You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash hand, some basic issues, n mid/high level advice wanted. thanx

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
246Dino Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £65.78
rupert1969 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £91.12
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • K

smogieboy Fold     
echo701 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £2.00 £2.75 £39.65
P.1 Call  £2.00 £4.75 £11.33
P.2Call  £1.75 £6.50 £64.03
rupert1969 Fold     
Flop

• K
  • Q

246Dino Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £4.50 £11.00 £35.15
P1 Call  £4.50 £15.50 £6.83
P2Fold     
Turn

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £7.00 £22.50 £28.15
P.1All-in  £6.83 £29.33 £0.00
DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  £0.17 £29.16 £28.32
DOHHHHHHH Show
  • J
  • K

SLIPPERY25 Show
  • A
  • A

River

• J

DOHHHHHHH Win Two Pairs, Kings and Jacks £27.71  £56.03
I sucked out, but some issus within the pot id like adresseing, some I know the answer to, but one imparticular i'd like advice on.

The fella has 15 quid, at 25/50p cash ?
he flats me pre, AND on the flop with AA?
Obviously calls my turn bet....
The issue I'm looking for help on, and another thing thats really bugging me....
Jack King pre flop in the cut off at an un-raised cash pot.....Watching mastercash last night heard tikay say its an auto raise in that position with those sort of hands (think the particular hand was jq suited at a 10/20 table)

anyway....is it? I'm much more comfortable raising with 23 suited here, coz it doesnt get ya in bother.?

Also, raising in the cut off, tryin to 'buy' the button...it's amazing how many times recently ive been CALLED on the button...is there an argument for making a different sized raise every single time in a certain position? standard raise pre is 4 x bb 6 handed for me.....

in the cut off cud i make it 5x bb wether i have aa or 23?

advice plz, I know i sucked out in the hand thats nt the point, his stack size raises an issue tho.

if it doesnt work properly, this the first time ive posted a hand, thanx for reading, DOHH

Comments

• edited November 2009

The player with AA has only sat with 15 in a max sit down game  of 50 , so hes looking to double through with someone else (you) doing the betting, so's not to lose his customer .. It's a big gamble but obviously if he's playing short then thats the way he would play it, had he sat with 50 he would almost certainly have re-raised pre-flop to get either heads up or take the pot there knowing if he gets a caller he will bet hard on the flop .. 
    The question of KJ or QJ sooted in the "cut off"  has a thousand ways of  being played depending on your knowledge of the players at your table    ie; action table or passive table    glk :))
  • edited November 2009
    I just love the play by player 1.
    He joined the table short stacked and got exactly what he wanted early in the session.
    There was nothing wrong with your play. He just out-played you with this hand.
    There are a lot of players who play short handed just to get this situation, but it doesn't always work.
  • edited November 2009

well he didnt outplay me, he outplayed himself.

The issue I raised about bet size and position and the relationship between the 2 was the one I wanted addressing, the other issues were there as general advice as Ive read a couple of posts by new cash players this aft.

By the way the fella re loaded straight away to 15 quid. - Krazy stuff surely this isnt a winning strategy. Y not have belief and confidence in urself to play proper poker, if not at these stakes, at stakes where 15 beans is a solid buy in.

DOHH

• edited November 2009
    after u had raised pre i think u played it well, there's so many hands the villian could have been calling you with
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Cash hand, some basic issues, n mid/high level advice wanted. thanx:
    By the way the fella re loaded straight away to 15 quid. - Krazy stuff surely this isnt a winning strategy. Y not have belief and confidence in urself to play proper poker, if not at these stakes, at stakes where 15 beans is a solid buy in. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I can see what your saying but it would be interesting to see the maths on this, I am of the school of thought that you can sit fairly short at a 6 max table and find some good value spots with little risk... perhaps the player feels more comfortable playing this relative stack, some might argue it is not favourable though as you reduce alot of the thought that makes the game of poker so good. 

wondering wether the player would stay and play deeper if he got the double????
  • edited November 2009
    Standard imo

You played it fine, got unlucky in a lot of respects for him to have AA in that spot, as .25/.50 short stackers are prob calling you down way lighter.

nh, wp.
  • edited November 2009
      J-K OFF and playing poker at the same time is never a good idea imo---very hard to concentrate at the crucial part of play--hope this helps
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Cash hand, some basic issues, n mid/high level advice wanted. thanx:
      J-K OFF and playing poker at the same time is never a good idea imo---very hard to concentrate at the crucial part of play--hope this helps
    Posted by oynutter
    icwudt
  • edited November 2009

It's standard stuff - the guy was "shorting", as I'm sure you well know. Very common nowadays, & a science in itself.
  • edited November 2009
    It's standard stuff - the guy was "shorting", as I'm sure you well know. Very common nowadays, & a science in itself.
    Posted by Tikay10
    yea but seen more at 9 or 10 max tables, bit strange to short 6 max... maybe he likes rollercoaster rides.