You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Giving up MTTs for a while, Can't take these constant beats in the latter stages of the big tourneys

Dont tell me it evens itself out because how many big mtts are there on here a year. I might sick someone in £5 sattalite to make it even.
Don't usually moan but when it keeps happening at the worst time it is ****** annoying.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Again in the main event down to 31 runners and this happens.
    What the **** can I do. Happening here and live. Do all the hard work getting to the important stages and get kicked in the teeth over and over again.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancenohomersSmall blind 4000.004000.00204010.56maisie10Big blind 8000.0012000.00101909.93 Your hole cardsQQ   HiJokerFold    jonjo75Raise 16000.0028000.00124103.19lordbobbyRaise 32000.0060000.0078655.00nohomersFold    maisie10Fold    jonjo75All-in 124103.19184103.190.00lordbobbyAll-in 78655.00262758.190.00jonjo75Unmatched bet 29448.19233310.0029448.19jonjo75ShowQQ   lordbobbyShow77   Flop  6A10   Turn  7   River  6   lordbobbyWinFull House, 7s and 6s233310.00 233310.00
  • edited December 2012
    See you all in the 10k BH tomorrow :-)
  • edited December 2012
    vul in that hand m8 i`m the same most mtts i`ve been gettin to last 2/3 tables in good shape and get it in dominating like overpair vs small pair or ak vs aj and losing not won a big mtt in over a year really annoying hope it changes in the new year.
  • edited December 2012
    i feel for you guys you can kinda handle it if you make a mistake or a bad call but it hurts when u get your money in good and they hit a 2 outta ! i used to go mental when it happened to me but i just shrug it of and move on.and not dwelling on it seems to have improved my game a bit,i didnt cash in any of the ukops but won a 5k bounty hunter week before xmas which i satted into for 11 quid boosted my confidence and final tabled about 4 or five decent tourneys.i think dealing with bad beats is tough but mentally you just need to move on. good luck in 2013 and run better !
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Giving up MTTs for a while, Can't take these constant beats in the latter stages of the big tourneys.:
    i feel for you guys you can kinda handle it if you make a mistake or a bad call but it hurts when u get your money in good and they hit a 2 outta ! i used to go mental when it happened to me but i just shrug it of and move on.and not dwelling on it seems to have improved my game a bit,i didnt cash in any of the ukops but won a 5k bounty hunter week before xmas which i satted into for 11 quid boosted my confidence and final tabled about 4 or five decent tourneys.i think dealing with bad beats is tough but mentally you just need to move on. good luck in 2013 and run better !
    Posted by rivermunky
    Easily said when the above is the case lol. Variance in MTTs can be horribly cruel and some people just never happen to get their luck when they need/want it cos that's just chance.

Doesn't affect me really cos I don't play many MTTs but MTT variance can be so brutal regardless of how good a player you are. Like OP said, chance can mean that the times you run good may be in a £2 MTT and the times you run bad might be in the MEs, or if you're lucky it could be the reverse, but that's poker innit. That's why I'd hate to just be an MTT player.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Giving up for a while, Can't take these constant beats in the latter stages of big tourneys.:
    Dont tell me it evens itself out because how many big mtts are there on here a year. I might sick someone in £5 sattalite to make it even. Don't usually moan but when it keeps happening at the worst time it is ****** annoying.
    Posted by jonjo75

mate i totally feel your pain, i am going through the same thing.  Had  a decent few months (fish on a heater)but been awful awful awful few months thereafter.  Hoping it evens itself out very ****ing soon.

glglglgl
  • edited January 2013