You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

hmm did i play this bad?

i put them both on flush draws, expected the pre flop raise was an attempt to blind steal from the button so i thought a call here was a good decision

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
katiebabySmall blind 200.00200.0010035.00
loolololloBig blind 400.00600.0023625.00
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • K

twoducksFold    
PEACEPAWFold    
BrandnewRaise 800.001400.004822.50
katiebabyCall 600.002000.009435.00
loolololloCall 400.002400.0023225.00
Flop

• J

katiebabyBet 400.002800.009035.00
loolololloRaise 1200.004000.0022025.00
BrandnewAll-in 4822.508822.500.00
katiebabyCall 4422.5013245.004612.50
loolololloCall 3622.5016867.5018402.50
Turn

katiebabyCheck    
loolololloBet 16867.5033735.001535.00
katiebabyAll-in 4612.5038347.500.00
loolololloUnmatched bet 12255.0026092.5013790.00
katiebabyShow

loolololloShow
  • J
  • K

BrandnewShow
  • Q
  • Q

River

katiebabyWinThree 4s26092.50 26092.50

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Were not deep enough to peel here decent spot to jam pre hes playing around 22 bigs.

Why are you raising the flop with the initial raiser yet to act behind?  What range do you put both your opponants on when they both call on the flop?
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: hmm did i play this bad?:
    Were not deep enough to peel here decent spot to jam pre hes playing around 22 bigs. Why are you raising the flop with the initial raiser yet to act behind?  What range do you put both your opponants on when they both call on the flop?
    Posted by bearlyther
    im foldin in this spot. too many hands have got ya beat .not worth riskin yer stack with just top pair
  • edited January 2013
    im gonna throw this out there.

ive read all your posts here and in bbv and a common theme seems to appear in a high percentage of these hands. that being you are in the blinds OOP.

i think that says something in itself.

you really need to adjust how you play hands OOP as most just seem to be you bleed chips away
  • edited January 2013
    im gonna throw this out there. ive read all your posts here and in bbv and a common theme seems to appear in a high percentage of these hands. that being you are in the blinds OOP. i think that says something in itself. you really need to adjust how you play hands OOP as most just seem to be you bleed chips away
    Posted by TINTIN

whats bbv and why am i bleeding away chips here :/?
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: hmm did i play this bad? : whats bbv and why am i bleeding away chips here :/?
    Posted by loololollo
    bbv= brags beats n varience

a lot of the hands you post are marginal hands where its always best to be in position to play them. by calling bets with these marginals oop you are always gonna end up in trouble or guessing what opponent is gonna do, thus bleeding chips. play them in position then you have more info to go on before you decide your play
  • edited January 2013
    this hand you have no idea what original raiser hand strenght is when you raise the donk lead, you got yourself into trouble where you could have got away cheapish
  • edited January 2013
    bbv is the Beats, Brags, Variance section where you post a lot.

You're bleeding chips by calling out of the blinds (big and small blind) with mediocre hands.

A massive majority of the time, you're gonna check/fold the flop (and bleed some chips)

Some of the time you get all  your chips in and often find yourself dominated (bleed lots of chips)

Occasionally you'll smack the flop and probably not win that big a pot most of the time.

You have no idea where you are in the hand at all. The guy who has raised could have anything from 22 - AA, 67,78, 89, 9T, TJ, QJ, QK, AK, AQ, AJ, AT blah blah, he could have a million hands cos he opened (potentially blind stealing as you said), so you have no idea what he has, you raise the flop, get shoved on AND someone still wants to call a shove, you aint gonna be ahead here.
  • edited January 2013
    peeling is fine here
  • edited January 2013
    I'm not a fan of the peel. Not really getting the best stack odds to call. It's either a jam pre ir fold for me, and of the two, based on the initial raisers stack, I fold. As played on the flop... Err I prob flat the donk lead to see what the initial raiser does I guess although I prob try not to get myself into that sort of mess. 
  • edited January 2013
    I'm not a fan of the peel. Not really getting the best stack odds to call. It's either a jam pre ir fold for me, and of the two, based on the initial raisers stack, I fold. As played on the flop... Err I prob flat the donk lead to see what the initial raiser does I guess although I prob try not to get myself into that sort of mess. 
    Posted by mj8bs

thats how big stacks become dominant doing a min raise in position against lower stacks if you keep folding o that sort of play your table image is bad and you get no respect at the table, when you get a real hand everyone else will instant fold
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: hmm did i play this bad? : thats how big stacks become dominant doing a min raise in position against lower stacks if you keep folding o that sort of play your table image is bad and you get no respect at the table, when you get a real hand everyone else will instant fold
    Posted by Glen17
    And that's why you can start 3bet jamming light on them if they are taking liberties with the button, but it's not an excuse to flat call with mediocre hands imo.