players,but that's just my opinion obviously. dym's are relatively simple to get to grips with in comparison to cash. you can start at the £1 or £2 levels and work up to the £3's which then only take 10% rake. obviously if u r intent on playing cash then that's fine,and good luck with it. i'm simply pointing out to you there are other options available,which could be better for you. gl anyway,hope it goes well for you and most importantly that you enjoy it.i'm sure you will. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Thanks for reply any information is good information for me and will look into this thanks
  • edited December 2012
    the norm is 25x the max buying to have as a brankrol. 

so 100pound but i think that too much. 

start with 50max and 2 table 4nl till  u got 20 buyins for 8nl (£160) then move up. as so on

oh yeh a don't cashout if u can help it. 

gl =)
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Bankroll:
    the norm is 25x the max buying to have as a brankrol.  so 100pound but i think that too much.  start with 50max and 2 table 4nl till  u got 20 buyins for 8nl (£160) then move up. as so on oh yeh a don't cashout if u can help it.  gl =)
    Posted by D_Legend
    Thanks for info really like this site because friendly and get good advice