You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE UKOPS MAIN EVENT SHOW! Live and exclusive on Sky Poker TV from 7 with Rich and Tikay ***official

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
Greetings all,

Hope you're still loving your Xmas hols and I KNOW you're loving Christmas UKOPS! 

And it doesn't get any bigger than this tonight: it's the

£40,000 GTD XMAS UKOPS MAIN EVENT!

The big game starts at 8- and it's going to be epic! Make sure you have a shot at that gigantic first prize and, if the £110 buy-in is a little too steep for you, remember there are satellites running all the way now till almost 10pm for as little as £3!

Comments

• edited December 2012
    ...as for your TV coverage, it's one of the biggest nights of the year- so they've got in the best. Me. Yes, technically they got in Anna first. And yes, because Anna is poorly they've had to resort to me, but I have no doubt that still means I'm important. Whilst I wrestle with my insecurities, let me also commiserate you further by telling you I will be paired up with Bad Santa himself, Tikay.

From 7 till 8 we'll bring you all the highlights of the final table from last night's UKOPS 3!

And then, from 8 it's THE MAIN EVENT all the way, along with phonecalls with players and loads of interaction from you at home.

Hand requests from the game, messages of support for players, stories of how you satellited in and progress reports, along with all the usual stuff should be posted on this thread, sent to skyopen@bskyb.com or tweeted with#skypokertv
  • edited December 2012
    We also have 6 seats into Thursday's mini bounty-hunter to give away

They'll go to good hand requests from the big game tonight and our favourite answers to this topic:

New Year's Eve stories
    Which New Year's Eve sticks out in your mind and why? Was it because it was spectacularly good or woefully bad? What's the most memorable circumstances you've been in to see in the midnight chimes of the New Year?

Try and keep any stories shortish please, if they're too long I won't be able to read them all out. But please send in anything amusing for a shot at a free poker seat and some good quality air-time to the nation.
    Get your answers in for that and I'll see at 7pm tonight!
  • edited December 2012

All the good presenters and analysts must of been busy tonight hey!

I missed Thursday night's UKOPS games but have played all 8 since and I am hopefully playing all four tonight. I have relied on the sats to get into most of them, so I am showing some profit overall. 

NYE story. 

I will try and keep this as short as poss. 
    A few years ago, I was working away in Northwich with two of my mates. As we were not locals, we decided to go out on NYE in fancy dress. I reluctantly agreed and off we ventured out.....me dressed as a gorilla and my two other mates as a pantomime cow!!
    We had some strange looks but on the whole, had a great night out with landlords often giving us free drinks for being brave enough to be the only ones in costumes in a few of the pubs!
    At stupid o'oclock in the morning we were stumbling back home down this main road through the town. A police car pulled up along side us just as I had decided to climb a tree. He wound down his window....took one look at the situation with me up the tree with a cow at the bottom of it, shook his head, and drove on. He obv didn't fancy writing that report up! 

Hope you both have a great 2013! 
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: THE UKOPS MAIN EVENT SHOW! Live and exclusive on Sky Poker TV from 7 with Rich and Tikay ***official show thread***:
    All the good presenters and analysts must of been busy tonight hey! I missed Thursday night's UKOPS games but have played all 8 since and I am hopefully playing all four tonight. I have relied on the sats to get into most of them, so I am showing some profit overall.  NYE story.  I will try and keep this as short as poss.  A few years ago, I was working away in Northwich with two of my mates. As we were not locals, we decided to go out on NYE in fancy dress. I reluctantly agreed and off we ventured out.....me dressed as a gorilla and my two other mates as a pantomime cow!! We had some strange looks but on the whole, had a great night out with landlords often giving us free drinks for being brave enough to be the only ones in costumes in a few of the pubs! At stupid o'oclock in the morning we were stumbling back home down this main road through the town. A police car pulled up along side us just as I had decided to climb a tree. He wound down his window....took one look at the situation with me up the tree with a cow at the bottom of it, shook his head, and drove on. He obv didn't fancy writing that report up!  Hope you both have a great 2013
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Fascinating Northwich fact - they have salt mines in Northwich. 

PS - HNY to you, too, Alan.  
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: THE UKOPS MAIN EVENT SHOW! Live and exclusive on Sky Poker TV from 7 with Rich and Tikay ***official show thread***:
    All the good presenters and analysts must of been busy tonight hey! I missed Thursday night's UKOPS games but have played all 8 since and I am hopefully playing all four tonight. I have relied on the sats to get into most of them, so I am showing some profit overall.  NYE story.  I will try and keep this as short as poss.  A few years ago, I was working away in Northwich with two of my mates. As we were not locals, we decided to go out on NYE in fancy dress. I reluctantly agreed and off we ventured out.....me dressed as a gorilla and my two other mates as a pantomime cow!! We had some strange looks but on the whole, had a great night out with landlords often giving us free drinks for being brave enough to be the only ones in costumes in a few of the pubs! At stupid o'oclock in the morning we were stumbling back home down this main road through the town. A police car pulled up along side us just as I had decided to climb a tree. He wound down his window....took one look at the situation with me up the tree with a cow at the bottom of it, shook his head, and drove on. He obv didn't fancy writing that report up!  Hope you both have a great 2013! 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Like that one, Alan!
  • edited December 2012

So, Rich, you decided not to reciprocate Alan's "Happy New Year" wish?

• edited December 2012
    Glad to have the biscuits with us on UKOPS nite - Rich T !

