You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£11 Turbo MTT - TPTK - 50xBB deep

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I prob flat ott, but he seems to have committed himself so I guess either is fine, but I've seen people do this a few times and I shove, and they fold which is annoying, but it's fine

obv youre never folding if thats what youre asking

Comments

• edited December 2012
    I think I played this like a bit or a moron tbh, but in the vein of not being results orientated, how do you think I should have played this.

Very early on as it's a turbo so maybe 10 mins in and I joined in late reg too so played abuot 2 orbits but I know the villian a bit already. Aint played him loads but know he's a pretty solid straight forward player, doesn't get out of line too often but not a complete nit-fest... which is half the reason I hate how I played it but anyway...

The donkbet put me off kilter and it all went awry from there.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    dantb10 Small blind   20.00 20.00 1980.00
    XXX Big blind   40.00 60.00 1960.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

mastahead Fold        
    68Trebor Fold        
    Lambert180 Raise   120.00 180.00 2105.00
    zulu254 Fold        
    dantb10 Call   100.00 280.00 1880.00
    XXX Call   80.00 360.00 1880.00
    Flop

• Q
    • K

dantb10 Check        
    XXX Bet   270.00 630.00 1610.00
    Lambert180 Call   270.00 900.00 1835.00
    dantb10 Fold        
    Turn

XXX Bet   675.00 1575.00 935.00
    Lambert180 All-in   1835.00 3410.00 0.00
    XXX All-in   935.00 4345.00 0.00

• edited December 2012
    Well I aint folding this deep, just not sure if jamming the turn is gonna get called by much worse even though his bet is pretty committing, didn't know if I should just flat again.
  • edited December 2012
    don't think it makes a difference because he's definitely calling with all his K's, and prob his draws after committing so much and it being a turbo etc...
  • edited December 2012
    HI L,
    Well its early in a turbo and though i don't play 'em, i suppose aggression is the key. As you say the donk bet's a bit funny but i suppose you should ask yourself what sb would call with. Bb is priced in i suppose but should have something(picture cards, suited connectors, sppr etc)
    You flop TPTK. After the donk i'd be tempted to min rer to bring it to heads up or win pot outright and let him see you have a hand. I've seen some bb's donk with middle pr or say 99 and feel obliged to bluff bet on turn too. The rer would make you the aggressor unless he ai's or 4 bets at which stage you can fold feeling confident of being behind, probably to trip 3's or two pair. Looking at it JT of diamonds would fit the betting imo and you'd still be ahead.
    It's horrible when your best flop comes and the donk bet flies off the bat, isn't it?
  • edited December 2012
    flatting to keep all his worse value hands in, and his draws, and doesnt give away the strength of our hand >>>> raising to potentially make him fold his worse hands, there's very few draws so we can just call down and let him own himself
  • edited December 2012
    Think you played it perfectly fine. Whether we flat the turn or play it how you have makes very little difference imo.
  • edited December 2012
    Personally im just calling down rather than raising to keep in all his worse hands.
  • edited December 2012
    either is fine, probs just call down
  • edited January 2013
    i would try call it down, but if you called and he went all in on the river i guess your going to have to commit anyway