You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

live games

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
was playing a home game on nye and just wanted to know, in live cash games do u had to show ur cards every time it goes to show down.

or can the person who has the losing hand can just muck without showing? 

Comments

• edited January 2013
    In Response to live games:
    was playing a home game on nye and just wanted to know, in live cash games do u had to show ur cards every time it goes to show down. or can the person who has the losing hand can just muck without showing? 
    Posted by D_Legend
    The person who initiated the last action, I believe, MUST show his hand. So, if you're OOP, bet the river and get called, you have to show your hand. The guy who called you, however, can just muck his hand here (assuming you're good ofc!)
  • edited January 2013
    Depends really, There is alot of "unwritten" and "written" rules of cash game poker,
    usually if you know your beat then you just fold, however, I believe a player can request to see your hand if you are OOP and bet and get called and you know your beat but its all about having some decorum really.
  • edited January 2013
    Personally at showdown if opponent says my hands good I will never ask to see his cards.
  • edited January 2013
    ah ok yeh because it was a game with friends and i made a super hero call on the river, he had the nuts and i muck my hand. (as i had position)

then we a long disbute about if i have to show my hand just because he wanted to know what i had.