From a quarter of a century ago one new years eve around a dozen of us went out for several beers and being the youngsters we all were in those times, all eventually crammed together in one room. My mate who i was sleeping next to had had a quiet xmas on account of having a sinus operation on boxing day and his nose was understandably tender. During the night i awoke in the pitch black room and saw the equivalent of a pink elephant dancing across the other sleeping occupants. I awoke my friend to advise of this fearsome sight, who of course replied, "What u on about, where?" i replied "THERE!!" thrusting my arm out forcefully to point the way, simultaneously crashing past his face through this nose and undoing all the surgeons good work! He forgave me eventually!!

Good luck to everyone to nite, hope u run as bad as me!

Memfno
  • edited December 2012

I never remember NYE TBH.... but I do have a hand from the micro ukops earlier.

Hit a royal, but was it a totally bad call on my part?? I think I'd have to fold in a bigger BI game but I couldn't there... is that very wrong because of the possible draws or should I put him on a made hand?

Merry crimbo :)

Hand History #603769183 (18:39 30/12/2012)

• edited December 2012

hi rich, tikay,

on this tv table... should i have shoved or not?  it was a bubble play

have a good night

Hand History #603780719 (19:01 30/12/2012)

• edited December 2012
    Haha Rich... obv not fold a royal.... fold the flop ;) am I too much of a fish ;)
  • edited December 2012

is the answer to tikay's question, "what does a hamster eat that no other animal eats?"

answer: "other hamsters"

• edited December 2012
    Hi guys... first off thnx for the free entry into the mini..managed to cash in it with a win of about £30..with place and head prizes.
    My NYE story is, one year I dressed as an RAF officer. On the way home, being a little worse for wear,after walking 3 miles towards home, decided to take a rest, but fell asleep on a bench. The next thing I know, I am being put in the back of a military wagon with MP's either side of me... It took me ages to explain to them that I was actually a civvy... and bless their cotton socks they took me home..I've never dressed in a military or police uniform since...Happy New Year to you all..
    Larry1959
  • edited December 2012
     603773782 From the Micro tonight.  I put the shover on a squeeze play.  Was I right to fold after they were called once?
    I have no New Years Eve stories I can share.  All mine that I can remember are strictly non family friendly and I wouldn't want to offend anyone!  Oh and if Mr Thew is playing the all in sats then there is no hope for us mortals in them with his run good!
    Have a great New Year and remember, whatever happens, HAVE FUN TONIGHT!
  • edited December 2012
    Having spent nearly the full buy in on satelites, finally got in during a £2.40 frenzy !  thanks Sky.
  • edited December 2012
    good evening Richard and Tikay
    i am still a novice to poker 18months experience through sky poker came 21st in mini last night, so was quite happy.
    have entered mini tonight hoping 2 cash again, could u wish me luck and any advice would be welcome.
    good luck 2 everyone in the main and the mini.
    all the best 4 the new year everyone.
    rainman397 
  • edited December 2012
    Hi All looking forward to tonights main, should be fun as its a freeroll for me thanks.

• edited December 2012
    What events are the Jackpot tonight, a bit confusing ?
  • edited December 2012
    hi Richard and tk great show as always.. out of the micro with pocket 10s gutted.. got my my money back though from knocking out 3 people so not to bad.. in bounty hunter now  wish me luck.. still trying to figure out tk question haha
  • edited December 2012
    Evening Richard, Tikay.

During play, I look at the leadorboard and see around 300 players left in a tournament. I have a decent hand and knowing the tournament willl last around another 6 hours + I get adventorous and call an all-in. I know it is not the correct play but I get very very bored and have that 'If I go out I go out and if I don't I don't' kind of attitude. Is there anyway to cure boredom other than watching your fabulous show of course! 
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to THE UKOPS MAIN EVENT SHOW! Live and exclusive on Sky Poker TV from 7 with Rich and Tikay ***official show thread***:
    Greetings all, Hope you're still loving your Xmas hols and I KNOW you're loving   Christmas UKOPS!   And it doesn't get any bigger than this tonight: it's the £40,000 GTD XMAS UKOPS MAIN EVENT! The big game starts at 8- and it's going to be epic! Make sure you have a shot at that gigantic first prize and, if the £110 buy-in is a little too steep for you, remember there are satellites running all the way now till almost 10pm for as little as £3!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    HI Rich and TK, can you play this hand and was it a good fold? hand #603840149
  • edited December 2012
    dissappointed in our walk encylepedia Tikay.... Collumton is on the M5 north bound between Exeter and Taunton
    Larry1959
  • edited December 2012
    cullumpton is in devon
  • edited December 2012

Hand ID 0603856140 from Main.

Should I raise pre....bet out on flop....raise turn?
  • edited December 2012
    Hi Tikay and Rich,

Have satellited in for £3, so way out of my comfort zone. Still in at the break. Trying to think of it as a £3 tourney which is my usual buy in. 

Really enjoying the advice from the show.

Thanks

Ruth

• edited December 2012
    Well im still in at the 1st break, got what i would call a tough table, Mrburns4, boonicon, lolufold and a couple of others i dont know.  Im holding my own i think, and have taken a couple of nice pots off Redmond.....

So Thanks Rich.

• edited December 2012
    Hi Guys - great show as always

satted into main for £3 on fri and sat and spookily finished( in the cash) both times by finishing 20th in both

Quallied for the M/E 2nite  so looking for the hat trick

perhaps hand 603854158 might be worth a look - not bragging but would like feedback on my play please

happy New Year to you both and all in DTD

cheers

jeff
  • edited December 2012
    603874102   ouch
  • edited December 2012
    Hi guys, hamsters sometimes eat their own waste (a polite way of putting it!).
  • edited December 2012
      Hi again guys

Thanks for the advise tk on hand shown - i am fully aware about making notes lol and know  exactly how matbates plays - I was always going all the way in and just wanted him to hang himself a little - got all the chips so all good

cheers 
    jeff